Michael McDonald and the sanctity of the BCB cup

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Michael McDonald and the sanctity of the BCB cup

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Jan 2013, 12:41

Thesiger wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Why did you feel the need to start a completely new thread and clutter up the forum (which is hard enough to follow as it is)?

Attention seeking.

Quite possibly. Or trying to raise the profile of his own entry?

Matty Red Sox wrote:Has Yellowjacket hijacked your account?

You are a cock, generally, but this is a salient point. I have expressed something similar myself, in the past.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"
"'Seize the moments as they fly, know to live and learn to die'."

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 24 Jan 2013, 13:12

What the fuck is the sanctity of the cup?
I run out of talent

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 24 Jan 2013, 13:25

WG Kaspar wrote:What the fuck is the sanctity of the cup?

It's the little weldy bit just above the handle.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 24 Jan 2013, 14:25

fangedango! wrote:Goddam that T Willy Rye, I'm so sick of him ruining BCB! :x

First it was all that shit soul-jazz and African stuff he's constantly bleating about, then it was crap Mix Club discs that were the aural version of sleeping tablets, and now it's disrespectful comments towards chart-topping, award-winning 70s rock stars and their fans! The bastard's out of fucking control. He's bringing BCB to it's knees, and yet he's still allowed to post his poison here in the sanctified BCB Cup.

Won't somebody please think of the children and finally ban him?! :evil:

Damn straight! :twisted:

You know, I haven't told anybody this, but my wife and I decided to have our baby only as a means of keeping me busier around the house, thereby giving me a valid excuse for not spending as much time here, all as a means of not having to read any of that fucker's stuff.
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

Tapiocahead

Postby Tapiocahead » 24 Jan 2013, 15:05

You can't fool me, there is no sanctity clause.
Fishstick selling fuck

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 24 Jan 2013, 15:11

Nolamike wrote:Damn straight! :twisted:

You know, I haven't told anybody this, but my wife and I decided to have our baby only as a means of keeping me busier around the house, thereby giving me a valid excuse for not spending as much time here, all as a means of not having to read any of that fucker's stuff.

Holy shit, that's why we had our baby too! The fucker is responsible for a goddamn population explosion!.

Actually we had a child so I can give my records and CDs to somebody.
the Eagles suck.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 24 Jan 2013, 16:23

Diamond Dog wrote:Why did you feel the need to start a completely new thread and clutter up the forum (which is hard enough to follow as it is)? Why not just add it to this one : http://bcb-board.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 2&t=108429 (the clue is in the title "All Purpose Cup Comment Thread"). :evil:

1. He's entitled to start a thread if he thinks the topic is of sufficient import. Everything doesn't go into the All Purpose thread (e.g. Bitter Recriminations, What Have You Discovered?) and Googs' thread will sink or swim on its merits.

2. Googs, you're taking this too seriously. It's just a bit of fun. Outrage at others' choices is par for the course.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 24 Jan 2013, 16:29

Snarfyguy wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Why did you feel the need to start a completely new thread and clutter up the forum (which is hard enough to follow as it is)? Why not just add it to this one : viewtopic.php?f=52&t=108429 (the clue is in the title "All Purpose Cup Comment Thread"). :evil:

1. He's entitled to start a thread if he thinks the topic is of sufficient import. Everything doesn't go into the All Purpose thread (e.g. Bitter Recriminations, What Have You Discovered?) and Googs' thread will sink or swim on its merits.

2. Googs, you're taking this too seriously. It's just a bit of fun. Outrage at others' choices is par for the course.

You BASTARD!!!! (see googs', Snarfy is fine).
the Eagles suck.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 24 Jan 2013, 17:28

Nah, he's just an attention seeker, quite unlike the poster who is taking him to task for posting in a way he doesn't agree with, pointing out incorrect links he assumes the "afficianados" have missed and mithering about people mixing up the group Heart with the mainstays of the group Heart.

Self-awareness? What's that?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

T. Willy Rye
Spinner of crazy fuck-ass shit

Postby T. Willy Rye » 24 Jan 2013, 17:36

I had no idea that the situation was this dire. I believed that Michael McDonald’s poison had dissipated since his heydey of the 80s, but I see now I was wrong. I had dabbled with irony in my early 20s, but the way today’s youth immerse themselves in it is alarming to me. Michael McDonald saw this irony opening in what was once a pretty formidable fortress that blocked out his evil; saw it and pounced. The following story is not pleasant, but I think you’ll agree that due to current circumstances that I had no choice but to share it with the board.

During Spring Break 1986 my cousin Debbie came to visit, choosing to spend her week away from her small college in Iowa with us. I hadn’t known Debbie that well; she seemed a pleasant enough sort, but at least two times a day she would bust out her cassette of McDonald’s No Looking Back. Often times, after the track Yah Mo Be There played, she would immediately rewind it and play again. It seemed the overall temperature of the house would drop a degree or two after every playing of the cassette. By the end of the week, the house was freezing. It was April, we lived in the high desert of Southern California; we weren’t prepared.

We tried everything to raise the temperature, but to no avail. One day while shopping at Miller’s Outpost, I heard McDonald’s familiar melody come over the store’s system and again felt the chill. I consulted a DJ the next day. He explained that within McDonald’s vocals (even recorded) there are 23 pathogens that aggressively attack and consume soul agents that occur naturally in an ecosystem. He said the only thing to do was to quarantine the place and prescribed a steady diet of Ohio Players, the Meters, and Cameo (it was the 80s) to restore the tainted environment’s soul equilibrium.

Googa, I know dabbling in 80s soul can be fun. That slaphappy Seinfeldian bass mixed with those Casio keyboards, pulling out those record sleeves, looking at all that hair before that what-the-fuck-were-they-thinking moment of realization overtakes us, but Michael McDonald is a different manner all together. He is dangerous.

Update on my cousin Debbie. She lives in a gated community in Scottsdale, Arizona and works as a dental hygienist. Her favorite restaurant is Panda Express and the last time I spoke with her (in 2008) she said she loved this new band and thought I’d really dig them. I asked her what they were called and she replied, “Matchbox 20.” Truth be told, I think we lost Debbie a long time ago. I tell you this, Googa, because I care.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 24 Jan 2013, 17:37

Snarfyguy wrote:

Thanks Snarfy. Why someone couldn't have made this obvious point at the beginning of the thread I don't know. Invective and hyperbole have always been part of the BCB cup.

I would also add I'd take Michael MacDonald over any number of tedious "keeping it real" rock bands espoused on here.

Qube

Postby Qube » 24 Jan 2013, 17:41

T. Willy Rye wrote:The following story is not pleasant, but I think you’ll agree that due to current circumstances that I had no choice but to share it with the board.

:lol:

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 24 Jan 2013, 17:48

T. Willy Rye wrote:I had no idea that the situation was this dire. I believed that Michael McDonald’s poison had dissipated since his heydey of the 80s, but I see now I was wrong. I had dabbled with irony in my early 20s, but the way today’s youth immerse themselves in it is alarming to me. Michael McDonald saw this irony opening in what was once a pretty formidable fortress that blocked out his evil; saw it and pounced. The following story is not pleasant, but I think you’ll agree that due to current circumstances that I had no choice but to share it with the board.

During Spring Break 1986 my cousin Debbie came to visit, choosing to spend her week away from her small college in Iowa with us. I hadn’t known Debbie that well; she seemed a pleasant enough sort, but at least two times a day she would bust out her cassette of McDonald’s No Looking Back. Often times, after the track Yah Mo Be There played, she would immediately rewind it and play again. It seemed the overall temperature of the house would drop a degree or two after every playing of the cassette. By the end of the week, the house was freezing. It was April, we lived in the high desert of Southern California; we weren’t prepared.

We tried everything to raise the temperature, but to no avail. One day while shopping at Miller’s Outpost, I heard McDonald’s familiar melody come over the store’s system and again felt the chill. I consulted a DJ the next day. He explained that within McDonald’s vocals (even recorded) there are 23 pathogens that aggressively attack and consume soul agents that occur naturally in an ecosystem. He said the only thing to do was to quarantine the place and prescribed a steady diet of Ohio Players, the Meters, and Cameo (it was the 80s) to restore the tainted environment’s soul equilibrium.

Googa, I know dabbling in 80s soul can be fun. That slaphappy Seinfeldian bass mixed with those Casio keyboards, pulling out those record sleeves, looking at all that hair before that what-the-fuck-were-they-thinking moment of realization overtakes us, but Michael McDonald is a different manner all together. He is dangerous.

Update on my cousin Debbie. She lives in a gated community in Scottsdale, Arizona and works as a dental hygienist. Her favorite restaurant is Panda Express and the last time I spoke with her (in 2008) she said she loved this new band and thought I’d really dig them. I asked her what they were called and she replied, “Matchbox 20.” Truth be told, I think we lost Debbie a long time ago. I tell you this, Googa, because I care.

sometimes, it occurs to me that i just luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv yew. *sniffle*

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 24 Jan 2013, 17:50

More fun than a Mark King bass solo

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Jan 2013, 17:52

ya mo b clive gash wrote:Nah, he's just an attention seeker, quite unlike the poster who is taking him to task for posting in a way he doesn't agree with, pointing out incorrect links he assumes the "afficianados" have missed and mithering about people mixing up the group Heart with the mainstays of the group Heart.

Self-awareness? What's that?

I'm not actually sure exactly what your problem is with me, but this is the latest in a long running series of sly digs at me, by your good self.

Care to elaborate?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"
"'Seize the moments as they fly, know to live and learn to die'."

Zeke

Postby Zeke » 24 Jan 2013, 18:01

I thought getting ones panties in a wad over some trivially contentious issue of song choice during the cup was pretty much de rigueur.

What next? Accusing someone of being intentionally obscure? Heaven forfend!

*places back of hand to forehead*

*swoons*

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 24 Jan 2013, 18:02

Marvellous.

I love you all.

By the way - I'm in a classroom with interactive whiteboards and (inadvertently) all of THIS suddenly came up on the big fuck-off board (I thought I'd blanked it) for the whole group to see. A few muttered questions in Czech, and me: 'get on with your work, please!'. Could have been worse, I suppose.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 24 Jan 2013, 18:14

Lord B wrote:By the way - I'm in a classroom with interactive whiteboards and (inadvertently) all of THIS suddenly came up on the big fuck-off board (I thought I'd blanked it) for the whole group to see. A few muttered questions in Czech, and me: 'get on with your work, please!'. Could have been worse, I suppose.

A while ago a colleague had his computer hooked up to the projector in front of his whole class of 13-year-olds, and accidentally clicked the Outlook tab at the bottom, to reveal an email I'd sent him simply saying "FUCK THIS".
GoogaMooga wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:Baron got into a fight with some Satan’s Slaves over some culinary issue

Awful thing when that happens. I had a similar experience at a Tom Jones concert.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 24 Jan 2013, 18:20

:lol:

C
Robust

Postby C » 24 Jan 2013, 19:14

GoogaMooga wrote: ask yourself what the cup is about.

A good question

Indeed, a good question

What is the answer?

fange wrote:OOOOF! Full of music!

Nice tubs. Good lad!