www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 23024
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby never/ever » 25 Jan 2010, 23:22

From 66/1 to 150/1 :lol:
Hell, you really do suck chocolate dick!



(now put me at 5000/1 ye bastard!)
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers
Posts: 14837
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Location: South Penriff
Contact:

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby The Red Heifer » 25 Jan 2010, 23:23

Never/Ever wrote:From 66/1 to 150/1 :lol:
Hell, you really do suck chocolate dick!



(now put me at 5000/1 ye bastard!)


Only because the field bloody doubled in size thicko! :lol:
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

User avatar
The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers
Posts: 14837
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Location: South Penriff
Contact:

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby The Red Heifer » 25 Jan 2010, 23:25

whodathunkit wrote:Any odds on nationality, sex, age, any level of musical taste, etc?


It took me long enough to work out the board, besides Trevor the work experience kid has today off being a public holiday, so no :lol:
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 23024
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby never/ever » 25 Jan 2010, 23:25

The Red Heifer wrote:
Never/Ever wrote:From 66/1 to 150/1 :lol:
Hell, you really do suck chocolate dick!



(now put me at 5000/1 ye bastard!)


Only because the field bloody doubled in size thicko! :lol:


Didn't stop you from keeping Coan, Penk and Griff at the top, Deep Throat! :lol:
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers
Posts: 14837
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Location: South Penriff
Contact:

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby The Red Heifer » 25 Jan 2010, 23:27

Never/Ever wrote:
The Red Heifer wrote:
Never/Ever wrote:From 66/1 to 150/1 :lol:
Hell, you really do suck chocolate dick!



(now put me at 5000/1 ye bastard!)


Only because the field bloody doubled in size thicko! :lol:


Didn't stop you from keeping Coan, Penk and Griff at the top, Deep Throat! :lol:


But their odds all doubled too! :P

All 3 of those have big game experience, any bookmaker in the land would have them as favourites
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 23024
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby never/ever » 25 Jan 2010, 23:32

The Red Heifer wrote:
Never/Ever wrote:
The Red Heifer wrote:
Only because the field bloody doubled in size thicko! :lol:


Didn't stop you from keeping Coan, Penk and Griff at the top, Deep Throat! :lol:


But their odds all doubled too! :P

All 3 of those have big game experience, any bookmaker in the land would have them as favourites


I'd have Griff on even odds simply because he knows which list is which! ;)
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 24091
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby Copehead » 25 Jan 2010, 23:46

Jude wrote:
The Red Heifer wrote:New updated odds!

500/1 ... Jude
Fuck me, this is an outrage, etc.


That's nothing, I've moved out to 1000-1 despite my decent form in previous years. Methinks the Heifer knows nothing.

I'll have 40 quid on myself and buy myself a new virtual Audi S4 Avant on my winnings.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Posts: 8185
Joined: 02 Nov 2003, 16:57
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby Matty Red Sox » 26 Jan 2010, 01:36

Gotta argue with the odds, several folks I've beaten a couple of times up ahead of me, also I haven't seen any movement for Brian.... I am wondering if the mob is somehow involved. ;)
the Eagles suck.

User avatar
RcL
Posts: 8942
Joined: 15 Jun 2005, 02:39

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby RcL » 26 Jan 2010, 01:48

Are we only allowed one bet - I'm tempted by Moddy - underrated by our jolly swagman, sorry, bagman. Also, John aka Josh, echolalia and erm 'duckstab' are all posters with proven taste in music and deserve to be higher. Newbie Always Pos. might surprise us too.

But if I have money to bet, it's $100 on Qube at 200-1 - definitely more worth a punt than Penk or Coan who seem to be fronting this field like Ant and Dec, though our winner will be a more tasteful character, I wager. :)

You can only shorten the odds on Brian if he gets down with the UK kids more - something previous US winners have taken into considerations.

Brian, if you're reading this, drop in some Sham 69 and some Echobelly and solo Adam Ant and all will be well.

User avatar
king feeb
He's the consultant of swing
Posts: 26243
Joined: 19 Jul 2003, 00:42
Location: Soon Over Babaluma
Contact:

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby king feeb » 26 Jan 2010, 03:33

The Red Heifer wrote:60/1 - king feeb


Mine should be 666/1. My list is all Norwegian Death Metal.
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

User avatar
funky_nomad
paranoid
Posts: 11626
Joined: 14 Aug 2003, 11:31
Location: Doomsville

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby funky_nomad » 26 Jan 2010, 09:51

The Red Heifer wrote:New updated odds!

