Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

User avatar
oliltownofkathlehem
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 35422
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby oliltownofkathlehem » 22 Mar 2013, 04:33

trans-chigley express wrote:
fangedango! wrote:
So when are you blowing the whistle to start, Ray?


When I've got all of the lists or at least enough to get started. So far I've received five from group 2 but just the one from group 1.


you mean just me from group 1?

you haven't even turned in yer own list to yerself???

lollygaggers!!!

kiddin. take all the time in the next 24 hours y'all want. ::smack::

p.s. i see yew, pigpen. i have my eyes on yew.





p.p.s. ... yes, yew.

User avatar
oliltownofkathlehem
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 35422
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby oliltownofkathlehem » 22 Mar 2013, 04:37

never/ever wrote:Man. I'm in Los Angeles right now and prog is so not on my mind....

Damn, may have to forego sleep and do a list right now.


just a tip, dude: don't use any motley crue.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 23706
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby never/ever » 22 Mar 2013, 04:44

kath wrote:
never/ever wrote:Man. I'm in Los Angeles right now and prog is so not on my mind....

Damn, may have to forego sleep and do a list right now.


just a tip, dude: don't use any motley crue.


I was thinking Priest...



born to lead
With break-neck speed
In high octane
We're SPITTING FLAAAAAME.......
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
oliltownofkathlehem
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 35422
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby oliltownofkathlehem » 22 Mar 2013, 04:49

p.p.p.p.p.s. yew, i see, pigpen.


Image

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 17724
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby trans-chigley express » 22 Mar 2013, 04:51

kath wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:
fangedango! wrote:
So when are you blowing the whistle to start, Ray?


When I've got all of the lists or at least enough to get started. So far I've received five from group 2 but just the one from group 1.


you mean just me from group 1?

you haven't even turned in yer own list to yerself???

lollygaggers!!!

kiddin. take all the time in the next 24 hours y'all want. ::smack::

p.s. i see yew, pigpen. i have my eyes on yew.





p.p.s. ... yes, yew.



I do my list last so I can pick stuff that hasn't been been chosen by others, though I already have a little list of stuff I want to use that I think no one else will pick.

I sense unfinished business between you and pigpen since he just pipped you to the title last time.

User avatar
oliltownofkathlehem
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 35422
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby oliltownofkathlehem » 22 Mar 2013, 04:53

never/ever wrote:
kath wrote:
never/ever wrote:Man. I'm in Los Angeles right now and prog is so not on my mind....

Damn, may have to forego sleep and do a list right now.


just a tip, dude: don't use any motley crue.


I was thinking Priest...



born to lead
With break-neck speed
In high octane
We're SPITTING FLAAAAAME.......


yeahhhh, bitches, freewheeel burning...

waiddaminute. everybody knows priest aint from los angeles, dude. really.

they're from gary, indiana.

User avatar
oliltownofkathlehem
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 35422
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby oliltownofkathlehem » 22 Mar 2013, 04:54

trans-chigley express wrote:I sense unfinished business between you and pigpen since he just pipped you to the title last time.


he is evil, frankly. and he must be destroyed.

User avatar
Maryann
Posts: 1847
Joined: 13 Mar 2013, 11:42

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby Maryann » 22 Mar 2013, 05:28

1) so it's 10 songs, not 9?

B) what if i choose something that people will claim isn't prawg, and a big fight ensues?..... is that likely to happen, or will it be more like people accepting that to me, it's prawg, so we'll take it anyway.... or am i dreaming at this point?

speaking of dreaming, i, too, am foregoing sleep to get this bastid done already.... i have work tomorrow, damn yous!!!

although i can't stop listening to what's going to be my first selection... so delicious it is...

User avatar
Maryann
Posts: 1847
Joined: 13 Mar 2013, 11:42

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby Maryann » 22 Mar 2013, 05:30

kath wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:I sense unfinished business between you and pigpen since he just pipped you to the title last time.


he is evil, frankly. and he must be destroyed.


[Draco deadpan guttergrowl] i will brrreak you [/Draco]

User avatar
Maryann
Posts: 1847
Joined: 13 Mar 2013, 11:42

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby Maryann » 22 Mar 2013, 05:31

oops, i meant DraGO!!... Draco's Harry Potter!!! :lol:

i need sleeeeeeep!!!

User avatar
Maryann
Posts: 1847
Joined: 13 Mar 2013, 11:42

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby Maryann » 22 Mar 2013, 05:42

fangedango! wrote:Enjoy the process, Maryann! One of my favourite aspects of this kind of thing is just the chance to go through music you love and see if it still speaks to you, and if you can get alist together that excites you as well as others.


you know what i'm finding?.... my mood keeps changing... in one sitting i'm looking up one type of thing, in another i'm doing the complete opposite... at one point i started seeing a theme in the selections i was making and i considered going with that, but then i found it too limiting; the choices for whichever artist i was focussing on were more or less subpar musically, and then i'd remember this is a competition! :lol: .....so that idea went out the window, although a couple remain that have a certain link... one minute i'm thinking of organization, another i'm thinking of creating an eclectic mix to mirror my range of tastes... then i'm wondering if i should put my strong selections first or last, or to stagger them, maybe dovetail them.... i'm all over the place here :D

but i am enjoying the process, definitely... thanks!

