Popol Vuh - Departure
David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
Groundhogs - Cherry Red
Gang of Four - Damaged Goods
The Go-Betweens - Finding You
Soft Cell - Say Hello Wave Goodbye
Roxy Music - In Every Dream Home a Heartache
Phil Ochs - Pleasures of the Harbour

I make it something similar. B wins, A was Martha, dontcha know!
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.

The Modernist

Re: LA COPA: R4, M5 - Martha's binyard!

Postby The Modernist » 03 Mar 2010, 21:07

I'm looking forward to the recrimination. I'd like it in 3 parts with extras at the end and a redux version in about six months time.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 Mar 2010, 21:28

martha wrote:Anyway, as I said before I am a one-trick pony and I won't play again in future as there is no point whatsoever unless I want to be sarcastic and come up with a list of boring old fart music for fat balding white guys who think they are hip. And I don't. You dinos can keep your cup. It smells like ass anyway.

But you advanced further than I did!
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 03 Mar 2010, 21:35

I have been a supporter of your list. It would have been cool to see it go on. Don't be so negative, the cup takes practice AND luck, esp with the huge field that YOU brought in. Martha, you single-handedly (well actually with a lot of help from Griff) revamped and reinvigorated the the cup - for that all of us owe you a great thanks. Please don't be too disheartened, you made it to the GREAT 8. I hope that you will continue to be involved with the cup this year - you've voted for me frequently :lol: - and please post your Facebook Recriminations here on BCB... just cut & paste, share it with all! We love you, "anti-moderator"!!!
the Eagles suck.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 03 Mar 2010, 21:37

Matty Red Sox wrote:I have been a supporter of your list. It would have been cool to see it go on. Don't be so negative, the cup takes practice AND luck, esp with the huge field that YOU brought in. Martha, you single-handedly (well actually with a lot of help from Griff) revamped and reinvigorated the the cup - for that all of us owe you a great thanks. Please don't be too disheartened, you made it to the GREAT 8. I hope that you will continue to be involved with the cup this year - you've voted for me frequently :lol: - and please post your Facebook Recriminations here on BCB... just cut & paste, share it with all! We love you, "anti-moderator"!!!

Good points, well made. (for real)
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Covers Cup Champion 2017

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Mar 2010, 21:39

martha wrote:
El Modernisto wrote:Make this 26-46

Well your sums are off but the result is the same anyway.

You counted your votes?

:o
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist

Postby Matty Red Sox » 03 Mar 2010, 21:41

Count Machuki wrote:
Matty Red Sox wrote:I have been a supporter of your list. It would have been cool to see it go on. Don't be so negative, the cup takes practice AND luck, esp with the huge field that YOU brought in. Martha, you single-handedly (well actually with a lot of help from Griff) revamped and reinvigorated the the cup - for that all of us owe you a great thanks. Please don't be too disheartened, you made it to the GREAT 8. I hope that you will continue to be involved with the cup this year - you've voted for me frequently :lol: - and please post your Facebook Recriminations here on BCB... just cut & paste, share it with all! We love you, "anti-moderator"!!!

Good points, well made. (for real)

You can't say that, remember, I am supposed to be a BCB villain - or meth-head or sumthin'.
the Eagles suck.

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 03 Mar 2010, 21:41

martha wrote:I won't play again in future as there is no point whatsoever to doing so unless I want to be sarcastic and come up with a list of boring old fart music for fat balding white guys who think they are hip. And I don't.

Oh Martha! Tell me you are taking the piss here.

I'm not going to suck up to you. Your list did well. And - AND - it's just a made-up cup on a silly forum. You've really let this annoy you far too much.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 03 Mar 2010, 21:50

Minnie the Minx wrote:
martha wrote:

Well your sums are off but the result is the same anyway.

You counted your votes?

:o

i counted my votes every single time someone voted. i wasn't sposed to do that? i can't help it. i was paranoid.

by the way, martha, i voted for ya. however, goin by my previous picking patterns, one should ask not for whom my vote tolls...

Beebsy

Postby Beebsy » 03 Mar 2010, 22:08

But sure Martha, who's going to remember other people's lists from previous years? I hardly remember my own. And do you think people would deliberately vote against you for any reason?

