Bitter Recriminations 2010: Twice as bitter as before!

Ray K.

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2010: Twice as bitter as before!

Postby Ray K. » 28 Feb 2010, 01:13

You gotta love the Screaming Blues though don't you?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 28 Feb 2010, 06:32

No, you don't gotta.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 28 Feb 2010, 06:37

I have reviewed the match-up and agree that Mr. K-Tel has every reason to be bitter and outraged.
It's a goddamn shame, Harv.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 28 Feb 2010, 06:48

Thank you, Baron. You are a wise man.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 28 Feb 2010, 08:50

Ray K. wrote:You gotta love the Screaming Blues though don't you?

I was going to put Good and Gone in my list. Ironically, the list that beat me put the SBMs in eventually. The wrong song, like. :x
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Feb 2010, 17:40

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:I've been holding on to this for a while, and seeing as there has been very little in the way of venomous ranting I've decided to post it:

Oh, you sad, sad people.

Safe in your comfortable little boxes – everything nice and orderly, your pieces of plastic all polished and gleaming, waiting for the guests that never show up. Do you know why they never show up? I’ll tell you why. Because you have no friends, that’s why. Nobody likes you, and nobody ever will because you’re BORING. That’s right – BORING. Just take a look at what you chose to represent yourselves and this wonderful web world called BCB. Take a look at that list and tell me that it is not the safest, most depressingly dull thing you have ever seen. Pull your fingers out of your noses for one second and think about your lives and where they are headed. You’ll all no doubt wind up sitting in a nursing home in some shithole town talking about Paul fucking Weller to some urine-soaked gimp who can only manage a feeble “Pulp…” in return, and you won’t even know if he’s talking about music.

Oh, you sad people and your sad little cliques. “Oh look!”, you say, “A BIG name is about to come crashing down!” One of yours, one of the people with “taste”, who somehow seem to be able to arbitrarily decide who is and who isn’t worthy of their esteem, as if somehow you were able to look at our record collections with your giant binoculars. I get the last laugh, however, as I put ink on the eyepieces, you turkey-necked freaks. I invite any of you to come look at my records, you will, without exception, find a collection worthy of gathering only the rarest of dust in any higher institute of musicology. Please ignore the Sgt. Peppers OST. Thank you.

In the end, what do we stand to gain by letting something like this:

1.I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
2. There She Goes - The La's
3. Something Changed - Pulp
4. Bittersweet Symphony- The Verve
5. A Well Respected Man - The Kinks
6. Positively Lost Me - The Rave-Ups
7. Alone Again, Or - Love
8. A Girl Like You - Edwyn Collins
9. The Passenger - Iggy Pop
10. People Who Died - Jim Carroll Band
11. Garbageman - Cramps
12. Drive She Said - Stan Ridgway
13. Red Right Hand - Nick Cave
14. I'm Your Man - Leonard Cohen
15. Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Nina Simone
16. Don't Compromise Yourself - Howard Tate
17. Chain of Fools - Aretha Franklin
18. Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
19. Detonation Boulevard - The Sisters of Mercy
20. Twin Cadillac Valentine - Screaming Blue Messiahs

be representative of the collective taste of BCB?

Look long and hard at that list. Can you honestly tell me that there is anything there even remotely as exciting as something like John Lee Hooker’s ‘Walkin’ The Boogie’?
If you can, then you should bow your heads in shame, because you have obviously been born without ears and undoubtedly look like a styrofoam-headed mannequin that some left-handed idiot with less brains than a bucket of puke has drawn cross-eyes on. For shame. For shame. Hide yourself, freak, the villagers are coming and they want to burn your bookshelf stereo and your miserly collection of shitty CDs.

‘Enlightenment’. That’s what drew us here, it’s what drew us to Mojo4music.com in the first place, and I’ll tell you one last thing: that list up there, that list was made by someone from the Q message boards. Can’t you see it? Dollars to donuts it’s Fartpants’ list. Do you see what you’re voting for, now, oh enlightened ones? Do you?

Go fuck yourselves, you worthless fartknockers.

God, isn't he sexy when he's angry?

Just wait 'til after today's Olympic hockey championship game.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Piggly Wiggly

Postby Piggly Wiggly » 28 Feb 2010, 17:44

Harvey K-Tel wrote:I've been holding on to this for a while, and seeing as there has been very little in the way of venomous ranting I've decided to post it:

Oh, you sad, sad people.

Safe in your comfortable little boxes – everything nice and orderly, your pieces of plastic all polished and gleaming, waiting for the guests that never show up. Do you know why they never show up? I’ll tell you why. Because you have no friends, that’s why. Nobody likes you, and nobody ever will because you’re BORING. That’s right – BORING. Just take a look at what you chose to represent yourselves and this wonderful web world called BCB. Take a look at that list and tell me that it is not the safest, most depressingly dull thing you have ever seen. Pull your fingers out of your noses for one second and think about your lives and where they are headed. You’ll all no doubt wind up sitting in a nursing home in some shithole town talking about Paul fucking Weller to some urine-soaked gimp who can only manage a feeble “Pulp…” in return, and you won’t even know if he’s talking about music.

Oh, you sad people and your sad little cliques. “Oh look!”, you say, “A BIG name is about to come crashing down!” One of yours, one of the people with “taste”, who somehow seem to be able to arbitrarily decide who is and who isn’t worthy of their esteem, as if somehow you were able to look at our record collections with your giant binoculars. I get the last laugh, however, as I put ink on the eyepieces, you turkey-necked freaks. I invite any of you to come look at my records, you will, without exception, find a collection worthy of gathering only the rarest of dust in any higher institute of musicology. Please ignore the Sgt. Peppers OST. Thank you.

11. Garbageman - Cramps

Look long and hard at that list. Can you honestly tell me that there is anything there even remotely as exciting as something like John Lee Hooker’s ‘Walkin’ The Boogie’?
If you can, then you should bow your heads in shame, because you have obviously been born without ears and undoubtedly look like a styrofoam-headed mannequin that some left-handed idiot with less brains than a bucket of puke has drawn cross-eyes on. For shame. For shame. Hide yourself, freak, the villagers are coming and they want to burn your bookshelf stereo and your miserly collection of shitty CDs.

‘Enlightenment’. That’s what drew us here, it’s what drew us to Mojo4music.com in the first place, and I’ll tell you one last thing: that list up there, that list was made by someone from the Q message boards. Can’t you see it? Dollars to donuts it’s Fartpants’ list. Do you see what you’re voting for, now, oh enlightened ones? Do you?

I owe you a pitcher of the coldest beer.

These librarians don't deserve you.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 28 Feb 2010, 22:57

sloopjohnc wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:

Oh, you sad, sad people.

11. Garbageman - Cramps

God, isn't he sexy when he's angry?

Did somebody say something?

Ray K.

Postby Ray K. » 28 Feb 2010, 23:18

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:

Did somebody say something?

It was a hell of a game.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 28 Feb 2010, 23:27

A fantastic game, Ray! What a nailbiter of an ending!

Ray K.

Postby Ray K. » 01 Mar 2010, 00:39

My drink went over with 24.2 seconds left in the third. In many ways the right guy had the winning goal (this coming from a fan of the southern team).

Ranking Ted

Postby Ranking Ted » 01 Mar 2010, 10:59

Ok, then, some thoughts on my demise in the Cup. This is the 'best' I have ever done, so I'm not too annoyed. My list was a tad more calculated than before, in that we now know certain artists or genres are just Cup kryptonite, so the wise move is to avoid using them. Being too 'personal' with my selections has only led to first round ejection and - yes - bitter recriminations, so I chose a different tack. I can say, though, that the list contained 20 songs I love, so no worries on that score.

The list I lost out to was okay, but my Neil Young (I've Been Waiting For You) and my Rolling Stones (2000 Light Years From Home) rule compared to my conqueror's (Old Man, She's A Rainbow). Plus, there was a fair smattering of hoary Cup warhorses (Paperback Writer? Transmission?) or - ulp - prog on the winning list, but I guess that's what you need to get through. Hmmm, this is beginning to sound more bitter than I wanted....er, well done A!

The other thing was the fact that, according to some, my list included unidentified tracks that were deemed to be - I'll paraphrase - shite. Good thing their lists were so unimpeachable. He said, definitely approaching bitterness... I'll stop now!