User avatar
oliltownofkathlehem
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 35422
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby oliltownofkathlehem » 22 Mar 2013, 06:13

Maryann wrote:oops, i meant DraGO!!... Draco's Harry Potter!!! :lol:

i need sleeeeeeep!!!


they're both the same, ya know. drago and draco.. both dragons.

i luvvvv dragons.

especially norwegian ridgebacks.

i had a rhodesian ridgeback once. his name was jack the chaucer, and he looked like this:

Image


he didn't so much fly around and breathe fire as he did nap.

and noooo, i didn't get a nap. why, does it show?

User avatar
oliltownofkathlehem
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 35422
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: bama via new orleans

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby oliltownofkathlehem » 22 Mar 2013, 06:25

Maryann wrote:
fangedango! wrote:Enjoy the process, Maryann! One of my favourite aspects of this kind of thing is just the chance to go through music you love and see if it still speaks to you, and if you can get alist together that excites you as well as others.


you know what i'm finding?.... my mood keeps changing... in one sitting i'm looking up one type of thing, in another i'm doing the complete opposite... at one point i started seeing a theme in the selections i was making and i considered going with that, but then i found it too limiting; the choices for whichever artist i was focussing on were more or less subpar musically, and then i'd remember this is a competition! :lol: .....so that idea went out the window, although a couple remain that have a certain link... one minute i'm thinking of organization, another i'm thinking of creating an eclectic mix to mirror my range of tastes... then i'm wondering if i should put my strong selections first or last, or to stagger them, maybe dovetail them.... i'm all over the place here :D

but i am enjoying the process, definitely... thanks!


i think the weirdest thing about this, the hardest to unthink for me personally, is *not* forming everything in terms of list over all. ya know? i mean, sure, everyone's gonna see the list at the end of it all, but they won't during the competition. it's all about one lil isolated song of yers, and whatever lil isolated song it happens to get paired against. (okay, this is proggy, so drop the lil a lil.)

and the folk yer competing against, they're all in the same boat, too. everybody has different priorities on all of it, everybody has their own sense of variety... but in the end, i think what matters most is this: *you* just happen to think it's a kickass track. mwhaha. whatever it is. well, unless it's fucquin achilles last stand, of course.

this is why i luvvv this particular competition. ya.

User avatar
BlueMeanie
Posts: 5697
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 11:41
Location: A place where no one says please
Contact:

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby BlueMeanie » 22 Mar 2013, 06:56

Maryann wrote:1) so it's 10 songs, not 9?



It's 9.
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

GoogaMooga wrote:I do have standards.

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8022
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby soundchaser » 22 Mar 2013, 07:24

So, we only vote for songs in our group?






Only Joking.

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8022
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby soundchaser » 22 Mar 2013, 07:31

kath wrote:i luvvvv dragons.


Have you been watching Game of Thrones?

Gotta love that Mother of Dragons: she's hotter than her offspring.

Image

User avatar
NMB
Posts: 4716
Joined: 22 Jun 2005, 20:46
Location: Darkest Surrey

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby NMB » 22 Mar 2013, 08:57

I can't do my list until the weekend so don't everybody rush. It's not picking the songs that's the slow bit, it's finding my way around Youtube.
turn on, tune in, nod off

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6215
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby Lord Rother » 22 Mar 2013, 10:07

Bugger. One of my toons is not on YouTube - is there an alternative? Spotify link perhaps? Or MySpace link?

User avatar
BlueMeanie
Posts: 5697
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 11:41
Location: A place where no one says please
Contact:

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby BlueMeanie » 22 Mar 2013, 10:14

Lord Rother wrote:Bugger. One of my toons is not on YouTube - is there an alternative? Spotify link perhaps? Or MySpace link?


Spotify will give you away. You could try Vimeo or last.fm.
Betty Denim wrote:The first time I saw a strange man's cock was in a queue for a Belgian breakfast buffet.

GoogaMooga wrote:I do have standards.

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 17724
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Re: Prog Premiership 2013 FULL

Postby trans-chigley express » 22 Mar 2013, 10:26

BlueMeanie wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Bugger. One of my toons is not on YouTube - is there an alternative? Spotify link perhaps? Or MySpace link?


Spotify will give you away. You could try Vimeo or last.fm.


Or pick another tune. Algroth had a problem last time with one of his tracks and he picked something else in the end.