Your discoveries?

Bungo the Mungo

Re: Your discoveries?

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 18 Mar 2012, 21:41

So far (I've been clicking on all the links!), these:

Rodger Collins - She's Looking Good
Sebadoh - Beauty of the Ride (I might have to reassess this lot - I've always thought they were tuneless, grey indie noiseniks)
Brenton Woods - Oogum Boogum
Bo Diddley - Bad Trip
The Kinks - Sweet Lady Genevieve
Gun Club - Sex Beat

...altho' I have to say that none of them have exactly knocked me sideways, they're just good or very good songs.

The increasingly personalised nature of most people's lists means that you're less and less likely to get into anything new, I think. It's interesting to me that what people put forward as a selection of some of their very favourite songs leaves nearly everyone else cold. Fuck all that shit about music being a universal language!!

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 19 Mar 2012, 13:14

Sir John Coan wrote:
The increasingly personalised nature of most people's lists means that you're less and less likely to get into anything new, I think. It's interesting to me that what people put forward as a selection of some of their very favourite songs leaves nearly everyone else cold. Fuck all that shit about music being a universal language!!

But folk arent going to put up music that we mostly all uiniversally like as they will get the dreaded "classic " rock or "cannon" label thrust on them.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 19 Mar 2012, 13:31

Jeemo wrote:
Sir John Coan wrote:

But folk arent going to put up music that we mostly all uiniversally like as they will get the dreaded "classic " rock or "cannon" label thrust on them.

That's true. And that's the difficulty we all face when we're putting together lists for the Cup.

Lemon Yoghourt

Postby Lemon Yoghourt » 19 Mar 2012, 13:50

Sir John Coan wrote:
Jeemo wrote:
Sir John Coan wrote:

That's true. And that's the difficulty we all face when we're putting together lists for the Cup.

Add in the BCB moveable goal posts and it a difficult task, but good fun!