ROUND 3 - MATCH 2 - Jeff K

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 22 May 2007, 08:49

Leg of lamb wrote:A continues to excel. Anyone sticking in two quality reggae tracks at this stage, with votes at such a premium, is alright by me.

Reggae has definitely featured much more than in previous years and has usually been a vote winner too.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 22 May 2007, 14:37

B
I run out of talent

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 22 May 2007, 18:34

A, handily.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 23 May 2007, 04:50

A

Again by a tiny tiny margin. This match was close also. A was just a bit more creative with the choices.
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 23 May 2007, 15:55

A

Very nice list.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Marquis de Scarborough
Not Nobility

Postby Marquis de Scarborough » 23 May 2007, 19:46

A for me
GoatBoy wrote: Honestly, if Angelina Jolie had a Wolverhampton accent I think I’d have to restrict her to just a blow job.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough...

Tapiocahead

Postby Tapiocahead » 23 May 2007, 23:01

I get..

A - 22
B - 18

Which means that Jeff K is out,
Fishstick selling fuck

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 23 May 2007, 23:11

Mr Tapioca wrote:Jeff K is out

it doesn't surprise me. he always had shit taste.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 23 May 2007, 23:12

I had the most flawless, perfect list of songs all ready to go but the board ate it up. So I had to send my inferior list instead. If I got my list in after Jethro moved the server, I would have won. However, it does give me some satisfaction that davey the fat boy voted for my cool selection of songs each time.

Seriously, I have a sneaking suspicion I know who 'A' is and if it's who I think it is, there's no shame in losing to this classy poster.

Excellent job, 'A'!
the science eel experiment wrote:Jesus Christ can't save BCB, i believe i can.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 23 May 2007, 23:14

Wow.
The king is dead.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 23 May 2007, 23:18

i remember jeff telling me i voted against him at every turn last year and it happened on this thread, too. it's odd because i trust jeff's taste more than nearly anyone on the board. :? :(

mind you, he was a right smug cunt when he won, wasn't he?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 23 May 2007, 23:22

The Very Reverend Giraffe wrote:i remember jeff telling me i voted against him at every turn last year and it happened on this thread, too. it's odd because i trust jeff's taste more than nearly anyone on the board. :? :(

Each time you had to 'think' about it and each time you came back and picked the other person. :lol:

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 23 May 2007, 23:36

Jeff K wrote:
The Very Reverend Giraffe wrote:i remember jeff telling me i voted against him at every turn last year and it happened on this thread, too. it's odd because i trust jeff's taste more than nearly anyone on the board. :? :(

Each time you had to 'think' about it and each time you came back and picked the other person. :lol:

that is actually rather funny. :lol:

all you had to do was put a wah! song in, jeff. it's not like i haven't inundated you with enough. :roll:
Goatboy to Belle:

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 23 May 2007, 23:44

The Very Reverend Giraffe wrote:
Jeff K wrote:

that is actually rather funny. :lol:

all you had to do was put a wah! song in, jeff. it's not like i haven't inundated you with enough. :roll:

There's always next year.

I did choose a song from the Sound but apparently that wasn't enough.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 23 May 2007, 23:54

Jeff K wrote:
I did choose a song from the Sound but apparently that wasn't enough.

it was noted. you just chose the wrong one.
Goatboy to Belle:

moonie

Postby moonie » 24 May 2007, 00:38

Jeff, if that's your "b" list, I'd hate like hell to see your top picks...

It was a great list. You know I'm a sucker for that Spoonful track...

Jeff K
The Original K

Postby Jeff K » 24 May 2007, 00:45

moonie wrote:Jeff, if that's your "b" list, I'd hate like hell to see your top picks...

Every year I wanted to put Darlin' Be Home Soon on my list but I ended up forgetting. This year I remembered and I lost. :lol:

A great song, nevertheless. One of those tunes that makes you stop whatever it is you're doing and just listen.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 24 May 2007, 00:52

Jeff K wrote:
moonie wrote:Jeff, if that's your "b" list, I'd hate like hell to see your top picks...

Every year I wanted to put Darlin' Be Home Soon on my list but I ended up forgetting. This year I remembered and I lost. :lol:

A great song, nevertheless. One of those tunes that makes you stop whatever it is you're doing and just listen.

I think I may have picked it last year..I can't remember. But it is fantastic, I love the way it builds from something quite tender and personal to a triumphant crescendo.
Gets me everytime.

The Write Profile
2017 BCB Cup Champ

Postby The Write Profile » 24 May 2007, 00:55

The Moddie Experience! wrote:
Jeff K wrote:

I think I may have picked it last year..I can't remember. But it is fantastic, I love the way it builds from something quite tender and personal to a triumphant crescendo.
Gets me everytime.

It's certainly better than Tom Petty's "American Girl," that's for sure. Actually I was surprised this was Jeff's list, I had another list (still in the competition at the time of posting) to be it. I voted against that one too, which is strange, considering that was a good list as well. Regardless, Jeff's list was full of great, great songs (and Tom Petty's "American Girl"), so it's a shame it had to exit at this early stage. I'm sure Jeff will go into reconditioning training for next year's comp.
It's before my time but I've been told, he never came back from Karangahape Road.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 24 May 2007, 08:32

Shock! It's a shame my 2 favourite remaining lists got paired up against each other.

Don't worry fallen king, all the good, inventive lists get kicked out in the third round ;)
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?