70s Cup Round 1 Match 4 *Darkness_Fish 17- Goat Boy 24*

What it says on the tin.
Rayge

Re: 70s Cup Round 1 Match 4

Postby Rayge » 18 Oct 2018, 15:11

a - never bothered with this lot at the time, so this sounds like a first listen for me. That mannered vocal sounds like he's channeling Devoto, but for all I know that was how he usually pronounced words. Because of their later stuff with the Midget up front, which I have heard, this managed to sound much more primitive and angular than I expected, a poor copy of the Cabs rather than of the Human League. It's going on too long though – ooh, a double time bit, that's stretching them. Unlikeable, all in all, and I don't have a clue what the song is about. 3.5 / 10
b - I was quite the fan of the Attractions at the beginning, and carried on buying the albums well into the eighties, out of habit and having too much money, but, on reflection, the eponymous album was where I got off the bus with little Elvis: the single, despite the usual exuberant noises of the band - one of the best of their era, though rarely mentioned as such – hasn't aged particularly well, either, but it has the beating of its opponent here - 4.5 / 10

B
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 19 Oct 2018, 02:16

Yes, B is a terrific song but Ultravox MK I is classic to me too. Great pick!

A
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 21 Oct 2018, 01:39

Darkness_Fish 17

Goat Boy 24

kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Return to “Other Competitions and Cups”