BCB CUP 2008 - THE FINAL!

Matt Harringay
Utter Cad

Re: BCB CUP 2008 - THE FINAL!

Postby Matt Harringay » 26 Apr 2008, 20:02

Jeff K wrote:I like the idea of just five more songs without tacking them on to the previous lists.

Aye, that's the plan.
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 26 Apr 2008, 22:27

Johnny C Redway wrote:
Jeff K wrote:I like the idea of just five more songs without tacking them on to the previous lists.

Aye, that's the plan.

Bollox to that. They've both done so well, ask them. If they want to call it a draw, that's fine by me and most other people I would guess from the number of "I can't choose between them" comments.
He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 26 Apr 2008, 22:35

I am concerned about the pressure this tension is placing on our competitors. I recently received a pm from one of the finallists quoting my post in this thread above:

LMG wrote:I was considering changing my vote before the deadline, but was stuck on a tube this morning coming back from my girlfriend's, and was not able to get home in time to get on-line.

I considered getting off and finding an internet cafe and signing in and altering my vote, but then I thought 'no, that's silly and sad, and as my vote has already determined one match there is no way it would happen in the final'.

Given that this has happened, I would be happy to determine the winner by putting thought into whether I should alter my vote, thus saving everyone the agony of a penalty shoot-out.

The message suggested, no demanded that I do as I suggest above. The trouble is, as I was forced to explain, my post was a joke, designed to highlight the very tension present in the joust and perhaps in some small way, to dissipate it to some extent.

The sight of this Cup warrior, literally on his knees to a poster who, if I am honest, maintains fairly consistently that he is pretty much a waste of bandwidth, evoked feelings in me I would find difficult to describe.

So while we jest and tally tunes and spar amongst ourselves, let's all spare a thought to the very real pressures our little pastime is extolling on those who also stand...and wait.
We owe so much
To the enemy
If not for them
Where would we be?

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Postby Neil Jung » 26 Apr 2008, 22:57

A
It was raining when we drove up the two-lane highway through the long tunnel of trees that led into the black district on the south end of St. Martinville.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 26 Apr 2008, 23:20

Neil Jung wrote:A

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sneelock wrote:You’ll like her better after she dies. Siouxsie won’t ever die. She’s a vampire or some shit.