BCB Cup 2008 - Quarter Final 4 - MAGILLA OUT

gash’s trollish obsession
wannabee enfant terrible

Re: BCB Cup 2008 - Quarter Final 4 (Amended List)

Postby gash’s trollish obsession » 19 Apr 2008, 01:02

Two good lists here but too inconsistent to be great. A seems a little breezier, B seems a little more obvious in the choices of song (not a criticism ). The additions to both lists are faultless. A has half a dozen i'm not arsed about to B's five. A is magic from Donna Summer to the end, but has a scruffier run up to that but its this flow which has just won me over a bit more. I feel shitty for voting against Scott, Mission of Burma,Television,The Fall(their best i think),Television,Husker Du, Blondie,Byrds et al but

A even though it'll be knocked out next
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...yet it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce, didn't it?

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 19 Apr 2008, 10:01

B

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 19 Apr 2008, 18:37

A wins 29 - 22

B was Magilla.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Magilla
Otago Mago

Re: BCB Cup 2008 - Quarter Final 4 - MAGILLA OUT

Postby Magilla » 20 Apr 2008, 05:56

Well done A, that's a top list and one I've endorsed so far, (before this round, of course). There's a heaps of good stuff on it, including several bands / songs I'd happily have in my list. It's also got a wider variety of genres and eras, whereas I took a more "stick with what I know best" approach. Good luck for the semi-final, A.

While I've been knocked out, I can, however, take great satisfaction in having knocked out both of the previous champs and strong list from Diamond Dog. This year's Cup has been heaps of fun, thanks Griff.
"U2 routinely spent a year in the studio...I have a theory: if you put four monkeys in the studio for a year with Lanois and Eno and Lillywhite, they would make a pretty good record, too."