Bitter Recriminations 2012

T. Willy Rye
Spinner of crazy fuck-ass shit

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby T. Willy Rye » 28 Feb 2012, 01:12

^^ Thanks to Martha who helped me get around some problematic words which allowed me to post this. She went far above and beyond the call of duty :) .

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 28 Feb 2012, 01:16

so:

ch*ckenshit?

Nig*rian?

pen*le?

mission

Postby mission » 28 Feb 2012, 01:43

T. Willy has kicked arse. Righteously.

9/10. If they weren't so hideous and I owned one, my cap would be doffed.
Good.

fange

Postby fange » 28 Feb 2012, 01:53

T. Willy Rye wrote:My list doesn't floss.

:D

Nice work, T.

martha wrote:It's the combination of terms.

Nigerian, combined with: prince, drugs, penile enhancements...etc.

All of those words appear in my next set of 5 though... :x
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Beno

Postby Beno » 28 Feb 2012, 23:42

No bitter recriminations from me. Sometimes you have to realise that your tastes are not necessarily in line with the majority of BCB. In that situation you can either pick tracks just to win votes or, with an evangelical zeal, try and pick the best list you can with tracks you love and hope to convert people. I took the latter option and have no regrets as I was pretty pleased with the list I came up with.

Oh well, try again next year. And at least I made it to round 2 this year.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 29 Feb 2012, 20:12

i have more time now.

first, i would like to reiterate my thanks to those with enough brains and taste to vote for my list. they would be: martha, brassneck, yves, g, chuckinarut, whodathunkit, coan, hatz, tapiocahead, oliver, t. willy rye, googa, nickc, comrade, thesiger, davey, spec, lemon, n/e, samoan, zilth, zong, zeke, neige, beno, balboa, dgs, penk, buddha, nick danger and bad ambassador.

i appreciate the support. you are all now in my will. i hope you dig thrift-store kinda crap. ::smack::

about that list... a refresher:

A Lover's Concerto - The Toys
Absolute Beginners (BBC) - David Bowie
Girl - Beck
I Hear You Knockin' - Dave Edmunds
Bat Chain Puller - Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band
Everything at Once - Superchunk
They Don't Know - Tracy Ullman
Stray Cat Blues - The Rolling Stones
Park Avenue Beat (Perry Mason Theme) - Fred Steiner
Bird on a Wire - The Neville Brothers
The Seeker - The Who
Come to Mama - Ann Peebles
John Cope - Talk Talk
You Only Live Twice - Nancy Sinatra
Lounge Lizard - Mott the Hoople

i LOVE my list, bastards.

yeahyeah, my usual limitations apply. they're always gonna apply, which kinda makes my cup entry every year without purpose. i freely admit that i don't know things like der rosamundian beatsters and their song, "killin kevalier". or the epoxic shrews performing "scruffly foraging noises at midnight". or the awful falafel's cover of "onomatopeaia". or jerky randy doin "the randy jerk". i admit it. it's a given, my lack of obscurity depth/range.

even still, i wish to point out a few things.

**this *should* go without saying, but judging from earlier comments, it doesn't. i am a fanatical luvvvver of every song on my list. i would never include a song just for strategic purposes. an example: someone in round 1 questioned my choice of "bat chain puller" as being a real or sincere pick. to which i respond, that song is my all-time fave beefheart track. i adore its weird lil funkay gweetarry vibe. when it comes to being strategic, i've said it before: i shoot for a range, diff types, diff times, a smattering of kathish stuff from all over. there is not one inauthentically kathish choice on this list. anyone who thinks there is can kiss my c-scar.

**the other "strategy", again as i've said before, is to have a method to my madness, a reason for the sequencing. now, whether you care about that kinda thing or not... whether you can recognize what i'm doing or not... that method *is* there, assmongers. these tracks move from one to the next in a deliberately crafted way. i've gotten zero credit for it... um, which probably means no one can hear it. either that, or everyone is a fucquepickle.

