What have you discovered?

B

Re: What have you discovered?

Postby B » 29 Jan 2010, 00:05

Today I discovered that me and Jeff K vote for the same list in almost every match

Qube

Postby Qube » 29 Jan 2010, 00:11

NMB wrote:Here's where to say thanks to the lists that have turned you onto something new. My highlights so far are:

BLO - afrobeat meets CAN, fantatsic! I'll be checking out more of them.

and

Arvo Part - Spiegel Im Spiegel - I knew some stuff by him but not this little piece of beauty.

I think I voted for one list but not the other, but thanks for both of them anyway!

Thanks, the Part piece was in my list, glad you got something from it.

I also have to say, the BLO track was also fab.

B

Postby B » 29 Jan 2010, 01:50

Another discovery. I hit the "view your posts" thing and noticed that this guy Zeke voted for like 6 matches in a matter of 4 minutes :roll: :|

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 29 Jan 2010, 01:55

Brian wrote:Another discovery. I hit the "view your posts" thing and noticed that this guy Zeke voted for like 6 matches in a matter of 4 minutes :roll: :|

Yeah, no shit. that was amazing.
the Eagles suck.

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist

Postby Matty Red Sox » 29 Jan 2010, 02:08

Matty Red Sox wrote:
Brian wrote:Another discovery. I hit the "view your posts" thing and noticed that this guy Zeke voted for like 6 matches in a matter of 4 minutes :roll: :|

Yeah, no shit. that was amazing.

Actually, our own Leg of Lamb is doing the same thing right now!
the Eagles suck.

B

Postby B » 29 Jan 2010, 02:24

So I guess the youtube links really are pointless. I put them in mine anyway. Hopefully some people use them to help decide.

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist

Postby Matty Red Sox » 29 Jan 2010, 02:29

Brian wrote:So I guess the youtube links really are pointless. I put them in mine anyway. Hopefully some people use them to help decide.

I watch 'em sometimes.
the Eagles suck.

Clippernolan
Maya's Prop

Postby Clippernolan » 29 Jan 2010, 02:35

I'm getting my ass handed to me on my first year participating, albeit with a few kudos to the list along the way. But, I'm discovering that of the few votes I'm getting, I actually have a few more musical tastes in common with those I'd considered to be posters who would never have given a mix of mine a look-in. It's interesting.

People aren't as nasty as I thought on the lists, and way less 'cooler-than-thou', which is the reason I've avoided this game for so many years.
Read my blog - The Delete Bin

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 29 Jan 2010, 02:48

Clippernolan wrote:I'm getting my ass handed to me on my first year participating, albeit with a few kudos to the list along the way. But, I'm discovering that of the few votes I'm getting, I actually have a few more musical tastes in common with those I'd considered to be posters who would never have given a mix of mine a look-in. It's interesting.

People aren't as nasty as I thought on the lists, and way less 'cooler-than-thou', which is the reason I've avoided this game for so many years.

We can be nasty to you here, if that would make you feel better. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Clippernolan
Maya's Prop

Postby Clippernolan » 29 Jan 2010, 02:50

Quaco wrote:
Clippernolan wrote:I'm getting my ass handed to me on my first year participating, albeit with a few kudos to the list along the way. But, I'm discovering that of the few votes I'm getting, I actually have a few more musical tastes in common with those I'd considered to be posters who would never have given a mix of mine a look-in. It's interesting.

We can be nasty to you here, if that would make you feel better. :)

Nice touch with the smiley face tacked on the end, Jim. :lol:
Read my blog - The Delete Bin

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 29 Jan 2010, 05:42

I will probably pay more notice to the links in the next rounds, but the first 10 has to be attention grabbing because of the clogged schedule of ties.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

automatic_drip

Postby automatic_drip » 31 Jan 2010, 01:10

martha wrote:Anal Chugging - Mike and the Mechanoids
Darwinian Tragedy - The Dunedin Obscuratis
Life is a bitch and then you die - Dissaffected Youffs
Take it Easy - The Eagles
32.5 HEMISPHERE - Nouvelle Poseurs
Aqualung - Jethro Tull
Marie Antoinette - the MacArthur Parks
Disco 2000 - Pulp
Nice Hat - Miss Gredenko and the Popesicles
The Neverending Story - Lihmahl

It...could...go...all...the...way! (Only because that spawn of Satan known as Don Henley is involved)
Only time will tell if we stand the test of time.... - Sammy Hagar

Leg of lamb
Jane Austen enthusiast

Postby Leg of lamb » 31 Jan 2010, 23:32

What a shame that the majority of this thread is people kvetching about people putting up links. Honestly, who's forcing you? If you don't have the time, that's fine, but I'm having a superb time going through tonight's lists, discovering all manner of goodies. The Wimple Winch one is my favourite so far, and oft-listed songs from previous years have really gone on to become personal favourites. No, I don't go through every list with absolute diligence - what takes my fancy, I follow up on. It isn't a chore.
Brother Spoon wrote:I would probably enjoy this record more if it came to me in a brown paper bag filled with manure, instead of this richly illustrated disgrace to my eyes.

Leg of lamb
Jane Austen enthusiast

Postby Leg of lamb » 31 Jan 2010, 23:35

And, good grief, 'Til I Get It Right' by Tammy Wynette is an absolute stormer. I voted against A in Match 30 but for that song alone, I'm mighty grateful.
Brother Spoon wrote:I would probably enjoy this record more if it came to me in a brown paper bag filled with manure, instead of this richly illustrated disgrace to my eyes.

nev harp
cultural defective

Postby nev harp » 01 Feb 2010, 00:28

Leg of lamb wrote:And, good grief, 'Til I Get It Right' by Tammy Wynette is an absolute stormer.

It's beautiful.
Hip Someone who knows the score. Someone who understands jive talk Someone who is with it The expression is not subject to definition because, if you don't dig what it means, no one can ever tell you.

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Postby Neil Jung » 02 Feb 2010, 11:25

Fever Ray was good; I had wondered what had happened to Sinead O'Connor.
It was raining when we drove up the two-lane highway through the long tunnel of trees that led into the black district on the south end of St. Martinville.

Jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Postby Jude » 02 Feb 2010, 11:50

What's the problem?

Leg of lamb wrote:What a shame that the majority of this thread is people kvetching about people putting up links.
It baffles me. For a board that is generally quite intelligent, i don't understand how they can't get their heads round it. Click the link if you want to, don't if you don't want to. I'm not aware of anyone who would vote against a list simply because links were posted, so if the competitor has the time and patience to track down YouTube links, what's the problem?
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 03 Feb 2010, 01:02

neville harp wrote:
Leg of lamb wrote:And, good grief, 'Til I Get It Right' by Tammy Wynette is an absolute stormer.

It's beautiful.

...that's the revelation for me too in my first year in the competition. never heard it before though i've always loved Me and You.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 03 Feb 2010, 09:01

That there's so much I should have thought of..well, never mind. :)
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 03 Feb 2010, 09:08

G-Z wrote:
neville harp wrote:

It's beautiful.

...that's the revelation for me too in my first year in the competition. never heard it before though i've always loved Me and You.

errr, You and Me
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON