LA COPA: R4, M1 - Fartpants on the skids!

User avatar
German Dave
Utter Cad
Posts: 50140
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: LA COPA: R4, M1

Postby German Dave » 02 Mar 2010, 20:52

German Dave wrote:List A:

Inca Roads - Frank Zappa
The Beatles - Hey Bulldog
Small Faces - Sha La La La Lee
Public Image - Annalisa
Robert Wyatt - Seasong
Tom Waits - Martha
Spritualized - Lay It Down Slow
Eels - Climbing To The Moon
King Crimson - Starless
Buddy Guy - Damm Right I got The Blues
John Cale - The Endless Plain of Fortune
Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing
The Cramps - Garbageman
The Congregation - Softly, Whispering I Love You
Tindersticks - Boobar Come Back To Me
Buzzcocks - I Believe
The Art Of Noise - Moments In Love
Roxy Music - A Song For Europe
Amiee Mann - Driving Sideways
Blondie - Union City Blue
Randy Newman - Political Science
Four Tops - Bernadette
Human League - The Things That Dreams Are Made Of
Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream
Albion Band - Ragged Heroes


List B:

Iggy & The Stooges - Raw Power
The Jam - The Butterfly Collector
The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly Wow
Jesus and Mary Chain - Head On
The Stranglers - Walk On By
Thin Lizzy - Sarah
Pulp - Something Changed
The Damned - Plan 9 Channel 7
The Noisettes - Never Forget You
Motorhead - Bomber
Manic Street Preachers - Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
Hazel O'Connor - Will You?
Saxon - 747 (Strangers In The Night)
Candi Staton - Young Hearts Run Free
The Clash - Safe European Home
Buzzcocks - You Say You Don't Love Me
The Isley Brothers - This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You)
The Proclaimers - Sunshine On Leith
Iron Maiden - Sanctuary
Sex Pistols - No Feelings
The Sonics - He's Waitin'
Kenickie - Punka
Soft Cell - Torch
Stereo MCs - Connected
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock


A wins. B was Sir Jonathan Breezytrousers.
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.


Johnny Fartpants

Re: LA COPA: R4, M1

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 02 Mar 2010, 21:20

That's a bit weird ... I made a post at 7.04pm stating that I scored it 51 - 31 to A and that I was B. Was I imagining that, or was I not allowed to concede my own game after the time limit was up?? I assume it was deleted for some reason, so my apologies if I posted something I shouldn't have. Still, never mind ... :?

I'm not bitter or twisted. This is the fourth time I have entered the BCB Cup, and my previous three results have been:

2007: knocked out in the Preliminary Round :x
2008: knocked out in the 2nd Round
2009: knocked out in the 1st Round

... so to have made it through to the 4th round this year has been erm ... surprising. :D But I've enjoyed it, especially the positive comments and the encouragment of my "ironic" early 80s heavy metal choices ... you were going to get Painkiller by Judas Priest in the next round, had I got through. :twisted:

Sorry to Jude, Slim and Echolalia for knocking them out in the earlier rounds. And good luck to list A in the quarter finals ... it wasn't a bad list to be knocked out by, even if it didn't have Saxon in it!! :lol:

Like I say, not bitter and twisted, but I do have one comment to make to those people who suggested that other people were voting for my list as some kind of protest against the board's "musos" ... no, of course it couldn't be that I had posted 25 song that virtually everybody on the board will have heard of at least 95% of before, and that they voted for the list because they liked the choices and actually preferred my list to the one it was up against in that round. Oh no, we couldn't possible have that could we?? So to those people (and they know who they are) I would just like to say get a fucking life you sad cunts, and may the fleas of a thousand camels infect your fucking underpants. :x

Thanks to everyone who voted for my list and especially those who voted because of, rather than despite Saxon, Iron Maiden, Hazel O'Connor, The Proclaimers and Kenickie. You have fine taste !!

Cheers !! 8-)
Last edited by Johnny Fartpants on 02 Mar 2010, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

The Modernist

Re: LA COPA: R4, M1 - Fartpants on the skids!

Postby The Modernist » 02 Mar 2010, 21:22

You did make the post...in match two!

Johnny Fartpants

Re: LA COPA: R4, M1 - Fartpants on the skids!

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 02 Mar 2010, 21:23

El Modernisto wrote:You did make the post...in match two!


Did I ????? :lol:

What a thick cunt I am!!! :oops:

User avatar
Thesiger
Posts: 20156
Joined: 08 Aug 2003, 17:12
Location: Old Meadow

Re: LA COPA: R4, M1 - Fartpants on the skids!

Postby Thesiger » 02 Mar 2010, 21:36

Johnny Fartpants wrote:
El Modernisto wrote:You did make the post...in match two!


Did I ????? :lol:

What a thick cunt I am!!! :oops:


C
BCB Cup - R.U. 2010: W 2012

User avatar
packrat
Posts: 1968
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 21:33
Location: back from the grave

Re: LA COPA: R4, M1 - Fartpants on the skids!

Postby packrat » 02 Mar 2010, 21:39

Johnny Fartpants wrote:
El Modernisto wrote:You did make the post...in match two!


Did I ????? :lol:

What a thick cunt I am!!! :oops:



Yeah, you stole my thunder you bastard! ;)
the rat is back - more or less!

User avatar
RcL
Posts: 8942
Joined: 15 Jun 2005, 02:39

Re: LA COPA: R4, M1

Postby RcL » 03 Mar 2010, 01:45

Johnny Fartpants wrote:
Like I say, not bitter and twisted,


Have one of these and all will be well...

Image

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 7514
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: LA COPA: R4, M1

Postby soundchaser » 03 Mar 2010, 15:28

goldwax wrote:

The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly Wow
The Noisettes - Never Forget You
Hazel O'Connor - Will You?
Candi Staton - Young Hearts Run Free
The Isley Brothers - This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You)
The Proclaimers - Sunshine On Leith
Soft Cell - Torch

Homo.

:lol:


You're once, twice, three times a gayboy...




But I must be as well, because that was a pretty strong selection.