Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby kath » 24 Mar 2013, 14:55

soundchaser wrote:Endless Dream...you're welcome to that one. I think Rabin's Yes was a lot more popular in the States than over here, so I'm not surprised to see you protective of them.

i am somewhat confused by this. i am protective of 'endless dream', cuz several years ago, reap played it for me. i had never heard it. i forgot how the conversation started, but he was shocked i had never heard it (or the talk album at all.) so he played the song for me with that look on his face... ya knowwww, the look that sez he knows i'm gonna luvv it, and he is just eatin up the fact that he gets to turn me onto it and watch my reaction. he was right. he is right about these things 98.3% of the time.

it aint just an american thing, especially not in terms of more radio play or exposure, cuz no one here heard talk. yes had lost me by then. are brits more conservative or purist about what they consider a real form of a band, the classic recipe? i dunno about any of that. it just depends. i always go for what i think is good to mine ears. i don't give a crap where or who it's from.

do i think the track ranks higher than 'heart of the sunrise'? no. but it's still up there for me. i think those john sections that move up and up and up even when ya don't think they can go up anymore are wunnnnerful. i think they're inspirational. i've used that track on an exercise bike mix before, as the closer. mwhahahaHA.

to be honest, i am probably more protective of 'endless dream' than i am of anything on big generator, and most of 90125. i can't tell whether that makes me more american or less american.

in the end, though, we must look where we connect, since we are not clashing swords in the same group, of course. my brother handed me fragile (and aqualung and made in japan) when i was 9 or 10. although he was american (born in panama, strangely enough), he warped my frajyyle leetle miiiind. at my core of cores, i'm probably just as musically britty as all you bastards.

on an unrelated note, can i move to wales? i've always wanted to. if not, why not, dammit? sniffle.

kath

Postby kath » 24 Mar 2013, 15:08

Lord Rother wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:
kath wrote:i'm soooo bored, dammit. can't we get this show on the road before the year 2525? hmmm?

I can put up some matches this week where both competitors have already submitted just to get things rolling but those that haven't submitted yet still have till the Easter Weekend. I'll be away for that long weekend so won't be able to post anything anyway.

I don't think so. Should wait until all entries are in.

are you in my group? hmm? well, are ya, punk? puddddem upppp. and yer lil groundhog, too.

TCE: do whatever the hell ya want. don't listen to me. don't listen to lord groundhog. do what works for you. you are the poobah. poobah decides all.

p.s. imagine all us BCBers were on one committee to figure out the master plan to save planet earth from a doomsday asteroid hittin in 24 hours. the only way to destroy that killer rock is by blasting it with a weapon consisting of a specific three famous songs. well, earth would be fucquin toast before we'd all decide on the version of the first track, what format, which remaster, etcetcetc. kaplooooey.

Pigpen

Postby Pigpen » 24 Mar 2013, 16:34

kath wrote:p.p.p.p.p.s. yew, i see, pigpen.

List submitted... (and it is such a good one!)

Harvey K-Tel wrote:Do you cunts actually listen to this stuff for pleasure??! Holy fucking shit. I fell asleep (honestly) while I was listening to A, but anything, even a sleepy fart, is better than B.

kath

Postby kath » 24 Mar 2013, 16:41

pigpen, i fully predict i will get slaughtered beyond all bloody reckoning, ya know. i always predict this, cuz it is usually exactly what happens to me, in any and all competitions around here. i suspect last year was a fluke, weird luck of pairings and moods, and not ascribable to actual talent at strategizing or playing to the crowd or any of that crap i am clueless about.

that being said, i am going to be cocky and in yer face the ENtire time, dudette, no matter my scores, becuz you CHEAT, dammit. i may go down in flames, but i will make damn sure before i do that yer wearing a luvvly lil wispy lace number with matching platform leather boots and perhaps a few gypsy-like accessories, i dunno, maybe a floppy velvet beret lookin thing, or a a silky shawl, something that really brings out yer eyes.

these things matter.

