Bitter Recriminations 2008 Deluxe Edition

Davey the Fat Boy

Re: Bitter Recriminations 2008 Deluxe Edition

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 17 Apr 2008, 17:40

Diamond Dog wrote:
Davey the Fat Boy wrote:
The Modernist! wrote:"She's Gone" is the tastemakers Hall & Oates of choice.

"Sara Smile" is even better.

With the greatest of respect "I've Never Been To Me" is better.

On what planet?
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 17 Apr 2008, 20:17

Only on BCB can a thread specifically designed for people to insult others' tastes turn into a discussion about what the coolest Hall and Oates song is.
Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

brotherlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby brotherlouie » 17 Apr 2008, 22:24

penk! wrote:Only on BCB can a thread specifically designed for people to insult others' tastes turn into a discussion about what the coolest Hall and Oates song is.

I vote any run off groove on any of their records.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 19 Apr 2008, 18:46

There I go.

I expected myself to be more bitter really, but I think in the end I was resigned to not winning the thing. I had a good innings, really - I'd thought that the inherent rockist tendencies of BCB would see any more eclectic lists given the boot far earlier, but Geraint and I have both given the finger to that idea. All the lists remaining are good, so good luck to all of them.
Thanks to everyone who voted for me - gentlemen one and all, unless you're a woman.
Next year, I'll make sure to include more Stooges songs...
Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 19 Apr 2008, 21:55

penk! wrote:There I go.

I expected myself to be more bitter really, but I think in the end I was resigned to not winning the thing. I had a good innings, really - I'd thought that the inherent rockist tendencies of BCB would see any more eclectic lists given the boot far earlier, but Geraint and I have both given the finger to that idea. All the lists remaining are good, so good luck to all of them.
Thanks to everyone who voted for me - gentlemen one and all, unless you're a woman.
Next year, I'll make sure to include more Stooges songs...

Both Geraint and yourself had excellent lists that I'm sorry to see go.
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 20 Apr 2008, 00:22

I suppose I better recriminate about my Round 3 departure, the blood pressure has lowered and the shotguns are all back under the bed.

Although I knew I'd never win because I don't have this tendency to cram my list with soul (terrible I know), I thought my list would get more respect than it did, because it was interesting.

Clearly not. Next year it'll have to be crammed to the hilt with precious soul nonsense. :roll:
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Doctor Jimmy
Continental Fuckwit

Postby Doctor Jimmy » 20 Apr 2008, 00:30

Oh, the lists are supposed to be interesting. I thought we all just put down some songs we actually like very much. But then again, who could ever like soul, right? Apart from a couple of million people who enjoy listening to music rather than moaning about how bad other people's tastes are.

Doctor Jimmy
Continental Fuckwit

Postby Doctor Jimmy » 20 Apr 2008, 00:32

I don't mind being eliminated, by the way. It was fun playing the game.

Matt Harringay
Utter Cad

Postby Matt Harringay » 20 Apr 2008, 00:37

Doctor Jimmy wrote:I don't mind being eliminated, by the way. It was fun playing the game.

Very poor. :(
Goat Boy wrote:TVc 15 rocks my world. The chorus makes me want to fuck a horse.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 20 Apr 2008, 00:44

Doctor Jimmy wrote:Oh, the lists are supposed to be interesting. I thought we all just put down some songs we actually like very much. But then again, who could ever like soul, right? Apart from a couple of million people who enjoy listening to music rather than moaning about how bad other people's tastes are.

I don't really care, you're meant to write this sort of shit here :D
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 22 Apr 2008, 09:15

Science lesson memories of school intrigued me enough to check out roygbiv…and what a disappointment. It’s pleasant enough, I suppose, but it goes nowhere: I may have gone out in the first round, but I’m glad I chose Kometenmolodie2 by Kraftwerk rather than this: that is the real deal.

brotherlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby brotherlouie » 22 Apr 2008, 09:23

The Rokster wrote:Science lesson memories of school intrigued me enough to check out roygbiv…and what a disappointment. It’s pleasant enough, I suppose, but it goes nowhere: I may have gone out in the first round, but I’m glad I chose Kometenmolodie2 by Kraftwerk rather than this: that is the real deal.

And youdid go out to me, so no shame there. ;)

C
Robust

Postby C » 23 Apr 2008, 22:15

The Rokster wrote:Kometenmolodie2

A highlight of this year.

That and Low Spark

That's almost it really and a few ragas

neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

Duncan

Postby Duncan » 24 Apr 2008, 10:34

As the BCB Cup equivalent of Barnsley, I've been punching above my weight since the first round, but it's still a bitch to get knocked out by two measly votes. To be fair though, I genuinely expected to get dumped out in the early stages. Also, my taste in general is fairly removed from BCB's centre of gravity, and this was my first ever cup, so I can't really complain, however, seeing as though this thread is here, I'm going to anyway.
You're all dead to me. I can only assume that I lost because, at this stage, it has nothing to do with taste and everything to do with who you know. And I don't know anyone. You incestuous bastards. I hope that you're all suffer uncomfortable injuries during some sort of freak penguin stampede on your way home from work.

Thank you xxx
Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb...

Matt Harringay
Utter Cad

Postby Matt Harringay » 24 Apr 2008, 10:35

Sgt Pepper wrote:As the BCB Cup equivalent of Barnsley, I've been punching above my weight since the first round, but it's still a bitch to get knocked out by two measly votes. To be fair though, I genuinely expected to get dumped out in the early stages. Also, my taste in general is fairly removed from BCB's centre of gravity, and this was my first ever cup, so I can't really complain, however, seeing as though this thread is here, I'm going to anyway.
You're all dead to me. I can only assume that I lost because, at this stage, it has nothing to do with taste and everything to do with who you know. And I don't know anyone. You incestuous bastards. I hope that you're all suffer uncomfortable injuries during some sort of freak penguin stampede on your way home from work.

Thank you xxx

Magnificent.
Goat Boy wrote:TVc 15 rocks my world. The chorus makes me want to fuck a horse.

C
Robust

Postby C » 25 Apr 2008, 23:29

The Red Heifer wrote:Next year it'll have to be crammed to the hilt with precious .....nonsense. :roll:

Yes.

2008 was my last year

neville harp wrote:God bless you brother C x

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 26 Apr 2008, 00:26

Carlsson wrote:
The Red Heifer wrote:Next year it'll have to be crammed to the hilt with precious .....nonsense. :roll:

Yes.

2008 was my last year

Your list was interesting though. If you weren't pitted against my own I'd have been tempted to look up the raga. I still will when I have time. I'm sure it's more interesting than your stock standard Motown/Stax fare that everyone says is the pinnacle of all music whilst creaming their jeans.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 01 May 2008, 18:02

I still say I was robbed.
Marginal BCB contributor since 2006

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 01 May 2008, 18:37

I was robbed too.

But at least I was beaten by Coan who made it all the way to the final. If I hadn't been, who knows?

Last time I pick a newish hit, though. :evil:
sloopjohnc wrote:I know I picked the Diamondbacks, but they were the wildcard. Next teams will be a little tougher.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017!

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 30 Dec 2008, 04:36

Boy, this section is even deader than Small Ads. Why is it so high in the lineup? :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -