BCB CUP 2008 - Round 1 Match 25 - PILEDRIVER OUT

Jude
Turkey Boy (and destroyer of Spam Filters)
Location: Near Bradford's surrounding areas which encompass the city of Bradford (A small village near Leeds)

Re: BCB CUP 2008 - Round 1 Match 25

Postby Jude » 03 Apr 2008, 20:39

A
Betty Denim wrote:And, quite frankly, if I had been raped and you said to me 'well yeah, it's crap innit; it's like that time I had to have a turnip curry' I'd do more than insult you.

The Write Profile
2017 BCB Cup Champ

Postby The Write Profile » 03 Apr 2008, 22:27

Stupid Giraffe wrote:There's no denying the greatness of many of the songs on A's list (and unlike many, I can quite happily forgive one aberration - we all have our little peccadillos and it shows a list is hearfelt), but some of B's picks have a special place in my heart, not least "The Young Mod's Forgotten Story" and the quite breathtaking "past, Present and Future," not to mention the irresistible Jackie Wilson song.

I'll forgive the Roxy Music song and go with B.

Yeah, that's how I feel about it too, I don't necessarily agree with all the choices, and A is more consistent song-for-song, but as mad as it is, I'd much rather listen to B, even allowing for the occasional strange choice- of all the Roxy songs, why that one?- because of the things that griff mentioned.

B, but only just.
It's before my time but I've been told, he never came back from Karangahape Road.

German Dave
Utter Cad

Postby German Dave » 04 Apr 2008, 08:41

B pulled away in a Match that was neck and neck for a while, winning 23 - 34

A was Piledriver.
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: BCB CUP 2008 - Round 1 Match 25 - PILEDRIVER OUT

Postby Copehead » 06 Apr 2008, 01:30

I can't see how Piledriver lost that one.

There is a huge amount of inverse snobbery in some people's voting, it is almost a case of "these songs are too well known so I won't vote for them"

There well known for a reason - because, most, of them are fucking brilliant ( I except Moby Dick from that ).

I despair some times, I thought we were voting for good lists of music not for which lists make us feel the smuggest.

Bad luck Piledriver I thought your list spanking.
You've rendered that scaffolding dangerous

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 06 Apr 2008, 01:44

Copehead wrote:I can't see how Piledriver lost that one.

There is a huge amount of inverse snobbery in some people's voting, it is almost a case of "these songs are too well known so I won't vote for them"

There well known for a reason - because, most, of them are fucking brilliant ( I except Moby Dick from that ).

I despair some times, I thought we were voting for good lists of music not for which lists make us feel the smuggest.

I definitely thought it was the better of the 2, even though it didn't give me a rager at the same time, but you have a very good point. It does turn into a bit of an obscure-a-thon at times, as in something that isn't as loved by the general unwashed must be better. Stupid theory. Its good no matter how many other people like it.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

The Driver
Hippy Replacement

Postby The Driver » 07 Apr 2008, 13:48

The Red Heifer wrote:
Copehead wrote:I can't see how Piledriver lost that one.

I definitely thought it was the better of the 2, even though it didn't give me a rager at the same time, but you have a very good point. It does turn into a bit of an obscure-a-thon at times, as in something that isn't as loved by the general unwashed must be better. Stupid theory. Its good no matter how many other people like it.

Your comments are much appreciated. It was an honest list of tracks I thought were good (hell, the inclusion of Moby Dick shows it was honest).

My voting has always been based on familiarity rather than cleverness, but each to their own. It's only a bit of fun, after all. I'm not at all offended (despite my jokey comment in the recriminations thread).
He's an idiot savant. Without the savant.