Pigpen

Postby Pigpen » 24 Mar 2013, 16:48

kath wrote:pigpen, i fully predict i will get slaughtered beyond all bloody reckoning, ya know. i always predict this, cuz it is usually exactly what happens to me, in any and all competitions around here. i suspect last year was a fluke, weird luck of pairings and moods, and not ascribable to actual talent at strategizing or playing to the crowd or any of that crap i am clueless about.

that being said, i am going to be cocky and in yer face the ENtire time, dudette, no matter my scores, becuz you CHEAT, dammit. i may go down in flames, but i will make damn sure before i do that yer wearing a luvvly lil wispy lace number with matching platform leather boots and perhaps a few gypsy-like accessories, i dunno, maybe a floppy velvet beret lookin thing, or a a silky shawl, something that really brings out yer eyes.

these things matter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:Do you cunts actually listen to this stuff for pleasure??! Holy fucking shit. I fell asleep (honestly) while I was listening to A, but anything, even a sleepy fart, is better than B.

lord_of_light88

Postby lord_of_light88 » 24 Mar 2013, 19:16

Lord Rother wrote:I don't think so. Should wait until all entries are in.

Agreed. Let's wait till after Easter weekend.

The Lords have spoken.
Master Wanker

kath

Postby kath » 24 Mar 2013, 20:36

lord_of_light88 wrote:The Lords have spoken.

lords? well, i didn't vote for ya.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 24 Mar 2013, 21:30

kath wrote:
soundchaser wrote:Endless Dream...you're welcome to that one. I think Rabin's Yes was a lot more popular in the States than over here, so I'm not surprised to see you protective of them.

i am somewhat confused by this. i am protective of 'endless dream', cuz several years ago, reap played it for me. i had never heard it. i forgot how the conversation started, but he was shocked i had never heard it (or the talk album at all.) so he played the song for me with that look on his face... ya knowwww, the look that sez he knows i'm gonna luvv it, and he is just eatin up the fact that he gets to turn me onto it and watch my reaction. he was right. he is right about these things 98.3% of the time.

it aint just an american thing, especially not in terms of more radio play or exposure, cuz no one here heard talk. yes had lost me by then. are brits more conservative or purist about what they consider a real form of a band, the classic recipe? i dunno about any of that. it just depends. i always go for what i think is good to mine ears. i don't give a crap where or who it's from.

do i think the track ranks higher than 'heart of the sunrise'? no. but it's still up there for me. i think those john sections that move up and up and up even when ya don't think they can go up anymore are wunnnnerful. i think they're inspirational. i've used that track on an exercise bike mix before, as the closer. mwhahahaHA.

to be honest, i am probably more protective of 'endless dream' than i am of anything on big generator, and most of 90125. i can't tell whether that makes me more american or less american.

in the end, though, we must look where we connect, since we are not clashing swords in the same group, of course. my brother handed me fragile (and aqualung and made in japan) when i was 9 or 10. although he was american (born in panama, strangely enough), he warped my frajyyle leetle miiiind. at my core of cores, i'm probably just as musically britty as all you bastards.

on an unrelated note, can i move to wales? i've always wanted to. if not, why not, dammit? sniffle.

Sorry, Kath, I didn't mean to stoke your ire, I was just trying to engage in some pre-competition discussion. We'll just have to agree to disagree about Endless Dream. I only mention the American thing, because on forums like Yesfans, I have noticed that American fans tend to favour the Rabin period more than the Brits. I could be wrong though, it's just an observation.

Why Wales? It's never really appealed to me and it's only a few hours drive from my house. Seriously, I'd suggest looking a bit further south and in particular, the English coastal and rural counties of Hampshire, Dorset, Devon, Somerset & Cornwall: outstanding beauty to be found there.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 24 Mar 2013, 21:32

All of group two's lists are in and just 2 lists for group one remaining so I see no reason not to get some of matches up before the Easter break.

C
Robust

Postby C » 24 Mar 2013, 21:56

LET'S ROCK!

YES, LET'S ROCK!!

fange wrote:OOOOF! Full of music!

Nice tubs. Good lad!

kath

Postby kath » 24 Mar 2013, 22:55

soundchaser wrote:Sorry, Kath, I didn't mean to stoke your ire...

you didn't stoke my ire, yew silly person. why do you always think yer stokin my ire? you have never once stoked my ire. i have no real ire on this board, or anywhere else online. it's rare enough i have real ire offline. i save it for important things. er, none of which i can think of right now, but i'm sure they exist. if hordes of wandrin mutant post-apocalyptic gangs try to attack my luvved ones... then you'll see some real ire. for however many seconds i last. but it'll be real.

otherwise, don't take anything i say in any kinda real tone. if i wanna bitch or draw a broadsword around here, i surely will... two of my fave pasttimes. but it is not serious. think of me more like...

