2010 report

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Re: 2010 report

Postby Matty Red Sox » 27 Feb 2010, 16:21

martha wrote:Who is Mike Boom and why have I only ever heard of him in connection to the cup? Did he have a different name on the boards once?

ASK JEFF K.
the Eagles suck.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 27 Feb 2010, 16:30

Matty Red Sox wrote:
Mike Boom wrote:
Auto Drip is out and Martha is still in

Boom has spoken.

Anyone else picture Mike there with flow charts, and the lists written out song by song on index cards, with different colored post-its tracking the popularity of the songs and artists? I wonder if he starts planning for this in May...

I'd be really disappointed if this wasn't a mock up of his strategy against Ray K's list....

Vs. Brian...

Vs. Thesiger

:lol: ...actually I just use an itunes playlist as I imagine most people do.

purgatory brite

Postby purgatory brite » 27 Feb 2010, 16:37

Neil Jung for the Cup!

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 27 Feb 2010, 16:37

Matty Red Sox wrote:
martha wrote:Who is Mike Boom and why have I only ever heard of him in connection to the cup? Did he have a different name on the boards once?

ASK JEFF K.

I can't take credit for Mike Boom. I don't know who he is or where he came from but his constant winning with relative ease is annoying the fuck out of me.
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 27 Feb 2010, 16:41

I'm rooting for Martha. She was a last minute addition to the Cup and her enthusiasm for the competition has been fun to read.

That said, I hope I've been voting for her lists. :?
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Mar 2010, 05:43

So, Cup fever, eh?

Eh?
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 09 Mar 2010, 16:50

Count Machuki wrote:So, Cup fever, eh?

Eh?

The inevitable consequences of such dullness ruling the BCB roost. People just aren't inspired.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 09 Mar 2010, 17:19

Goat Boy wrote:

Eh?

The inevitable consequences of such dullness ruling the BCB roost. People just aren't inspired.

..... or of course the inevitable consequence of getting to the stage where there are 120 bitter losers, all still convinced that their list with the stunning Portuguese folk song and the Spanish electro - disco/funk track should still be in the competition?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 09 Mar 2010, 17:35

Mike Boom wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

Eh?

..... or of course the inevitable consequence of getting to the stage where there are 120 bitter losers, all still convinced that their list with the stunning Portuguese folk song and the Spanish electro - disco/funk track should still be in the competition?

Johnny Fartpants wrote:Seriously, you could put all 8 lists in the Quarter Finals together, and you'd be hard pushed to notice any discernable difference in style or quality. And that ISN'T a good thing ... all 8 lists could have been compiled by the same person.
[/quote]

It's hardly just me who thinks this! I'm angry at the conservatism of the Cup, yes, and the lists left, with a couple of exceptions, reflect this. I'd rather hear a stunning Portugese folk song or a disco track than Teenage Fanclub or the predictable whitebread lists consisting of the usual BCB suspects.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 09 Mar 2010, 18:03

Goat Boy wrote:It's hardly just me who thinks this! I'm angry at the conservatism of the Cup, yes, and the lists left, with a couple of exceptions, reflect this. I'd rather hear a stunning Portugese folk song or a disco track than Teenage Fanclub or the predictable whitebread lists consisting of the usual BCB suspects.

Fair enough, it seems the majority disagree with you, and what the majority want is sort of the point of the competition.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 09 Mar 2010, 18:22

Sure, the public wants what the public gets.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 09 Mar 2010, 18:53

I daresay the majority of the British public would quite happily see the killers of James Bulger hung, drawn and quartered in public before the body parts are blasted into space but it don't make 'em right!

Next year I'll play the game properly and create a list that pleases the masses. It ain't hard.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 09 Mar 2010, 19:02

Goat Boy wrote:I daresay the majority of the British public would quite happily see the killers of James Bulger hung, drawn and quartered in public before the body parts are blasted into space but it don't make 'em right!

Next year I'll play the game properly and create a list that pleases the masses. It ain't hard.

Well I'm sure we all look foward to that - or we could all just submit our lists to you and you could pick the winner ?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 09 Mar 2010, 19:06

Mike Boom wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:I daresay the majority of the British public would quite happily see the killers of James Bulger hung, drawn and quartered in public before the body parts are blasted into space but it don't make 'em right!

Well I'm sure we all look foward to that - or we could all just submit our lists to you and you could pick the winner ?

Put the money back in yer pocket, Boom! I will not open to bribes or favouritism. I will judge each list fairly before finally deciding mine is the winner.