BCB Cup 2008 - SEMI FINAL 1 - LEG OF LAMB OUT

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: BCB Cup 2008 - SEMI FINAL 1

Postby harvey k-tel » 22 Apr 2008, 13:48

A.

I can only wonder how B came this far.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Apr 2008, 14:54

After much consideration, it's the fact that one list improves as it goes on, the other doesn't.

B
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"
"'Seize the moments as they fly, know to live and learn to die'."

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 22 Apr 2008, 22:16

31 - 22 to A.

B was Leg of Lamb.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Leg of lamb
Jane Austen enthusiast

Re: BCB Cup 2008 - SEMI FINAL 1 - LEG OF LAMB OUT

Postby Leg of lamb » 23 Apr 2008, 00:29

Oh well.

To be honest, I'm glad lost and put up a fight in the semi-final. I think I'd have been absolutely paggered in the final.

One of the recurring themes of people commenting on my list has been that it's patchy or slight. No bad tracks there as far as I can see - in fact, nothing short of back to back bobby dazzlers. I'm pretty chuffed to have got to the semis with the Super Chrons, a Lee Perry album track (albeit his best song), All Saints, the Knife, MJ and a few other little things which are close to my heart. Actually, that's probably why it was seen as patchy. One thing I must repudiate is that it was those selections which were trying to cover bases. It was the Go-Betweens which I put in to do that!

Anyway, it's been awesome fun. I couldn't believe I got as far as I did. Cheers to the people who kept the faith (I'm thinking of Baron, Rank Bajin and TRGP above all) and good luck to A.
Brother Spoon wrote:I would probably enjoy this record more if it came to me in a brown paper bag filled with manure, instead of this richly illustrated disgrace to my eyes.