**aside from the above, i did things that are *sposed* to be good in the cup:

(a) i took definite risks in adding tracks that i knew were likely to cause trouble, all for the sake of me-ness: tracy ullman's luvly cover. the nevilles and their cover of a leonard cohen (*gasp*) track. the perry mason theme. and, of course, the beefheart... which is ever one of those love or hate deals.

(b) even though the artists are well-known, in some cases, i went for tracks that aren't as well-known. for example, that live version of absolute beginners. i am CRAZY for that version. as a few voters said, it's a song that often isn't included when folk talk about the best of bowie. when it is included, it's the original version. "john cope" is one of those rarities that knocked me over when i first heard it. (i initially had "ascension day" in that slot, but i heard "cope" in a dream and changed it up.) "come to mama" is a peebles track i rarely see mentioned around here. i discovered the track in the first place via bob seger's "come to poppa"... when i heard ann, i threw away bob. "lounge lizard"... originally released as a solo track on ian hunter's debut album, i didn't hear or even know about the mott version til it was released a relative few years ago.

sure, i know how savvy and knowledgeable y'all are~~tracks that *i* think are off the beaten path are probably as familiar as wettin the bed every night to ye~~but at least i was trying to find a few more interesting tracks from my world, anyway (fucquepickles)...

(c) ... which means i also went for some tracks that have never, ever been used in BCB cup history. at least as far as the search function goes, that would be ten of my fifteen tracks. obviously, one could say that the reason those songs were never used is becuz they reekily, rampantly suck. to that person, i would say yer gramma reekily, rampantly sucks. drippy dicques, in fact.

(d) the tracks that *are* biggies, what i might call anchor tracks, are kickass. plain and simple. stray cat blues, girl, i hear you knockin, the seeker, you only live twice. i posit the possibility that if you do not dig these tracks, there is something seriously wrong with yer brain, and you should seek medical termination immediately.

of course, i realize that all of the above is just my opinion (as dead on target as it is.) i know that anti-voters could... and did... come out with meh-meh-meh comments. i understand that i am not taking into account the other list in the match (oh, dew go fucque off, A.) i know all this. honestly, at the core of it all, i am quite happy to've made it into the second round for a second time. i'm not really feeling bitter towards anyone. i love you all. i would never hold a grudge against a single person for silly cup votery.

p.s. dear minnie, belle, rank, mantochanga, sloop, polishgirl, nick, jeemo, lawrence of eu, mission, baron, magilla, fangedango, loki, heifer, goat boy, copehead, jock, jude, clint, snarfy, co ho, john mc, pb, slangking, CAG, LMG, rightgradprofile, jeff k, bluemeanie, funky nomad, fish, mcbastard, kaspar, DWD, brian and the masked andrewww~~i have composed a love perm, for each and every one of yew.

shall i compare thee to the lamest lay?
thou art more sucky and more impotent.
cunts tend to fake a knowing cup display,
when coming against me, they're pignorant.
some vote too deaf, with ear of cloth, they scream,
and often is their dull discretion dumb
so every fucque from fucque's own ass doth ream
by choice, by fickle, sodomizing bum;
but my perpetual yum shall not fade,
nor lose grooviness from that shite thou throw'st,
nor shall thy crap get thee any more laid,
when in the biblical, thou burn to know'st.
so long as brains can think, or eyes can see,
so long my list'll rule and breathe fucque thee.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 29 Feb 2012, 20:39

Brilliant. :lol:
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 29 Feb 2012, 21:14

kath wrote:shall i compare thee to the lamest lay?
thou art more sucky and more impotent.
cunts tend to fake a knowing cup display,
when coming against me, they're pignorant.
some vote too deaf, with ear of cloth, they scream,
and often is their dull discretion dumb
so every fucque from fucque's own ass doth ream
by choice, by fickle, sodomizing bum;
but my perpetual yum shall not fade,
nor lose grooviness from that shite thou throw'st,
nor shall thy crap get thee any more laid,
when in the biblical, thou burn to know'st.
so long as brains can think, or eyes can see,
so long my list'll rule and breathe fucque thee.