Some people loved your list, some people didn't. So what? You'll never meet 99% of us. This place is special exactly because everyone is accepted. If we fight about something, in the grand scheme, it means nothing

I don't mean to go on, but honestly, you are over-thinking this and getting yourself all annoyed for no reason. Your anger yesterday was quite palpable and I don't like to think of anyone getting that upset about this or anything else on BCB.

Piggly Wiggly

Postby Piggly Wiggly » 03 Mar 2010, 22:09

martha wrote:Anyway, as I said before I am a one-trick pony and I won't play again in future as there is no point whatsoever to doing so unless I want to be sarcastic and come up with a list of boring old fart music for fat balding white guys who think they are hip. And I don't. You dinos can keep your cup. It smells like ass anyway.

It was you who convinced me and a number of others to participate this year.

Not that I don't enjoy the invective.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 Mar 2010, 22:10

I wasn't making myself clear before.

Keep in mind, martha, that out of a field of 128 players you were eliminated in the round that had, what, 16 left? (I can't do the math.)

I'm not seeing what's supposed to be so bad about that.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Mar 2010, 22:32

martha wrote:

Well your sums are off but the result is the same anyway. Congrats to the victor.

No recrimination post. I did mine already, so I'm sorry if folks missed it. It was up yesterday on Facebook and I spent an hour and a half on it so I'm not doing it again -- fuck it. Anyway other than not understanding what Goldie has against the Rave Ups, who were an excellent band and wonderful live, I got nothing much to say. You guys vote how you vote, you like what you like.

Why do you care what Goldwax thinks about the fucking Rave Ups?

Hey, I got irritated when people pimped for the other list while votes were going on, but it's not like it was the end of the world. I might play again next year, but I might not. No big whup. It was a fun little diversion while it lasted.

It's a stupid little contest on a stupid little music forum.

If anybody's rant is even half serious in Bitter Recriminations, I feel sorry for them.

That writ, I don't see anyone can vote against Tina Turner's voice. Their loss though. It's not like I put the loser Rave Ups on my list.

;)
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Mar 2010, 22:54

martha wrote:
I swear to you, every single time I've ever said anything and meant it humorously on here it's been misconstrued or misunderstood as anger. I have had so many "non" fights with people as a result. When I joke it's always read as anger.

I honestly don't believe that to be true, Martha. Truly. But if you really do believe that, who does the issue lie with? There isn't a legion of people who set out everyday to misinterpret you on purpose, so maybe you either do appear very angry a lot of the time, or you feel people misinterpret you, when they don't?
The common denominator isn't the members of BCB.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Piggly Wiggly

Postby Piggly Wiggly » 03 Mar 2010, 23:04

goldwax wrote:
martha wrote:The cup does not smell of ass.

That's a pretty big assumption, Martha? Let's see ... who had it last?

Even if she meant "donkey", you make a good point.

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist

Postby Matty Red Sox » 03 Mar 2010, 23:07

martha wrote:I think it's a cultural thing between the UK and the US. I don't encounter it anywhere near as often and it's not really an issue for me on American based boards, so I suspect it's a cultural thing.

Anyway I really don't try to be funny that often. Do I appear angry a lot of the time?

I'm not typically angry at all on here. 99% of my time here is fun.

I completely agree here. Often many of the Brits don't get my humor either.... the fucking japanese think I'm Jerry Lewis though. In a way like the French like Jerry Lewis.... :lol:
the Eagles suck.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Mar 2010, 23:11

Matty Red Sox wrote:
martha wrote:I think it's a cultural thing between the UK and the US. I don't encounter it anywhere near as often and it's not really an issue for me on American based boards, so I suspect it's a cultural thing.

Anyway I really don't try to be funny that often. Do I appear angry a lot of the time?

I completely agree here. Often many of the Brits don't get my humor either.... the fucking japanese think I'm Jerry Lewis though. In a way like the French like Jerry Lewis.... :lol:

That's not funny.
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.

Beno

Postby Beno » 03 Mar 2010, 23:13

Martha, don't be sad, having managed to knock me out in round 1 you should be feeling delighted. I'd been thinking about my BCB Cup list all year.

I actually think you came up with a more fat, bald, white, middle aged list than me despite the fact that I'm three of those things (not fat thankfully). Actually that probably explains why you got through to R4 and why I was knocked out in R1, again.

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist

Postby Matty Red Sox » 03 Mar 2010, 23:15

sloopjohnc wrote:
Matty Red Sox wrote:

That's not funny.

:x
the Eagles suck.