NOT the BIZARRO BCB CUP Round 1, Match 6 - Pet Clark WINS!!!

1# oɹɹɐzıq

Postby 1# oɹɹɐzıq » 06 Jun 2007, 19:34

A - 2
B - 13

A ISN'T Petulant Clarksville!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

B - Don't send 5 more to Bizarro.

petulant clarksville

Re: NOT the BIZARRO BCB CUP Round 1, Match 6 - Pet Clark WIN

Postby petulant clarksville » 06 Jun 2007, 21:08

HOORAY! i WIN!!! ETC.

count machuki wrote: it seems as if 'a' might be confused about what truly bad music is.

Confused ? You're right, I'm completely confused about almost everything. Or am I? :? No, I'm not! I'm not the least bit confused about what songs I hate! The fact that I voted against myself and then PMed Bizarro to ask him to ignore it and then PMed him again to ask him to disqualify me (or not) is quite beside the point. Probably. And probably not.

I'm probably just too lazy and self-obsessed to really spend much time wondering what songs other people are likely to hate. Obviously loads of other people must like these songs a lot or the songs wouldn't have spent so much of their time IN MY FACE.

WATCH OUT NOW, I'M GOING TO VENT MY SPLEEN......

John Lennon - Woman Well, Yoko may have been too polite to ask for the sick bowl, but I'm not.
Chris de Burgh - Lady in Red A very romantic nightmare of toe-curling awfulness.
Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay Bob, I wouldn't normally turn down a top-notch songwriter, but lay across my big brass bed? Really you're just asking for a knee in the balls with this. Stick with the ravens!
Roy Orbison - Crying Roy, I have a lot of respect for you but this is appalling whiney nonsense.
Tim Buckley - Dolphins Yeah, I feel a bit sorry for putting you in here with this lot, Tim. But I just don't care for it. At all. Sorry.
Whitney Houston - I will Always Love You Nothing at all wrong with this except for the sound of it. And the multi-headed monsters it seems to have spawned.
Nena - 99 Red Balloons Oh, this was just a filler. I should have put Scott Walker here. (Psoriatic, probably. Because if you had that disease, the song would really make you feel better, wouldn't it?)
Joe Dolce - Shuddup Your Face Again, I'm not the least bit pleased with this selection, it was lazy. Any fool could hate this, there's no skill in it whatsoever. Ashamed of that. I should have chosen Fight, by the Rolling Stones. That's a miserable little song lurking in a forgotten corner that should be dragged out into the open and given a good thrashing.
Van Halen - Jump! Off a cliff!
Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver Lining Yes. Are you drunk, at the end of a party? Do you need an excuse to put your arms around your best mate and stagger around the room in an ever lengthening chorus line of stupidity, trampling on wallflowers who have been waiting all night to be asked to dance, and will you then get into a fight on the way home and round off the evening by vomiting all over your mother's hall carpet? If so, this one's for you! Enjoy!
Er... IMO*

*Which, of course, stands for It's Mightily Obvious.

petulant clarksville

Postby petulant clarksville » 07 Jun 2007, 12:33

I would just like to thank The Moddie Experience and the Scarlet Bovine personally for my two precious votes. And Moddie, you actually voted for two of my selections! Rather than against the Smiths track, which is of course an excellent song. B is clearly confused about what truly bad music is! And so on.