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 01 Mar 2010, 12:27

El Modernisto wrote:I didn't like the above "humorous" exchange - but have edited to modify my comments.

Only just noticed this, so didn't see your original post Geraint. All I was trying to do, as you may have noticed I quite often try to do, was to defuse the tension. If you didn't like that, then fair enough, that's your perogative. But there was no malicious intent.

Show us yer tits. :?

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 01 Mar 2010, 15:01

Johnny Fartpants wrote:
El Modernisto wrote:I didn't like the above "humorous" exchange - but have edited to modify my comments.

Only just noticed this, so didn't see your original post Geraint. All I was trying to do, as you may have noticed I quite often try to do, was to defuse the tension. If you didn't like that, then fair enough, that's your perogative. But there was no malicious intent.

Show us yer tits. :?

But I haven't had my nipples waxed yet. :shock:

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 01 Mar 2010, 19:24

Harvey K-Tel wrote:‘Enlightenment’. That’s what drew us here, it’s what drew us to Mojo4music.com in the first place, and I’ll tell you one last thing: that list up there, that list was made by someone from the Q message boards. Can’t you see it?

That's a good observation. :lol:

Well, you can't blame me; I voted for your damn list.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 01 Mar 2010, 19:36

Snarfyguy wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:‘Enlightenment’. That’s what drew us here, it’s what drew us to Mojo4music.com in the first place, and I’ll tell you one last thing: that list up there, that list was made by someone from the Q message boards. Can’t you see it?

That's a good observation. :lol:

Well, you can't blame me; I voted for your damn list.

Not only obscurist but elitist as well!
No wonder the great unwashed claimed your head in that round!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 01 Mar 2010, 20:12

Never/Ever wrote:Not only obscurist but elitist as well!
No wonder the great unwashed claimed your head in that round!

Holy cow, I just checked that match and Harvey's opponent's list got almost twice as many votes as Harvey's!

That's a mandate. The people have spoken.

At least I only lost by two votes! :lol:
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 02 Mar 2010, 16:05

Harvey K-Tel wrote:‘Enlightenment’. That’s what drew us here, it’s what drew us to Mojo4music.com in the first place, and I’ll tell you one last thing: that list up there, that list was made by someone from the Q message boards. Can’t you see it? Dollars to donuts it’s Fartpants’ list. Do you see what you’re voting for, now, oh enlightened ones? Do you?

I take it back. I'm now convinced I was up against Martha's list.

Enjoy your 10-page long bitter recrimination when it comes, chumps!

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 02 Mar 2010, 19:30

Harvey K-Tel wrote:
Harvey K-Tel wrote:‘Enlightenment’. That’s what drew us here, it’s what drew us to Mojo4music.com in the first place, and I’ll tell you one last thing: that list up there, that list was made by someone from the Q message boards. Can’t you see it? Dollars to donuts it’s Fartpants’ list. Do you see what you’re voting for, now, oh enlightened ones? Do you?

I take it back. I'm now convinced I was up against Martha's list.

Enjoy your 10-page long bitter recrimination when it comes, chumps!

So you've been beaten by the better woman? :lol:
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Marquis de Scarborough
Not Nobility

Postby Marquis de Scarborough » 02 Mar 2010, 21:45

I didn't think I'd be writing this feeling in any way bitter. I entered only as Griff was struggling to fill the last couple of places. I came through the first round, knocking out Bad Ambassador after a tie break by ONE vote (sorry fella). I won the next two against Mentalist and RCL by just 6 votes in each round, so I was riding my luck all the way.

Then I get properly beaten in the fourth round.

A good run, except the list that has just beaten me is simply FUCKING DULL. Utterly dreary dull tedious shite. I stand by every track of mine, regardless of the canonist or popularist bullshit names that get thrown at it. Each track is gold. Too deep rooted in British Indie? Fuck off. I won't apologise for having musical tastes that stretch beyond 1982.

Good luck in the next round to whoever list A is, although you won't need it with all the dinosaurs here still voting.
GoatBoy wrote: Honestly, if Angelina Jolie had a Wolverhampton accent I think I’d have to restrict her to just a blow job.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough...