Which song do you wish you had chosen?

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Re: Which song do you wish you had chosen?

Postby Nikki Gradual » 16 Apr 2008, 15:39

Oscar wrote:Wire - Song 1. Well you would wouldn't you? With such a rich mine of material to choose from you would definitely choose this pointless and sub-standard instrumental. Unless of course you were sober or unaffected by strong hallucinogens or of sound mental ability or vaguely conscious. In which case you would avoid it like you would avoid a Brazilian wandering spider in your toilet.

I am quite looking forward to the next 8 entries!
He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Oscar
Northern Taoist

Postby Oscar » 16 Apr 2008, 16:01

Nikki Gradual wrote:I am quite looking forward to the next 8 entries!
Well it's a lucky coincidence then that I decided to revisit the velvet voice of Howard Tate singing "Ain’t nobody home". It confidently shuffles into the room with a finger-popping hipness and then the trademark horns punctuate the trademark groove and the trademark voice sings the trademark lyrics and I fuck off into the kitchen and just to escape the tedium. Has it finished yet? Oh god no he's singing "part time lover". Another track with the trademark horns which punctuate the trademark rnb groove and that trademark voice sings the trademark lyrics and... fuck this let's find the Kossof track.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 16 Apr 2008, 16:14

Oscar wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:I am quite looking forward to the next 8 entries!
Well it's a lucky coincidence then that I decided to revisit the velvet voice of Howard Tate singing "Ain’t nobody home". It confidently shuffles into the room with a finger-popping hipness and then the trademark horns punctuate the trademark groove and the trademark voice sings the trademark lyrics and I fuck off into the kitchen and just to escape the tedium. Has it finished yet? Oh god no he's singing "part time lover". Another track with the trademark horns which punctuate the trademark rnb groove and that trademark voice sings the trademark lyrics and... fuck this let's find the Kossof track.

3 down, 7 to go and your woeful reputation as a critic no doubt worsening marginally with every ill-advised lambasting of yet another great.

Oscar
Northern Taoist

Postby Oscar » 16 Apr 2008, 17:42

Nikki Gradual wrote:3 down, 7 to go and your woeful reputation as a critic no doubt worsening marginally with every ill-advised lambasting of yet another great.
As if this sad concoction of poor taste merited anything more than the pathetic efforts of my own third rate education. I’m slightly hesitant to say that the Patto track is “half-decent”. Like a poor man’s Jeff Beck Group (a very poor man, who lives in a hostel and raids the rubbish bins round the back of the local pizza takeaway). Mike Patto had a raspy voice just like Rod. Mind you, the poor fucker did have throat cancer.

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 16 Apr 2008, 18:04

Oscar wrote:
Nikki Gradual wrote:3 down, 7 to go and your woeful reputation as a critic no doubt worsening marginally with every ill-advised lambasting of yet another great.
As if this sad concoction of poor taste merited anything more than the pathetic efforts of my own third rate education. I’m slightly hesitant to say that the Patto track is “half-decent”. Like a poor man’s Jeff Beck Group (a very poor man, who lives in a hostel and raids the rubbish bins round the back of the local pizza takeaway). Mike Patto had a raspy voice just like Rod. Mind you, the poor fucker did have throat cancer.

You received a third-rate education? I assumed you hadn't had any education at all and were down the pits at 3 with a garden trowel in your hand and a bicycle light strapped to your forhead with one of these...

Oscar
Northern Taoist

Postby Oscar » 16 Apr 2008, 18:35

Nikki Gradual wrote:You received a third-rate education? I assumed you hadn't had any education at all and were down the pits at 3 with a garden trowel in your hand and a bicycle light strapped to your forhead with one of these...

Excerpt from Catherine Cookson’s Novel, ‘The Collier’s Leg’

Aye lass, tha can ready my snap tin for me and bairn while I fasten his rasta belt round his pit bonnet. An’ he’ll need a fresh nappy if he’s startin’ his first shift down pit today. Praise ye Jah Hail di emperor Selassie!