70's Cup musings.......

What it says on the tin.
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: 70's Cup musings.......

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Nov 2018, 21:50

At the moment... I appear to be winning two and losing two..... and two of those are fairly close as well. It's tense .
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 26 Nov 2018, 04:15

The finalists have clearly been taking note of what gained most favour in the earlier matches and generally stuck with what will get most votes as you'd expect. There are a few exceptions though such as the Don McClean song and the Steel Dan pick. Steely Dan have not gone down well at all in previous matches so I'm surprised they popped up yet again in the final, and singer-songwriters haven't really been greeted with much enthusiasm either.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Nov 2018, 16:20

trans-chigley express wrote:The finalists have clearly been taking note of what gained most favour in the earlier matches and generally stuck with what will get most votes as you'd expect. There are a few exceptions though such as the Don McClean song and the Steel Dan pick. Steely Dan have not gone down well at all in previous matches so I'm surprised they popped up yet again in the final, and singer-songwriters haven't really been greeted with much enthusiasm either.

I thought about using a couple Steely Dan songs, more popular ones, My Old School or Reeling in the Years. Reason being, they aren't for everyone and their songs lended better to syncing to entire albums than they did one-off competition songs.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Return to “Other Competitions and Cups”