Copa de BCB 09: QF 2 - DWD FUBB!

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Re: Copa de BCB 09: QF 2

Postby Butch Manly » 01 Mar 2009, 07:08

B wins 24 - 32

A was DWD
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Re: Copa de BCB 09: QF 2 - DWD FUBB!

Postby The Red Heifer » 01 Mar 2009, 09:41

An absolute travesty.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

mission

Postby mission » 03 Mar 2009, 03:25

That Bloody Giraffe wrote:We don't all sit in our studies stroking our chins while we listen to every "great" piece of music, you know. Some of us dance around handbags or drink Pernod and Coke at the bar, too.

I do both, you know. Actually I sit in my study stroking my handbag (if that's what we're calling it now) and drink Pernod and Coke until I can't stand it anymore and I get up and I dance and I feel free and it's marvellous and I throw open the curtains and I beg and I pray that the neighbours can see me dancing and I feel great and free.

Live It Up is ferociously catchy, memorable but bland, has the requisite number of hooks for a successful pop song and - over and above its inherent, unavoidable, irredeemable, plonking, leadfooted, completely ordinary shittiness - doesn't put a foot wrong.

But is it one of the fifteen Best Songs Ever?
Good.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 03 Mar 2009, 07:54

mission wrote:
But is it one of the fifteen Best Songs Ever?

I think you're misunderstanding the nature of the Cup.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."