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 25 Mar 2013, 03:33

trans-chigley express wrote:All of group two's lists are in and just 2 lists for group one remaining so I see no reason not to get some of matches up before the Easter break.

Woohoo!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 25 Mar 2013, 03:37

Count Machuki wrote:OK, kath - pass the time by listening to my prog cup list:

Rossini - Ouverture La Gazza Ladra link
Satie - Trois Gymnopédies link
Bach - Cello Suite 1 link
Nancarrow - Study for Player Piano 21 link
Hildegard von bingen - O vis aeternitatis link
Adams - Harmonielehre link
Bartók - Concerto For Orchestra link
Ligeti - Piano Etudes, Book 1: "VI. Automne à Varsovie" link
Beethoven - Symphony 6 link
Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart link

:lol:

Now THAT'S broad church - though you might have put some Handel in just to give it some actual church. :)
Jonny Spencer wrote:

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 25 Mar 2013, 03:48

Only Huw and Apollo's Frock's lists are outstanding*. I shall give them a gentle nudge and we can get going.

*I mean I haven't received not that they're great!

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 25 Mar 2013, 07:15

kath wrote:
soundchaser wrote:Sorry, Kath, I didn't mean to stoke your ire...

you didn't stoke my ire, yew silly person. why do you always think yer stokin my ire? you have never once stoked my ire. i have no real ire on this board, or anywhere else online. it's rare enough i have real ire offline. i save it for important things. er, none of which i can think of right now, but i'm sure they exist. if hordes of wandrin mutant post-apocalyptic gangs try to attack my luvved ones... then you'll see some real ire. for however many seconds i last. but it'll be real.

otherwise, don't take anything i say in any kinda real tone. if i wanna bitch or draw a broadsword around here, i surely will... two of my fave pasttimes. but it is not serious. think of me more like...

Thanks for that :D! It was a tongue in cheek apology, trying to dig myself out of a hole, but cheers for this anyway: my inner clown approves.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 26 Mar 2013, 01:50

So now you have to change yer avatar. :)

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Maryann

Postby Maryann » 26 Mar 2013, 03:21

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 26 Mar 2013, 14:55

fangedango! wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:OK, kath - pass the time by listening to my prog cup list:

Rossini - Ouverture La Gazza Ladra link
Satie - Trois Gymnopédies link
Bach - Cello Suite 1 link
Nancarrow - Study for Player Piano 21 link
Hildegard von bingen - O vis aeternitatis link
Adams - Harmonielehre link
Bartók - Concerto For Orchestra link
Ligeti - Piano Etudes, Book 1: "VI. Automne à Varsovie" link
Beethoven - Symphony 6 link
Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart link

Now THAT'S broad church - though you might have put some Handel in just to give it some actual church. :)

Dude, Hildegard von Bingen was a nun AND a broad. That's about as churchy as it gets!

Hope you guys are having fun progging out...
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

kath

Postby kath » 26 Mar 2013, 23:12

Count Machuki wrote:
fangedango! wrote:Now THAT'S broad church - though you might have put some Handel in just to give it some actual church. :)

Dude, Hildegard von Bingen was a nun AND a broad. That's about as churchy as it gets!

Hope you guys are having fun progging out...

that hildegard thingie really is beautiful. i've played it a few times since you put it up.

ya know, count, i really am kinda surprised you don't dig more prog, what with its occasional classical markers and variations and movements and all that crap. maybe you do, and i just haven't been payin close enough attention. for some reason, i tend to see you as almost two halves... the classicali symphonic side and the james brown/-amba/funk side. i know that's a misconception on my part. (i know you dig all manner of pop, for example). but ya gotta admit.. it would make for a KILLER split halloween costume. oh yessss. half baron von beethoven, half james brown. mwhahaHA.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 27 Mar 2013, 00:24

Count Machuki wrote:Dude, Hildegard von Bingen was a nun AND a broad. That's about as churchy as it gets!

Awesome - seminary AND robust! :)

It's fun doing a bit of the proggy thing. I'm guessing there is not gonna be as much Bo Diddley as i'd like, but my blessing (and possibly my Cup curse as well) is that i have extremely broad tastes. So while i've never really been able to get into some groups like Yes or Gentle Giant, i love a heap of stuff that falls under the Proggy broad church eaves.

So let's rock!! In many time signatures and several inter-related parts!!
Jonny Spencer wrote: