- Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
- Posts: 11396
- Joined: 14 Nov 2003, 17:27
- Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.
- The Write Profile
- 2017 BCB Cup Champ
- Posts: 14694
- Joined: 15 Sep 2003, 10:55
- Location: Today, Tomorrow, Timaru
penk! wrote:Griff has just rigged it, hasn't he? All the good lists get drawn together and all the dross is going through to meet him in the final. Disgraceful. These are both fine lists, and the tie is really too hard for me to call as it is - I'll have to check out some links and report back.
Yes, I can't help but feel the same way. Quite appalling state of affairs really. Okay then, it's A- I'm not so sold on some of its last five, including the overrated House of Love, but the Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels is a monster cut, I love the Daft Punk, and the first ten were pretty much all aces. Respect to B's list, too.
Griff, stop putting the best lists against oneanother in the early rounds!
Last edited by The Write Profile on 10 Feb 2009, 22:28, edited 2 times in total.
It's before my time but I've been told, he never came back from Karangahape Road.
- Otago Mago
- Posts: 15081
- Joined: 19 Jul 2003, 04:02
- Location: Gazing at the harbour.
"U2 routinely spent a year in the studio...I have a theory: if you put four monkeys in the studio for a year with Lanois and Eno and Lillywhite, they would make a pretty good record, too."
- Mr Maps
- a drunk in a midnight choir
- Posts: 14118
- Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:07
- Location: The City of Trees in Canada's Ocean Playground
nathan wrote:I realize there is a time and a place for unsexy music, but I personally have no time for it.
Django wrote: It's video clips of earnest post-rock I want, and I have little time for anything else.
19th biggest tosser on BCB
- Diamond Geezer
- Posts: 42959
- Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
- Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality
I'm not terribly excited either way, but the Flamingos and the Mayfield take it.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.