Best. Recrimination. Ever.

Let not this sonnet die. I seem to have totally missed this vote, tho thorry.
king of the divan

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 01 Mar 2012, 06:33

minnie, belle, rank, mantochanga, sloop, polishgirl, nick, jeemo, lawrence of eu, mission, baron, magilla, fangedango, loki, heifer, goat boy, copehead, jock, jude, clint, snarfy, co ho, john mc, pb, slangking, CAG, LMG, rightgradprofile, jeff k, bluemeanie, funky nomad, fish, mcbastard, kaspar, DWD, brian and the masked andrewww

Oh man, I coulda sworn I voted for you. I went back over my notes, and sho nuff, I've got it down as A beating you by ONE song. But looking at the 2 lists now, I don't see how that happened. I must've liked more of the songs on A that I wasn't familiar with....

I think you voted for me this year, but voted against me last year. This means I'll vote for you next year. ;)

Look up here, I'm in heaven

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

whodathunkit

Postby whodathunkit » 01 Mar 2012, 07:20

kath wrote: ......... or the awful falafel's cover of "onomatopeaia".

What does that sound like then?

Jesus, that was a lot of editing for a piss-poor joke!

Great stuff kath. Picking a track "strategically" still doesn't mean you don't love it. It's as good a way as any to make a choice.

frimley_greener

Postby frimley_greener » 01 Mar 2012, 07:32

kudos to the victor...i take on board the comments re "lack of links"..but let me define my modus operandi...i could have uhmmed and ahhed for eons, swapped,changed,but in the end i went for a maverick approach..i listed what i listened to on my 19 mile bike ride to work for the first ten songs by hitting "random" on my mp3 player...and they were the first ten songs that played. i did the same for the subsequent five...i may have been trounced,but it was a "live and direct" selection....it was fun to partake,and i did garner some votes(an old hippy writes).....

frimley_greener

You wanna be a big cop in a small town? Fuck off up the model village.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 01 Mar 2012, 14:23

whodathunkit wrote:Picking a track "strategically" still doesn't mean you don't love it. It's as good a way as any to make a choice.

you are right, of course. i was using the word 'strategy' rather recklessly and with lil thought aforethought. what i really meant by it were those who choose tracks for cup purposes when their hearts aren't really behind the tracks. since i was accused of it with one of my tracks, i felt the need to bitch about it. i don't mean to imply that being strategic automatically means being less genuine in goopy song love.

i think sometimes when voters can't connect to a song, they project. they assume the lister had motives other than love. those voters scratch their heads, asking "why? why this?" if they don't get it, they figure the lister must've had something wrong with hermself, something awry in the brainpan, something faulty in the character, as opposed to what is really happening... the lister loves a song that the voter doesn't. mwhaha.

the truth is, everybody in the cup uses some kinda strategy. if i put any choice at all into it, if i think of range and order, then i am being strategic. the only people who aren't using strategy are those who hit random on the ipod and list the tracks that pop up.

wait... maybe they're being strategic, too, in their anti-strategy. if you choose not to have a plan, you still have come up with a plan. (is she gonna quote rush lyrics? is she gonna? huh huh?) no. (if you choose not to deciiiide... you stilllll have made a choice....)

whodathunkit wrote:
kath wrote: ......... or the awful falafel's cover of "onomatopeaia".

What does that sound like then?

it sounds almost exactly like two chickens smooching, for 7:23 minutes.

NickC

Postby NickC » 01 Mar 2012, 20:34

Well, im out in the second. One up from last year so I should be pleased. Am I bothered?
Not really. Its a tad irksome to lose to a list that included Charles & Eddie, but on the whole there was more variety and more that appealed to the 'masses' in list A.

I never 'catered' for the Cup. I chose music I liked and never once thought 'what would ***** like'? It was all from my own collection, my own personal loves and all my own work.

However, a couple of lame, ridiculous, worthless and completely pointless remarks where made that just proved how much of a farce the cup can be when it comes to deciding what constitutes good music.

1st. Mantochanga
B is a bit too 'real music' for me.

What on earth does this mean? How can you come onto a music forum of this calibre and decide that a selection of tracks is 'too real'? wtf!
I suggest you are in the wrong place and should follow this link for something more appropriate and closer to your musical tastes...
music more suited for mantochanga

2nd Cast iron baron
Can't muster much excitement for either list, I'm afraid.

Really? So why bother to post a comment at all! Is it to make us believe that your musical knowledge and taste is far superior to ours, that by stating how dull and uninspiring our choices are that you are perpetually in musical Nirvana with your own tastes. Or are you just one of those people who have a permanent 'ive just licked lemon juice off a nettle leaf' sour faces? I suggest you follow this link...
barons not bothered

Anyway, you wait until next year!

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 03 Mar 2012, 08:08

NickC wrote:

2nd Cast iron baron
Can't muster much excitement for either list, I'm afraid.

Really? So why bother to post a comment at all!

QED dear Nick.....QED!
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 04 Mar 2012, 21:50

It seems perfectly acceptable to me to post that neither thread particularly excites you. I'd say they deserve credit for not keeping quiet about it, in fact.

Are you both American or something?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Chuck [Bot]

Postby Chuck [Bot] » 05 Mar 2012, 11:26

I don't know what your list is Martha or if I've voted for or against it, but I have a feeling if you do this;

martha wrote:I swear to God if I play again next year I'm doing a fuck off list of nothing but my favorite songs.

I will be your list's fan from start to finish. :D Just a feeling.

Bad luck, by the way :(
Blah

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 05 Mar 2012, 19:35

martha wrote: I don't listen to the stuff you guys do, so I have no chance.

I hear ya.

But hey - you made it to Round 3! I would be proud of that, despite your strategy this year. I couldn't get past Round Two, and that was with a bye in Round One! I say well done, Martha. 8-)

Look up here, I'm in heaven

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 09 Mar 2012, 07:51

Fucking pricks. Rivers of blood will flow and there will be much hanging of heads in shame.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Insouciant Western People

Postby Insouciant Western People » 09 Mar 2012, 13:53

Clint Planet wrote:Fucking pricks. Rivers of blood will flow and there will be much hanging of heads in shame.

I like that you were chinned by a list containing a Mogwai tune :D
Jeff K wrote:Nick's still the man! No one has been as consistent as he has been over such a long period of time.

Chuck [Bot]

Postby Chuck [Bot] » 09 Mar 2012, 20:01

Now it comes to it, I must say I don't feel all that bitter after all. In fact I'm pretty proud of getting into the third round on my first attempt. I expect it will, in future years, turn out to be my best ever finish, as I probably don't listen to much music that you all didn't get bored with by your twelfth birthdays and certainly nothing that's really obscure enough to satiate the BCB snobs. One thing that needs saying is that my list was composed of tracks which I have personally been listening to for years and which are all special to me in their own little ways. Oh, I chose tracks to cast before BCB which I thought BCB might appreciate, of course, but they are all mine.

Having said that, I'd like to thank these people for having the good sense and taste to back my little entourage of hits through to the bitter end. You are beautiful and I love you all, thangyou ver'much;

toomanyhatz
pb
bobzilla77
martha
Copehead
WG Kaspar
Belle Lettre
Samoan
Dances With Difficulty
Jude
Cosmic American Girl
Zong of the Zouth
Zeke
Masked Man.

Just one more thing,

Free Falling is
a fucking
awesome track.

If only Tom had sung it in French I'd probably still be a contender. Instead of a bum. Which is what I am.
Blah