Round four

User avatar
the masked man
Schadenfreude
Posts: 26919
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 12:29
Location: Peterborough

Re: Round four

Postby the masked man » 12 Mar 2012, 18:42

I was unsure about this Lawrence of Euphoria character, until I saw Coan's post explaining that he was a friend who he'd persuaded to take part. He already was a legitimate board member because he'd made his first posts before this 'first five posts have to be authorised' rule came in, so I suppose he qualified by default.

I'll say this for him, though, he always gets his lists in on time, so I can't fault him there. Would be nice to see him hang around after the cup finishes, though...

The Modernist

Re: Round four

Postby The Modernist » 12 Mar 2012, 18:50

the masked man wrote:Four new ties up to kick off Round Four, so vote away. I am still awaiting four lists, so there won't be any ties tomorrow unless I get these. I'll chase the latecomers up tonight.


So did you draw from the four you received?

User avatar
the masked man
Schadenfreude
Posts: 26919
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 12:29
Location: Peterborough

Re: Round four

Postby the masked man » 12 Mar 2012, 18:57

TopCat G wrote:
the masked man wrote:Four new ties up to kick off Round Four, so vote away. I am still awaiting four lists, so there won't be any ties tomorrow unless I get these. I'll chase the latecomers up tonight.


So did you draw from the four you received?


No, I'd already drawn the round. I'd actually received 12 lists, as there are 16 contestants in round four (not eight - maths not your strong point, Moddie? ;) ). From that draw, it was clear that I could make four matches immediately, so those went up. I've since received the outstanding lists, so the remainder of the ties will appear tonight once I've had my tea.

The Modernist

Re: Round four

Postby The Modernist » 12 Mar 2012, 19:03

What are you having for tea?

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51200
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Round four

Postby Butch Manly » 12 Mar 2012, 19:11

Homemade lamb curry for us. How about your good self, Geraint?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
the masked man
Schadenfreude
Posts: 26919
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 12:29
Location: Peterborough

Re: Round four

Postby the masked man » 12 Mar 2012, 19:14

Chicken fried rice. I didn't feel like cooking or having anything too heavy.

The Modernist

Re: Round four

Postby The Modernist » 12 Mar 2012, 19:14

Clint Planet wrote:Homemade lamb curry for us. How about your good self, Geraint?


Nothing. I've got some weird bug that's left me weak, sick and with diarrhea.
I'm trying to stay awake for the Arsenal game and then it's off to bed.

:(

Bungo the Mungo

Re: Round four

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 12 Mar 2012, 19:36

the masked man wrote:I was unsure about this Lawrence of Euphoria character, until I saw Coan's post explaining that he was a friend who he'd persuaded to take part. He already was a legitimate board member because he'd made his first posts before this 'first five posts have to be authorised' rule came in, so I suppose he qualified by default.

I'll say this for him, though, he always gets his lists in on time, so I can't fault him there. Would be nice to see him hang around after the cup finishes, though...


I hope so too, but I'm not sure he will. Just don't think writing about music is his thing in general, altho' he's a really big fan of all kinds of stuff, and he's very opinionated and articulate.

Ho hum.