BITTER RECRIMINATIONS 2007 REMIX

Marquis de Scarborough
Not Nobility

Postby Marquis de Scarborough » 21 Jun 2007, 10:35

Well I suppose I should bitterly recriminate myself now, but after a couple of days to reflect I'm not bitter at all.

One or two things do stick in the mind though. Comments like "I have issues with a few of his more obvious selections" and "It's like he only knows one song by each of the artists". WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN? I mean, if you stick more than one track by an artist in then you are considered to have no imagination. If you stick a well known track by an artist in then you are considered to have no imagination. If you stick an obscure track by an artist in then you are considered to be showing off and you'll lose votes by virtue of people not knowing the track and not being arsed to search it out. I can only conclude that people making comments like this are pretentious cunts bitter at getting knocked out early. What is "obvious" anyway? It's MY list, so i don't see how anyone can decide that anything I put is obvious. Popular? yes, especially with me, that's the point. Well known? Maybe, probably because it's fucking good. Obvious? Fuck off you cunt.

The whole contest is meant to be about picking tracks that you love, tracks that you would defend to the hilt, not about displaying your skills at making mixtapes ("the tracks segue better" ffs) or showing just how clever you are because you've put half a dozen ultra obscure 50's rarities in your first 10. I mean someone in the early rounds was losing votes because their tracks were in alphabetical order! What a load of old cock that is! Considering that you have to add 5 tracks each round of course the whole segue of the list is going to be out of balance. They were accused of making no effort! What about the songs? That's all that should count here.

I can't complain too much as I made it through to the final and was beaten by someone whose list was considered by many to include more tracks that they liked, and that the bribes he had offered in exchange for the votes were considerably more than my nothing at all. However it is really irritating to read these ridiculous comments from people that I'd considered to be quite intelligent.

Anyway, well done Andy. I'm glad I had to lose to a mate if I had to lose at all. Your list wasn't as good as mine though!
GoatBoy wrote: Honestly, if Angelina Jolie had a Wolverhampton accent I think I’d have to restrict her to just a blow job.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough...

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 21 Jun 2007, 21:23

What is "obvious" anyway? It's MY list, so i don't see how anyone can decide that anything I put is obvious.

The point is, you have to judge the list on something right? By obvious, what I mean is that Im sick of that particular track - simple as that. Not that the track is bad, or popular but that to me it is overly familiar, tired and worn out. To some people a certain track will always sound fresh, and new and they may hear something new in it all the time, or it reminds them of a certain time and place and therefore they dont get sick of it. There are lots of 'obvious' tracks that are like that to me. "Surfs Up" for example is something I will never get sick of hearing. "Teen Spirit" on the other hand bores me now, it may still be fresh to you, but not to me, and the only way for me to judge a list is to judge it on the way I feel about the songs
My list was accused of all sorts of heinous crimes - when in fact it was just a list of songs I love - as Im sure yours is.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 22 Jun 2007, 12:54

I'm just happy Modest Mouse made a list in the end :)
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 22 Jun 2007, 13:28

Marquis de Scarborough wrote:Well I suppose I should bitterly recriminate myself now, but after a couple of days to reflect I'm not bitter at all.

One or two things do stick in the mind though. Comments like "I have issues with a few of his more obvious selections" and "It's like he only knows one song by each of the artists". WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN? I mean, if you stick more than one track by an artist in then you are considered to have no imagination. If you stick a well known track by an artist in then you are considered to have no imagination. If you stick an obscure track by an artist in then you are considered to be showing off and you'll lose votes by virtue of people not knowing the track and not being arsed to search it out. I can only conclude that people making comments like this are pretentious cunts bitter at getting knocked out early. What is "obvious" anyway? It's MY list, so i don't see how anyone can decide that anything I put is obvious. Popular? yes, especially with me, that's the point. Well known? Maybe, probably because it's fucking good. Obvious? Fuck off you cunt.

The whole contest is meant to be about picking tracks that you love, tracks that you would defend to the hilt, not about displaying your skills at making mixtapes ("the tracks segue better" ffs) or showing just how clever you are because you've put half a dozen ultra obscure 50's rarities in your first 10. I mean someone in the early rounds was losing votes because their tracks were in alphabetical order! What a load of old cock that is! Considering that you have to add 5 tracks each round of course the whole segue of the list is going to be out of balance. They were accused of making no effort! What about the songs? That's all that should count here.

I can't complain too much as I made it through to the final and was beaten by someone whose list was considered by many to include more tracks that they liked, and that the bribes he had offered in exchange for the votes were considerably more than my nothing at all. However it is really irritating to read these ridiculous comments from people that I'd considered to be quite intelligent.

Anyway, well done Andy. I'm glad I had to lose to a mate if I had to lose at all. Your list wasn't as good as mine though!

Ooooooo! Get Her!

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 22 Jun 2007, 14:19

The Prof wrote:
Marquis de Scarborough wrote:Well I suppose I should bitterly recriminate myself now, but after a couple of days to reflect I'm not bitter at all.

Ooooooo! Get Her!

Exactly, just imagine the tirade if his bunch of rather too obvious choices that suggest he only knows one song by each artist had gone out in the first round!
He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

&
The John Coan it's FUN to hug

Re:

Postby & » 22 Nov 2007, 10:26

moonie wrote:Who the hell picked Another Girl, Another Planet, AGAIN!

That is one seriously dumb song.
"You're a rude and ignorant individual and I hope you get no sleep tonight." - Sir John Coan

moonie

Re: BITTER RECRIMINATIONS 2007 REMIX

Postby moonie » 23 Nov 2007, 19:22

I don't think it's a dumb song, just a bit over-used by the musically elite.

&
The John Coan it's FUN to hug

Postby & » 25 Nov 2007, 11:25

It's nothing really special. It might be likeable, but it's hardly the work of a master.

And then there's the elitists.
"You're a rude and ignorant individual and I hope you get no sleep tonight." - Sir John Coan

German Dave
Utter Cad

Postby German Dave » 22 Mar 2008, 23:12

angshu wrote:It's nothing really special.

Actually, you're very wrong there.
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Re:

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Mar 2008, 23:14

angshu wrote:
moonie wrote:Who the hell picked Another Girl, Another Planet, AGAIN!

That is one seriously dumb song.

Its my favourite song, of all time, ever.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Mar 2008, 23:17

angshu wrote:It's nothing really special. It might be likeable, but it's hardly the work of a master.

And then there's the elitists.

What is elitist about utterly relishing three minutes of joyous, tuneful, cheeky, danceble, moshable, hug to your fucking chest and love it because it reminds you of an era when everything was musically possible and your brothers mates all looked hot in leather?

Groaning on about prog is elitist.

Loving AGAP elitist? Give me a break!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?