Cup Rules and Announcements - 2017 BCB Cup

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Re: Cup Rules and Announcements - 2017 BCB Cup

Postby Penk! » 20 Feb 2017, 21:00

kath wrote: i'm not gonna come up with obscure albanian punk or anything, either.

Is that a *cough*?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 20 Feb 2017, 21:16

PENK wrote:
kath wrote: i'm not gonna come up with obscure albanian punk or anything, either.

Is that a *cough*?

damn, did i say obscure albanian punk?

i meant to say obscure albanian polka.

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 20 Feb 2017, 21:33

PENK wrote:As one of the people who has abstained aWe all have our own ways of putting the lists together and voting. If your list got pumped it wasn't because anyone abstained, it was because people liked the other list more. If you think they were bell-ends for voting against you, then you should certainly say so: that's half the fun of the cup. And look at match 2 - Martha cast the deciding vote after saying she didn't like either list and was tempted to abstain. I bet Fange wishes she had done so!

I actually made the post about abstaining yesterday before my match had finished and while it was still quite even. So it's nothing to do with whether I think abstainers affected my match or not. I think you're kind of missing my point ...

I know I'm never going to win this thing. My tastes are too limited to appeal to the musos on here. In fact I'd probably be horrified if I did win. The lists that win this are usually bland and characterless and aimed at the middle ground. And that's not me. My point is that if you don't like either list, then just move onto the next match. Don't post "abstain". It just makes you look like a twat. Or a prog goon, if you prefer. Vote for one list or the other, in the spirit of the Cup.

Anyway, enough from me. You homo.
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 20 Feb 2017, 21:46

Johnny Fartpants wrote:Vote for one list or the other, in the spirit of the Cup.

The spirit of the Cup is all about finding the best way to infuriate other posters, I always thought.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 21 Feb 2017, 04:59

So the Prog is next, innit?

And then the JB&S / MOBO, eh fangey?

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 21 Feb 2017, 06:12

JB&S probably Aug.-Sept. kick-off.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 22 Feb 2017, 21:30

kath wrote: but if anyone is trying to tell me it's a prog thing... you should've seen the abstentions in the loud cup, mwhahaha.

The problem with the loud cup was that half of the posters seemed to think it was the prog cup.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 22 Feb 2017, 21:33

Johnny Fartpants wrote: My point is that if you don't like either list, then just move onto the next match. Don't post "abstain". It just makes you look like a twat. Or a prog goon.

Nah, I'd rather vent. Call me a twat, but if I see two really dull lists that don't deserve a vote from me, then I'll comment on that. I feel that after enduring 10 tracks of bland Mojo-ness, or 10 youtube videos of the inner label of northern soul 45s, I've earned that right to be a twat.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 22 Feb 2017, 23:52

Darkness_Fish wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote: My point is that if you don't like either list, then just move onto the next match. Don't post "abstain". It just makes you look like a twat. Or a prog goon.

Nah, I'd rather vent. Call me a twat, but if I see two really dull lists that don't deserve a vote from me, then I'll comment on that. I feel that after enduring 10 tracks of bland Mojo-ness, or 10 youtube videos of the inner label of northern soul 45s, I've earned that right to be a twat.

come now. you are the same twat even when yer in a cup match-up listening to 2 tracks instead of 20. no need to be modest about it.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 22 Feb 2017, 23:52

Darkness_Fish wrote:Nah, I'd rather vent. Call me a twat, but if I see two really dull lists that don't deserve a vote from me, then I'll comment on that. I feel that after enduring 10 tracks of bland Mojo-ness, or 10 youtube videos of the inner label of northern soul 45s, I've earned that right to be a twat.

Yeah, you tell 'em, twat.

;)
Jonny Spencer wrote:

algroth

Postby algroth » 23 Feb 2017, 03:16

Darkness_Fish wrote:

So long as they don't call you a prog goon... ;)

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 23 Feb 2017, 13:34

Johnny Fartpants wrote: Don't post "abstain". It just makes you look like a twat. Or a prog goon, if you prefer. Vote for one list or the other, in the spirit of the Cup.

:mrgreen:

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 24 Feb 2017, 10:28

Due to delays and general board wonkiness, I had a late start kicking the quarterfinals off on Friday.

And as I don't want to be up at 3am on Saturday night, the matches will be extended and the voting period will end on Sunday February 26th at NOON MST / 7:00 PM GMT rather than early Sunday morning.

Those going through to the semis need to get me their next five tracks after the matches close please. Thanks.
--m.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 28 Feb 2017, 19:09

Hear ye hear ye

The last two rounds semis and finals will be extended. Voting will begin on Friday morning and end on Tuesday morning.

To make that work I need to get your next five tracks people
--m.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 03 Mar 2017, 09:24

Semis to end at 4:59pm MST Monday, aka 11:59 PM Monday GMT.
--m.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 07 Mar 2017, 01:12

BCB cup will conclude with the final round. The Write Profile and Mike Boom are the remaining candidates. Get me your final five tracks asap please, thank you.

Once I have them -- we' will finish this off.

Thanks to all the participants and voters.
--m.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 07 Mar 2017, 01:14

Thanks for all the work, Martha.
Jonny Spencer wrote:

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 08 Mar 2017, 06:53

You're welcome. My pleasure.

The final is now voting.
VOTE.
You have 4.5 days. Voting ends Sunday, March 12th at 11:50 AM MST / 6:50 pm GMT.
--m.

Return to “2017 BCB Cup”