Bitter Recriminations 2012

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2012

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 11 Feb 2012, 09:03

It's starting to look like I'm going to have to provide 5 more songs.
Didn't count on it.
Now I'm fucked.

:?
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Feb 2012, 09:11

Lambchop are not all that exciting generally, but 'Up With People' is a great track.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 11 Feb 2012, 09:21

TopCat G wrote:Lambchop are not all that exciting generally, but 'Up With People' is a great track.

That's quite the bitter recrimination....
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Feb 2012, 09:44

never/ever wrote:
TopCat G wrote:Lambchop are not all that exciting generally, but 'Up With People' is a great track.

That's quite the bitter recrimination....

It wasn't my list! :)

Chuck [Bot]

Postby Chuck [Bot] » 11 Feb 2012, 10:52

Walk In My Shadow wrote:It's starting to look like I'm going to have to provide 5 more songs.
Didn't count on it.
Now I'm fucked.

Not so, pessimist! New vistas of opportunity shall open up to you. And if you happen to get a by, bye or buy into the next round, why, Ye shall receive some free feedback on thy efforts. A real boon!
Blah

mission

Postby mission » 11 Feb 2012, 23:10

toomanyhatz wrote:
mission wrote:
by toomanyhatz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:50 am

Well, C has ... the Red Button, with a friend of mine and Quaco's singing!) so that's a no-brainer

Oh, friends, eh? Name-dropping cunt.

I'm down for the recriminations- fair is fair, and being called a cunt around these parts is often a compliment- but selective editing is dirty pool. I suggest anyone that thinks this is how it actually went down go back to the original thread. The real secret to losing my vote (and of course it's a game of inches) was allowing mediocrities like Talking Heads and Lambchop to sully your list. That's what you gotta live with. If the guy I know had given me a wedgie in kindergarten (and come to think of it he might've) that list still would've gotten my vote.

It's not often a bitter recrimination provokes a bitter recrimination.

You know The Fish isn't really a fish, like I said he was?
Good.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 Feb 2012, 23:25

mission wrote:It's not often a bitter recrimination provokes a bitter recrimination.

More's the pity. Shall we start a thread?
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 13 Feb 2012, 11:22

Good morning cunts! :x

My list ....

Joan Jett - Bad Reputation
The Horrors - Who Can Say
Tavares - Don't Take Away The Music
Penetration - Shout Above The Noise
Johnny Cash - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Rancid - Time Bomb
The Bellrays - Voodoo Train
The Beat - Whine & Grine / Stand Down Margaret
The Osmonds - Crazy Horses
Buzzcocks - Autonomy

Let's hear what some sane, non-deaf people said about that list ...

The Red Heifer wrote:
The Red Heifer wrote:A is a wonderful list, nearly as perfect as list B in match 8, and I hope you go far. But you probably won't, because these cunts are deaf.

And I was right. Hang your heads in shame. You were robbed Fartypants.

martha wrote:
martha wrote: List A has energy and bounces around like a rude boy hepped up on goofballs. I like it despite it's flaws.

I stand by that statement now more than ever. Fartpants you are more than welcome to DJ at my house parties anytime.

You people that voted against him wouldn't know what to do with a good time if it fell from the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle. That was a fun list. Genuinely fun, with energy and bounce and joie de vivre. Y'all are too uptight and elitist these days to know a great thing when you see it.

LMG wrote:Agreed.

Only in a po-faced Land could List A be accused of 'shocking missteps', as happened above.

The Cup we get we deserve. Drink BCBdeep.

Chuck_in_a_rut wrote:Bollocks JF that's tough. :( Your list is just brilliant! I shake my head in sadness & disbelief at the folly of the many-headed.

GoogaMooga wrote:Shame to see Fartpants go, that was a really good Tavares pick. We need more lists like that in the cup!

sloopjohnc wrote:A was inspired: Joan Jett and the Osmonds. Made me overlook the Horrors wedged in there, which is sayin' something.

Yet you miserable, joyless, deaf, fuckwits still voted it out. Apparently songs like Bad Reputation and Time Bomb that rock like bastards and put a smile on your face are "shocking misssteps". Oh fuck off you sad cock-ends. That list is just full of life and fun and balls out rock n roll, and I don't apologise for that. And the only ballad I did include was sung by a man who knew what life and death and emotion was all about and it just drips out of him in that song. Rather a sad song by a true legend who knew what pain and sadness was all about than some pimply twenty-something who picked up Daddy's guitar when he was like 16 really and one day Mummy wouldn't lend me the BMW to go to the shops, so I wrote a song about how life really sucks yeah? Cunts.

I've been looking down the lists in the other matches and, with a few notable exceptions, it's like reading a fucking telephone directory. The aural equivalent of magnolia fucking paint. It's there, but nobody notices. It's all just a massive mediocrity fest and you're all fucking welcome to it. I can't wait to see the usual two identical non-descript piles of shite in the final.

