ROUND 2 - Starts Sunday Evening (GMT)

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

ROUND 2 - Starts Sunday Evening (GMT)

Postby Butch Manly » 02 Feb 2009, 19:05

Thanks to those who have already progressed and sent their lists (and commiserations to those that fell at the first hurdle). I'm hoping to start Round 2 with four matches on Thursday but, obviously, this can only happen if I have the next five tracks in from the relevant competitors.

So, if you're already through, get the tracks sorted and sent to me asap. If you're still hoping to get through, give it some thought and have those songs ready.

Ta.

PS. Many thanks to all those who've voted this year - there's been a very high turnout, it seems to me.

Griff
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Jeff K
The Original K

Re: Round 2

Postby Jeff K » 02 Feb 2009, 19:45

I'm trying to decide which to include, 'I Forgot To Be Your Lover' or 'Love Hangover'. Maybe both?
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Feb 2009, 19:51

That Bloody Giraffe wrote:Thanks to those who have already progressed and sent their lists (and commiserations to those that fell at the first hurdle).

Griff

F-U-C-K-O-F-F
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"
"'Seize the moments as they fly, know to live and learn to die'."

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 02 Feb 2009, 19:57

There was no need to capitalize. :roll:
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

K

Postby K » 02 Feb 2009, 19:58

Diamond Dog wrote:
That Bloody Giraffe wrote:Thanks to those who have already progressed and sent their lists (and commiserations to those that fell at the first hurdle).

Griff

F-U-C-K-O-F-F

B

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Feb 2009, 20:11

Ƙ wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:

Griff

F-U-C-K-O-F-F

B

:D
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 03 Feb 2009, 09:06

*Bump*
Goatboy to Belle:

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 03 Feb 2009, 17:11

Keep those "next fives" coming, folks!

Remember, Round 2 gets under way on Thursday.
Goatboy to Belle:

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 03 Feb 2009, 19:26

Andy,
How come people only have to submit five new tracks for the second round instead of a whole new list of ten?
John Coan wrote:I've lived in many different countries in Europe and whenever I come home I think 'England is the best'

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 03 Feb 2009, 19:49

Lance Matthew wrote:Andy,
How come people only have to submit five new tracks for the second round instead of a whole new list of ten?

It's the way it's always been done. The five are added to the original ten so effectively in the second round people are voting for a list of fifteen. Five get added with each new round. There was some talk of changing it for this year but I'm glad it wasn't done as I think with this system you can really get to know the character of a list and see how it develops. A random new ten each time would result in a lot of game playing to try to match the voting trends in round one.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 03 Feb 2009, 21:31

Dr Modernist wrote:
Lance Matthew wrote:Andy,

It's the way it's always been done. The five are added to the original ten so effectively in the second round people are voting for a list of fifteen. Five get added with each new round. There was some talk of changing it for this year but I'm glad it wasn't done as I think with this system you can really get to know the character of a list and see how it develops. A random new ten each time would result in a lot of game playing to try to match the voting trends in round one.

Still not sure I follow.
We just voted in the second round and the lists still contained ten songs. Did Andy delete five and add five more?
John Coan wrote:I've lived in many different countries in Europe and whenever I come home I think 'England is the best'

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 03 Feb 2009, 21:43

Lance Matthew wrote:
Still not sure I follow.
We just voted in the second round and the lists still contained ten songs. Did Andy delete five and add five more?

:? The second round hasn't begun yet. We have thirty two ties to get through which means the last four will be played on Wednesday night. The sixteen winners will then go on to round two where you will see 15 songs.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 03 Feb 2009, 21:54

That Bloody Giraffe wrote:Keep those "next fives" coming, folks!

Why don't you wait until next week for Round 2, Andy? there are four more rounds to come tomorrow - don't you think there should be a break between rounds? this place is going to be cluttered!

I know you've got a lot on your hands with this whole thing - and you're doing an excellent job - maybe you want to get it out of the way....?

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 03 Feb 2009, 22:00

Sir John Coan wrote:
That Bloody Giraffe wrote:Keep those "next fives" coming, folks!

Why don't you wait until next week for Round 2, Andy? there are four more rounds to come tomorrow - don't you think there should be a break between rounds? this place is going to be cluttered!

I know you've got a lot on your hands with this whole thing - and you're doing an excellent job - maybe you want to get it out of the way....?

Starting to panic, John?
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 03 Feb 2009, 22:15

;)

whodathunkit

Postby whodathunkit » 03 Feb 2009, 23:32

Sorry to gripe Griff but by starting the next round on Thursday, the draw will be restricted only to contestants whose first round matches were over some time ago. Later first round winners wont have had the time to get their next five in (or even know they won). Tell me to fuck off, youre the boss, etc but next Monday would seem more appropriate.

Yours
A.Pedant.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 04 Feb 2009, 00:06

Dr Modernist wrote:
Lance Matthew wrote:
Still not sure I follow.

:? The second round hasn't begun yet. We have thirty two ties to get through which means the last four will be played on Wednesday night. The sixteen winners will then go on to round two where you will see 15 songs.

Yeah, you're right.
This thread title was confusing to me. It'll become more clear when I see the lists with fifteen songs.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Re: ROUND 2 - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Postby Butch Manly » 05 Feb 2009, 18:37

I've taken on board everyone's comments and, especially in light of my only having around half of the surviving contestants' "next fives", have decided to delay the start of Round Two

The first four Round Two matches will now be posted on Sunday night.

Thanks for your patience and continued support.
Goatboy to Belle:

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 05 Feb 2009, 19:03

I was hoping the announcement would be more important. ;)

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Feb 2009, 20:09

Dr Modernist wrote:I was hoping the announcement would be more important. ;)

Well, to be fair, he has spent the best part of the page explaining how to count. Which, considering what I think of his maths methods, is deeply ironic.