Bitter Recriminations 2012

purgatory brite

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby purgatory brite » 22 Feb 2012, 21:06

I am somewhat pissed off with penk, for badmouthing my list before anyone had the chance to vote on it.

User avatar
#9
Posts: 327
Joined: 20 Aug 2011, 14:57

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby #9 » 23 Feb 2012, 02:11

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace - Terry Reid link
God Knows It’s True - Teenage Fanclub link
Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People link
No More Mr. Nice Guys - Sparks link
That’s All You Need - The Faces link
Sex Beat - The Gun Club link
Blue Yodel Number 9 - Jimmie Rodgers (featuring Louis Armstrong and Lil Armstrong) link
What Goes On - The Velvet Underground link
Time Tough - Toots and the Maytals link
Oh Woman, Oh Why - Paul McCartney link
Another Man Done Gone - Vera Hall link
Liberation Conversation - Marlena Shaw link
Sentimental Lady - Fleetwood Mac link
Shayla - Blondie link
Downbound Train - Chuck Berry link

You bunch of mopes. You voted against a wonderful list that was getting ready to hit its stride. I understand why though, you were afraid. You were chicken, you worried that your list was not worthy of the competition. I know this to be fact in some cases. The actual owner of the list that went up against me did not even vote for his list - as will be proven either when he wins the cup or when he goes down. Those of you that voted for my list and still have a list in are worthy opponents - I respect you. Those of you who have a list in and voted against mine, well, you are simply cowards. You will die cowards' deaths in this competition. NYAHHHHHHHHH!!!! NYAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!


(is this how to recriminate bitterly?)

User avatar
PENK
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 34584
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby PENK » 23 Feb 2012, 16:17

pb wrote:I am somewhat pissed off with penk, for badmouthing my list before anyone had the chance to vote on it.


Yes, because a) I was the only one who expressed a negative opinion of it, b) my comment was the only reason anyone voted against it and c) everyone enters this competition happy in the knowledge that no one is going to dislike their list and it is just a way for us all practice our compliments.

:P
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 16978
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby pcqgod » 23 Feb 2012, 23:02

Jeff K wrote:A & B

That was a difficult one. Sort of like deciding whose shit smelled better than the others.



:lol:
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12307
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Geezee » 24 Feb 2012, 08:39

Fuck all of you "Real Love" haters! :twisted:
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Spec
Posts: 10387
Joined: 20 Aug 2003, 11:58
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Spec » 24 Feb 2012, 09:52

What do you mean you don't like jazz!!???

User avatar
Zong
A Chump Among Men
Posts: 4625
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 09:03
Location: In a right cockney barrel of monkeys.

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Zong » 24 Feb 2012, 11:48

penk wrote:
pb wrote:I am somewhat pissed off with penk, for badmouthing my list before anyone had the chance to vote on it.


Yes, because a) I was the only one who expressed a negative opinion of it, b) my comment was the only reason anyone voted against it and c) everyone enters this competition happy in the knowledge that no one is going to dislike their list and it is just a way for us all practice our compliments.

:P



Your put downs make me wish I was smart enough to identify your list and comment accordingly, but i'd probably like it.
I'm sure many of us now have our only goal as being to knock you out. :twisted: Bring it on random generator!!!
Anyone could join in so I discarded my jeans

User avatar
kalowski II: The Revenge
wannabee enfant terrible
Posts: 16777
Joined: 29 Sep 2007, 00:32
Location: forever in Peter’s thoughts

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby kalowski II: The Revenge » 24 Feb 2012, 12:08

*cracks knuckles*
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Kal ‘Roger Cock’ Hodgson wrote:I have just discovered that the fake Markus account was not John...I would like to apologise for suggesting it was him.


User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32252
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Goat Boy » 24 Feb 2012, 12:14

Zong of the Zouth wrote:
penk wrote:
pb wrote:I am somewhat pissed off with penk, for badmouthing my list before anyone had the chance to vote on it.


Yes, because a) I was the only one who expressed a negative opinion of it, b) my comment was the only reason anyone voted against it and c) everyone enters this competition happy in the knowledge that no one is going to dislike their list and it is just a way for us all practice our compliments.

:P



Your put downs make me wish I was smart enough to identify your list and comment accordingly, but i'd probably like it.
I'm sure many of us now have our only goal as being to knock you out. :twisted: Bring it on random generator!!!


A fiver and I'll tell you.

It's obvious.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

User avatar
funky_nomad
paranoid
Posts: 11626
Joined: 14 Aug 2003, 11:31
Location: Doomsville

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby funky_nomad » 24 Feb 2012, 12:23

Geezee wrote:Fuck all of you "Real Love" haters! :twisted:

I hate it most of all, given your shitty list knocked mine out in Round 1. :P
Just a penitent man

User avatar
fange
Posts: 12525
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby fange » 24 Feb 2012, 12:26

Bloody hell, the bitter recriminations this year aren't a patch on what they used to be!

What the hell is wrong with you people?! You've been roasted by Penk, belittled by Goat Boy, and barely given a sideways glance by most of the rest of us know-it-alls, as we've dismissed some of your longest and dearest musical loves with a contemptuous couple of keyboard strokes.

Where's your acrimony?! Where's your vitriol?! Where's your righteous indignation?! Where's my thesaurus?!

Snap out of it!






;)

(ps - sorry if i voted you out.)
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Zong
A Chump Among Men
Posts: 4625
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 09:03
Location: In a right cockney barrel of monkeys.