So I leave you to your miserable joyless existence and will always be grateful that when I was 8 or 9 years old and just starting to get a real ear for music, the man who grabbed me by the ears was a certain Neville John Holder, rather than Leonard fucking Cohen or Nick bastard Drake. Noddy, you're a fucking God mate, thank you for the music. I might not have the broad musical taste of the many on here, but I know what I like and what I like shits all over what the rest of you like!!

Same time next year then?? :lol:
Last edited by Johnny Fartpants on 13 Feb 2012, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 13 Feb 2012, 11:46

Johnny Fartpants wrote: Moddy, you're a fucking God mate, thank you for the music.

No worries.

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 13 Feb 2012, 12:37

TopCat G wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote: Moddy, you're a fucking God mate, thank you for the music.

No worries.

:x

;)

C
Robust

Postby C » 13 Feb 2012, 12:49

Walk In My Shadow wrote:It's starting to look like I'm going to have to provide 5 more songs.
Didn't count on it.
Now I'm fucked.

Same here!!

neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

Chuck [Bot]

Postby Chuck [Bot] » 13 Feb 2012, 12:59

Johnny Fartpants wrote:*double post*

Should have left it, mate. It was worth saying twice. I thought only I was finding these lists unduly tedious.
:lol:
Blah

savoirefaire
Location: formerly pore of sin...ga!, way of nor and currently pan of Ja!

Postby savoirefaire » 13 Feb 2012, 15:46

Maybe I am not used to complaining ;) but jesus, you guys were HARSH! Come on my Indecent Obsession track was meant to be funny!!! And so much hatred for Eddie Vedder, do you NOT have heart? Not only that, what is wrong with 10cc even if YOU have played it to death. COLD COLD HEARTS ALL AROUND!

It's clear that people overlooked my newer tracks, the Anna Ternheim was appreciated only by never/ever, who has a courtesy to wish me well despite not voting for me. But SHAME on the rest of you. All because Sixto Rodriguez is SUCH a canon of the boards. Are you kidding me? And I had to be put up against 2 of the millions of lists with Rocks Off. SO MUCH FOR ORIGINALITY!

It's funny my more modern, frivolous, electro-centric list last year. There seems to be a formula, but I am not bothered to crack it. I am not a popularist. I listen to what I like. That's pretty much it.
Kid P wrote:*Deleted*
Should have quoted SF

Sneelock wrote:I'm never bored. I'm boring. I think of it as a lifestyle choice!

[img]//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Fundraising_2009-horizontal-thanks-en.png[/img]

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 13 Feb 2012, 16:59

To be fair, I voted against Rodriguez because he's rubbish, not because he's canon.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 16 Feb 2012, 20:12

I thank these people, I'll keep you in my heart:

GoogaMooga wrote:B only.

mission wrote:B only.

trans-chigley express wrote:B

But Bobzilla, Purgatory Brite, Coan, Belle Lettre, Magilla, McBastard, dgs, Jeff K, Chuck_in_a_rut, John Mc, Ray K., Rank Bajin, Count Machuki, Jeemo, Brassneck, Jude, Willy Rye, Sloop, Chuck Steak, Lemon Yoghourt, Mantochanga, Jock, Zeke, Tapiocahead, Slangking, #9, Loki, Lawrence of Euphoria, Moleskin, Brian, Buddha and CAG - in fact, everyone who said A & C without even the slightest comment - can all fuck off! :twisted:

Penk too
penk wrote:The prospect of having to listen to stuff like Little Feat and ELO kind of frightens me.

(granted, picking atypical songs from their respective debuts probably wasn't a very bright move. Neither was stripped-down cajun in French and jazzy Italian pop from the fifties resurrected by an known American loony, I suppose :? )

But am I bitter? Considering how little time I took to put my list together, I think I have no right to be. 8-)
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 16 Feb 2012, 20:19

I shall tell you a secret, Felix.

When I saw Don Dixon as your number 10, I knew it was you.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Ray K.

Postby Ray K. » 21 Feb 2012, 21:37

Not bitter yet.... at least I didn't go down to another Zeppelin dirge. Just wanted you all to see what you'd be missing in Round 3....

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 21 Feb 2012, 22:21

Whew, we dodged a bullet there, eh? :)

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

dgs

Postby dgs » 22 Feb 2012, 15:35

broadly speaking, 68% of you are cloth eared twonks.

I'm back off to the mix club, thats where the real opinions count.

:ugeek:
I'm a panic depressive and suffer from manic attacks. :(

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 22 Feb 2012, 19:37

dgs wrote:broadly speaking, 68% of you are cloth eared twonks.

I'm back off to the mix club, thats where the real opinions count.

:ugeek:

Yeah, nothing's more real than a bhoywonder-putdown.... :lol:
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.