Page 4 of 4

Re: 2017 - Bitter Recriminations...

Posted: 26 Feb 2017, 17:49
by Matt Harringay
kath wrote:i just want you to know, fanjjjjje, that i am highly offended by yer remarks. not becuz i so lovingly voted for yer list twice, but becuz i have no idea what a paw paw is. how can i not know what a paw paw is, with a name like paw paw?


Now when you pick a paw-paw
Or a prickly pear
And you prick a raw paw
Next time beware
Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw
When you pick a pear
Try to use the claw
But you don't need to use the claw
When you pick a pear of the big paw-paw
Have I given you a clue ?

The bare necessities of life will come to you
They'll come to you!

Re: 2017 - Bitter Recriminations...

Posted: 27 Feb 2017, 19:00
by Count Machuki
Disgraced Former BCB Cup Champion Count Machuki wrote:The Dap-Kings - Casella Walk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcpglleP-7g
Les Miserables - Chemises a Pois, Cravates a Fleurs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf_QoMnryi4
Allen Toussaint - What is Success?* - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d91xE5dkRho
Mongo Santamaria - Cold Sweat - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXSei9xCQHU
Joe South - Hush - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M9se64HoTg
Ramsey Lewis - Sun Goddess - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmlJd6WZMo
The Feelies - Loveless Love - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmVIuIVXbrs
Reverend Charlie Jackson - Morning Train - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjZVlUVR2tM
Los Amaya - Caramelos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdSKNZYyk9Q
The Who - Dogs** - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkEpopoiqtw
Nick Drake - Cello Song - https://youtu.be/h4y8WGOJu_c
(the drums from the end of this^
sound exactly like the beginning of that-->)

Tom Waits - Jockey Full of Bourbon - https://youtu.be/IgMP9O-cIV8
Stereolab - Miss Modular - https://youtu.be/9aYJwd1nyNw
Gilberto Gil - O Canta de Ema - https://youtu.be/u95a4yIdXXg
Irma Thomas - Anyone Who Knows What Love Is (Will Understand)*** - https://youtu.be/r5PUa4CuO8A


*should have used the white girl version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il5hc36YpUM
**YES MATTYREDSOX THAT IS MY FUCKING WHO CHOICE
***should have used the white girl version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhea1U3v1_o


ALSO: :x :x :x

Re: 2017 - Bitter Recriminations...

Posted: 27 Feb 2017, 21:42
by Loki
Yeah if Matty and a couple of others had come back and voted for me again.....


:x

Re: 2017 - Bitter Recriminations...

Posted: 01 Mar 2017, 12:06
by kath
Pat O'Banton wrote:
kath wrote:i just want you to know, fanjjjjje, that i am highly offended by yer remarks. not becuz i so lovingly voted for yer list twice, but becuz i have no idea what a paw paw is. how can i not know what a paw paw is, with a name like paw paw?


Now when you pick a paw-paw
Or a prickly pear
And you prick a raw paw
Next time beware
Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw
When you pick a pear
Try to use the claw
But you don't need to use the claw
When you pick a pear of the big paw-paw
Have I given you a clue ?

The bare necessities of life will come to you
They'll come to you!


ya know what's so sad about this whole paw paw issyew with me?

when i was a lil kid, my dad used to sing this song. he'd scratch his own back against a door frame and wiggle, too.

my memory is going... going... g

Re: 2017 - Bitter Recriminations...

Posted: 06 Mar 2017, 21:18
by sloopjohnc
I stopped voting a round ago because the counts were being rounded up too quickly. Good luck, someone.

Re: 2017 - Bitter Recriminations...

Posted: 06 Mar 2017, 21:33
by Goat Boy
martha wrote:Yeah Velv, that's what I thought as well, but Count Machuki and sloopjohnc both expressed that it was too soon for them to vote in the quarterfinals round even though I had already extended that match beyond 48 hours due to the boards being wonky and one of the next five lists being late.

So since at least three people have said they wanted even MORE time, even while myself and two or three others have said 48 is sufficient, I'll go with the folks that need time over those that don't. I think if someone needs more time, there's no compelling reason to rush the cup...so I'm extending it -- I just need the next five lists in a timely manner this time (and after the semis).

Re: 2017 - Bitter Recriminations...

Posted: 07 Mar 2017, 09:32
by Goat Boy
Can I just that say that asking for ties to be extended by two more fucking days just so you can find the time to vote and then not fucking vote is a cunts trick.

I shall not forget.

Re: 2017 - Bitter Recriminations...

Posted: 10 Mar 2017, 18:24
by Johnny Fartpants
Erm, does anyone know why the title of the 2017 final thread is "BCB Cup 2016 - The Final"?

Re: 2017 - Bitter Recriminations...

Posted: 10 Mar 2017, 19:02
by PENK
Because both lists were just copied and pasted from previous years?

Re: 2017 - Bitter Recriminations...

Posted: 10 Mar 2017, 19:15
by Johnny Fartpants
PENK wrote:Because both lists were just copied and pasted from previous years?


Good point, well made. ;)

Re: 2017 - Bitter Recriminations...

Posted: 01 Nov 2017, 13:32
by Matty Red Sox
Count Machuki wrote:
Disgraced Former BCB Cup Champion Count Machuki wrote:The Dap-Kings - Casella Walk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcpglleP-7g
Les Miserables - Chemises a Pois, Cravates a Fleurs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf_QoMnryi4
Allen Toussaint - What is Success?* - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d91xE5dkRho
Mongo Santamaria - Cold Sweat - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXSei9xCQHU
Joe South - Hush - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M9se64HoTg
Ramsey Lewis - Sun Goddess - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmlJd6WZMo
The Feelies - Loveless Love - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmVIuIVXbrs
Reverend Charlie Jackson - Morning Train - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjZVlUVR2tM
Los Amaya - Caramelos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdSKNZYyk9Q
The Who - Dogs** - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkEpopoiqtw
Nick Drake - Cello Song - https://youtu.be/h4y8WGOJu_c
(the drums from the end of this^
sound exactly like the beginning of that-->)

Tom Waits - Jockey Full of Bourbon - https://youtu.be/IgMP9O-cIV8
Stereolab - Miss Modular - https://youtu.be/9aYJwd1nyNw
Gilberto Gil - O Canta de Ema - https://youtu.be/u95a4yIdXXg
Irma Thomas - Anyone Who Knows What Love Is (Will Understand)*** - https://youtu.be/r5PUa4CuO8A


*should have used the white girl version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il5hc36YpUM
**YES MATTYREDSOX THAT IS MY FUCKING WHO CHOICE
***should have used the white girl version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhea1U3v1_o


ALSO: :x :x :x


Just saw this.... that's a terrible choice by the Who. Sounds like an extra track on a blur cd single. ;)