Quarters, Semis, Final...

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Quarters, Semis, Final...

Postby Butch Manly » 05 Mar 2010, 16:54

The QFs will begin on Sunday night. Seeing as there's no way we can get all three rounds into one week I'll stagger the QFs then start the Semis on Wednesday if all lists are in on time.

The Final will begin next Sunday, all being well.

I won't be around to announce the loser of R4, M8 this evening - I'm off to see The Antlers in Brighton with Dan Marquis. Apologies for that.

Griff
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

purgatory brite

Re: Quarters, Semis, Final...

Postby purgatory brite » 05 Mar 2010, 17:51

Who is still left in the competition?

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 05 Mar 2010, 18:58

Purgatory Brite wrote:Who is still left in the competition?

According to my erm ... calculations :? , it's:

Mike Boom
Brian
Jeemo
Rorschach
Matty Red Sox
John_K
The Right Graduate Profile
Magilla
Thesiger

But two of them are still competing in Round 4 Match 8, so one will go out tonight.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 05 Mar 2010, 22:21

Johnny Fartpants wrote:

According to my erm ... calculations :? , it's:

Mike Boom
Brian
Jeemo
Rorschach
Matty Red Sox
John_K
The Right Graduate Profile
Magilla
Thesiger

But two of them are still competing in Round 4 Match 8, so one will go out tonight.

I suspect it was TRGP.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 08 Mar 2010, 21:28

Hmm, work if a fucker this week. I was late home tonight and I'll be very late home again on Wednesday which creates something of a logistical problem in getting the Semis underway for a Friday night finish.

If the four remaining competitors are extremely prompt with their Next Fives it will be do-able, otherwise the Semis will have to be postponed to next week. My apologies - in retrospect, I should have posted all four Quarter Finals last night.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 10 Mar 2010, 21:39

First of all, my apologies for not being around last night. As I said, work is quite horrific this week - parents evenings, other meetings, lots of prep work etc.

As it is, we have four semi-finalists but only two next fives in so I'm holding over the Semis to Sunday and then posting the Final on Wednesday.

Many thanks to everyone who's counted up votes and to all those still voting!

Griff
Goatboy to Belle:

RcL

Postby RcL » 11 Mar 2010, 01:55

Mike Boom
Rorschach
John_K
Thesiger

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 11 Mar 2010, 15:16

Clint Planet wrote:
As it is, we have four semi-finalists but only two next fives in so I'm holding over the Semis to Sunday and then posting the Final on Wednesday.

Griff

I think you should declare a walkover in favour of the competitors who made the effort to get their next fives in on time. I think you made it quite clear that you needed the lists in promptly and if the lazy cunts can't be arsed to do that then it jolly well serves them right. The fucking bastards.

I bet their lists are shit anyway.

neverknows wrote:
Clint Planet wrote:Many thanks to (…) all those still voting!

The quarter finals dragged .....

I thought they were quite exciting!
Bugger off.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Mar 2010, 17:53

Rorschach wrote:
Clint Planet wrote:

Griff

I think you should declare a walkover in favour of the competitors who made the effort to get their next fives in on time. I think you made it quite clear that you needed the lists in promptly and if the lazy cunts can't be arsed to do that then it jolly well serves them right. The fucking bastards.

Be careful what you wish for. If that happened you'd probably end up in the final with Mike Boom and have your arse well and truly kicked! :)

purgatory brite

Postby purgatory brite » 12 Mar 2010, 08:10

It is looking unlikely that we will be seeing the legend Mike Boom and bust on these pages ;)

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 12 Mar 2010, 11:38

El Modernisto wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Clint Planet wrote:

Griff

Be careful what you wish for. If that happened you'd probably end up in the final with Mike Boom and have your arse well and truly kicked! :)

I was sort of hoping he was one of the people who hadn't got his next five in yet. It seemed like my only hope.
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 12 Mar 2010, 18:30

martha wrote:.... I figure it MUST be his because it's the only list remaining that I remotely like or feel I want to take this thing......

:cry:
Bugger off.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Mar 2010, 18:56

martha wrote:I am absolutely not voting for Mike. Three years in a row is one too many. :D I have determined his triangulated, coldly calculated list and I'm not falling for it this year! I figure it MUST be his because it's the only list remaining that I remotely like or feel I want to take this thing. So I'm voting against it this time. Screw you Boom, I'm not your puppet!

I feel the opposite. It's Mike Boom's world and we're all just live in it.

He's gotta win it fair and square, but he's a fucking machine.

You can't change destiny (I think Oedipus said that). You can only monkey around with it a little.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 13 Mar 2010, 17:55

I'm on vacation next week, so somebody cast my vote for the good lists, ok?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

B

Postby B » 13 Mar 2010, 18:05

Count Machuki wrote:I'm on vacation next week, so somebody cast my vote for the good lists, ok?

What good lists?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 13 Mar 2010, 18:58

That's good bitter!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 13 Mar 2010, 19:42

Brian wrote:
Count Machuki wrote:I'm on vacation next week, so somebody cast my vote for the good lists, ok?

What good lists?

You know, the ones that are still in it.

Like mine.

As opposed to the crap ones who've been knocked out.

Like ......

Actually, I did rather like yours.
Bugger off.