Now that there's 128 people in the comp, all the odds have been greatly inflated, for christ sakes don't whinge about how bad your odds are, its just because of the size of the competition :)

Have you run a book before, Heif?

Just saying, because a field of 128 is similar to that of a major championship in golf, and I'd be drooling at the mouth if the joint favourites (including the current, two-time champion) were as big as 33/1 for The Open, even without an e/w option.

I'll have the mortgage on John K at 125/1, please.
Just a penitent man

User avatar
The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers
Posts: 14837
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Location: South Penriff
Contact:

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby The Red Heifer » 26 Jan 2010, 12:06

funky_nomad wrote:
The Red Heifer wrote:New updated odds!

Now that there's 128 people in the comp, all the odds have been greatly inflated, for christ sakes don't whinge about how bad your odds are, its just because of the size of the competition :)

Have you run a book before, Heif?


Quite clearly not :lol:

This is different to a golf tournament where there are usually a few standouts and a lot of 200/1 shots, this is more like a 128 field horse race. Most of the runners are capable of making it in, so the odds have to reflect that.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

User avatar
Bish Bash Bosh
Posts: 1148
Joined: 16 Aug 2006, 01:54
Location: 135 Sesame Street.
Contact:

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby Bish Bash Bosh » 26 Jan 2010, 15:26

500/1 :lol:

This is what happened to me last year:

A wins by a landslide, 62 - 13

B was Bish Bash Bosh

13 votes :(
He does exactly what it says on the tin

The Modernist

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby The Modernist » 26 Jan 2010, 16:02

The Red Heifer wrote:This is different to a golf tournament where there are usually a few standouts and a lot of 200/1 shots, this is more like a 128 field horse race. Most of the runners are capable of making it in, so the odds have to reflect that.


How dare you say I look like a horse! :evil:

User avatar
Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Posts: 8185
Joined: 02 Nov 2003, 16:57
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby Matty Red Sox » 26 Jan 2010, 16:55

keith jennings wrote:
The Red Heifer wrote:This is different to a golf tournament where there are usually a few standouts and a lot of 200/1 shots, this is more like a 128 field horse race. Most of the runners are capable of making it in, so the odds have to reflect that.


How dare you say I look like a horse! :evil:


I won't be saying much about my list this year (apparently it got voted against last year because I was bragging - that and Ram Jam's Black Betty)... but I will say I resemble a horse where it counts most.... hung like one!
the Eagles suck.

User avatar
Doctor Gonzo
Posts: 258
Joined: 28 Jul 2004, 20:59
Contact:

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby Doctor Gonzo » 26 Jan 2010, 17:17

I realise my long odds reflect the fact that I'm new here, but it must be down to shoddy bookmanship alone that I've got odds of both 1000/1 and 2000/1... :lol:

We'll see who has the last laugh when I come crashing catastrophically out of the competition in the first round!

User avatar
Tapiocahead
Posts: 6981
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 22:41
Location: quite literally in your face

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby Tapiocahead » 26 Jan 2010, 18:39

I'll have £50 e/w on John K and I'll have a bit of that 125/1
Fishstick selling fuck

User avatar
The Genius of Prog
Posts: 168
Joined: 14 Dec 2008, 13:36

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby The Genius of Prog » 26 Jan 2010, 18:51

The Red Heifer wrote:5000/1 - Carlsson, The Prog Bastard


I see that I am in esteemed company. You may like to revise these odds as I have not simply chosen 10 tracks by Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
Carlsson wrote:It needs to be asked, are you The Prog Bastard?

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51170
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby Butch Manly » 26 Jan 2010, 21:03

Never/Ever wrote:I'd have Griff on even odds simply because he knows which list is which! ;)


Actually, there are so many this year that I barely pay attention to their contents until I've actually posted them up in a match. My head's spinning here. :lol:
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
the masked man
Schadenfreude
Posts: 26869
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 12:29
Location: Peterborough

Re: www.betheifer.com.au - Latest Odds - 2010 BCB Cup

Postby the masked man » 26 Jan 2010, 21:28

On the grounds that newbies may surprise us, I'll bet $100 on savoirefaire.