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Zong » 24 Feb 2012, 12:31

Goat Boy wrote:
A fiver and I'll tell you.

It's obvious.


Although I came in on the BCB equivalent to the Mayflower (Which the doyens forced me to row by myself while they boasted about the real good old days I spent much of Penks time hardly posting or reading Yakety Yak and this is the first year I remembered to enter the cup- thus I am not down with all the musical tastes and genuinely could probably only guess the compiler of one list due to facebook clues. Conversely mine is easy to identify based on my own FB output but not so much from here.


And yeah, what's up with this.....my bitter recriminations going to be novel length and i'll be coining seven new swear words and expressions for "cloth eared twats".
Anyone could join in so I discarded my jeans

User avatar
Geezee
Posts: 12307
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 10:14
Location: Where joy divides into vision

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Geezee » 24 Feb 2012, 15:24

funky_nomad wrote:
Geezee wrote:Fuck all of you "Real Love" haters! :twisted:

I hate it most of all, given your shitty list knocked mine out in Round 1. :P


ha ha - indeed, you must be feeling REALLY shit about yourself. :D i know next to nothing about the BCB cup (Raspberry Beret an obvious choice from previous years? who knew!) but even i knew before submitting that this one wouldn't go down well - but it was one of our wedding songs from last year so it felt right to include it.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

User avatar
Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez
Posts: 37220
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 20:02
Location: The Good, the Bad, both ugly
Contact:

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 24 Feb 2012, 23:08

I'm beaten and we're only waiting for the verdict to become official. One of these years I need to sit down and really think about a list instead of plucking songs out of tin air.

See y'all next year and good luck to the survivors!
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod


Image

The Modernist

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby The Modernist » 24 Feb 2012, 23:10

Keep your chin up Yves, there's still a day to go!

User avatar
Davey the Fat Boy
Posts: 23664
Joined: 05 Jan 2006, 02:55
Location: Applebees

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 25 Feb 2012, 19:12

Rectal lesions on all of you.
The opinions of this poster are subjective. That’s how opinions work.

Image

User avatar
Chuck [Bot]
Posts: 1797
Joined: 05 Feb 2010, 20:28
Location: a nation of Eeyores

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Chuck [Bot] » 27 Feb 2012, 18:35

Fuck me! Some of the stated objections to my unbelievably solid, not to say robust list are just a joke. If I'm kicked out this round look here for a resentful and personal tirade. Tone deaf fuckers. :evil:

..whilst those who have been rightly complimentary about it (and thank you very much you all) shall receive heaping praise.
Blah

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 23001
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: In a beautiful place out in the country

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Deebank » 27 Feb 2012, 22:47

Chuck_in_a_rut wrote:Fuck me! Some of the stated objections to my unbelievably solid, not to say robust list are just a joke. If I'm kicked out this round look here for a resentful and personal tirade. Tone deaf fuckers. :evil:

..whilst those who have been rightly complimentary about it (and thank you very much you all) shall receive heaping praise.


I said it was the toughest yet...

That isn't saying much however.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
Chuck [Bot]
Posts: 1797
Joined: 05 Feb 2010, 20:28
Location: a nation of Eeyores

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Chuck [Bot] » 27 Feb 2012, 22:59

Deebank wrote:
Chuck_in_a_rut wrote:Fuck me! Some of the stated objections to my unbelievably solid, not to say robust list are just a joke. If I'm kicked out this round look here for a resentful and personal tirade. Tone deaf fuckers. :evil:

..whilst those who have been rightly complimentary about it (and thank you very much you all) shall receive heaping praise.


I said it was the toughest yet...

That isn't saying much however.


I have the thumbscrews ready for you, Deebank.
Blah

User avatar
T. Willy Rye
Spinner of crazy fuck-ass shit
Posts: 3579
Joined: 30 Jan 2010, 21:41
Location: Fogertyland

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby T. Willy Rye » 28 Feb 2012, 01:11

Thanks to all who voted for my list. You've proven yourselves to be men of taste and rare vision.

I have something to get off my chest here though. First off to you Mr. Gash:

clive gash wrote:A is more politely consistent but fuck that, B has a little more colour amidst it's bad taste.


You take that shit back. There is nothing polite about my list. My list has impersonated a Nigerian prince on the internet on a Thursday and then told you that you needed penile enhancements on Friday. If you invited my list over for dinner, my list would try to sell drugs to your teenage son and then whisper something inappropriate in your daughter's ear. And when my list hit on your wife (my list always hits on men's wives) you worry about how your wife will respond. My list doesn't floss. My list is the kind of list that will ask you for money and then skip town the net week without paying. My list has mob ties. Nobody knows whether the rumors about my list killing a man with his bare hands are true (they are.)

You were right to fear my list.

You tried not to piss it off but you also knew you couldn't let it continue to spread its corruption. I could tell all this by your chickenshit comments:

Clint Planet wrote:Very close - both have much to recommend them - but B prevails, just.

-|_b_\--


What you were really saying was:

List A frightens me. B because I'm a big pussy.

I'm going to visit the desperation of a man being cuckolded in "Am I a Good Man," and then on to the histrionic devotion that lies at the heart of "I Idolize You" all on my way to the final destination: "Tuset Street" where I don't know what the fuck is going on, but I do know there will be horns and a funky organ.

Have fun with your cute little Bass O matic and your fucking Lambchop!