BITTER RECRIMINATIONS 2007 REMIX

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

BITTER RECRIMINATIONS 2007 REMIX

Postby Butch Manly » 11 Apr 2007, 00:41

WITH ADDED VITRIOL, PLEASE!

don't hold back, people. you know you wus fuckin' robbed!

(RULES: 1. moan like fuck - this is crucial. 2. don't spare anyone's feelings but your own - fuck 'em. you don't even know them, anyway. 3. be as petty and petulant as you were feeling at that point when you were dumped out of this stupid competition 4. slag off the pile of utter shite that somehow beat you. 5. generally act like a complete arse 6. apologise to no-one)
Last edited by Butch Manly on 12 Apr 2007, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 11 Apr 2007, 11:51

ok, moan number one:

i was thinking myself of doing a points scoring system as leg of lamb and, i think, copehead have but the thing about giving tracks i don't know no points bothered me. it seems to me that such a system will make everyone go for boring, please-all selections which would be bad for the cup. this is, i think, a real issue, especially if more people do start to use scoring systems.

i might still do a marks out of five system but if i do i will give any tracks i don't know three marks on the assumption that i'd probably find them more average than awful, overall, if i heard them. that still gives me leeway to give any stinkers one point and any classics five.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Owen
definitely not Travolta

Postby Owen » 11 Apr 2007, 11:56

yeah, i always assume that if there's a track there i don't know it is presumably of the same standard as the rest but i know from previous years that a lot of people just go on the assumption of 'if it was good i would have heard it'.

While we're still at that calm pre-Ha Ha Wanker stage i wondered how everyone else had approached doing this for the third or second time. I tried really hard not to pick things i'd used before and was left with a list that I couldn't really recognise as my top ten at all. All stuff i like obviously but none of those songs that have stayed in my list of favourites for years.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Apr 2007, 11:56

I don't really trust the points thing as I don't believe people have always heard the tracks they're giving points to.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 11 Apr 2007, 12:06

if you take match 4, a system where i'd given no points at all to anything i hadn't heard would have absolutely buried B whereas giving each unknown song 3 out of 5 at least had it in with a shout. i'm sure there's plenty on there i'd at least not despise and surely zero out of five should be reserved for the likes of "lady in red" or "shadapp you face."
Goatboy to Belle:

Marquis de Scarborough
Not Nobility

Postby Marquis de Scarborough » 11 Apr 2007, 12:21

The Mighty Giraffe! wrote:if you take match 4, a system where i'd given no points at all to anything i hadn't heard would have absolutely buried B whereas giving each unknown song 3 out of 5 at least had it in with a shout. i'm sure there's plenty on there i'd at least not despise and surely zero out of five should be reserved for the likes of "lady in red" or "shadapp you face."

Whatsa madda you?

Personally I will try to listen to every song I don't know before voting. If possible of course.
GoatBoy wrote: Honestly, if Angelina Jolie had a Wolverhampton accent I think I’d have to restrict her to just a blow job.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough...

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 11 Apr 2007, 14:36

I don't know why people just don't go and fucking try to LISTEN TO THE SHIT THEY HAVEN'T HEARD. Go with the Marquis's idea, especially since maybe some of us out-of-towners might put some local favourites. Some dickhead washout thought Darcy Clay was a country artist for fucks sake!
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

marios

Postby marios » 11 Apr 2007, 16:03

The Red Heifer wrote:I don't know why people just don't go and fucking try to LISTEN TO THE SHIT THEY HAVEN'T HEARD.

The easy thing to do is to try your luck with youtube, if you don't have the means to actually download songs. It's the sensible thing to do, instead of writing off a list completely because there are 2-3 songs on it you're not familiar with.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 11 Apr 2007, 18:57

The youtube link is a good idea, especially with my selections.... :lol:

marios

Postby marios » 11 Apr 2007, 20:47

Bleep wrote:The youtube link is a good idea, especially with my selections.... :lol:

Unfortunately, one of my selections only exists on youtube as a live DJ performance in a club, so you can't fully appreciate it.

Maybe in the next round those who qualify can send their next 5 to Tapioca along with youtube links for the ones they think most posters might be unfamiliar with. Doesn't sound too difficult, just add the youtube URL under the song.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 11 Apr 2007, 20:49

Owen wrote:While we're still at that calm pre-Ha Ha Wanker stage i wondered how everyone else had approached doing this for the third or second time. I tried really hard not to pick things i'd used before and was left with a list that I couldn't really recognise as my top ten at all. All stuff i like obviously but none of those songs that have stayed in my list of favourites for years.

I´ve avoided using any songs I´ve used before or in fact any that were in my top 50 for Coan´s thing last year, I think people who know me well might be able to recognise my list but I just picked stuff I´ve been listening to loads over the last six months or so really.

If there´s stuff on a list I haven´t heard then I just ignore it and base my decision on how much of the stuff I have, I don´t have a computer of my own so can´t really go rooting around on youtube or anything.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 11 Apr 2007, 20:51

= marios = wrote: Doesn't sound too difficult, just add the youtube URL under the song.

Good idea..although with most of my selections there's no footage available!

marios

Postby marios » 11 Apr 2007, 20:52

Corporal Moddie! wrote:
= marios = wrote: Doesn't sound too difficult, just add the youtube URL under the song.

Good idea..although with most of my selections there's no footage available!

We only need sound.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 11 Apr 2007, 23:17

The Red Heifer wrote:I don't know why people just don't go and fucking try to LISTEN TO THE SHIT THEY HAVEN'T HEARD.

There's no way I would have the time to search for and download every song on these lists I've never heard.

moonie

Postby moonie » 12 Apr 2007, 02:50

Who the hell picked Another Girl, Another Planet, AGAIN!

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 12 Apr 2007, 02:55

I spent a good few hours selecting and programming, and playing, my list last time, only to be shot out of the water and humiliated like a mangy dog in an old west town. This time I spent 10 minutes on it. And avoided any temptation to annoy Mr Tapioca by changing the list. As the Russain proverb goes, 'hope for the best, expect the worst'. Of course it's probably not a Russian proverb at all.
king of the divan

moonie

Postby moonie » 12 Apr 2007, 03:27

goldwax wrote:
moonie wrote:Who the hell picked Another Girl, Another Planet, AGAIN!

Another Girl, Another Planet, Another BCB Cup

Bring it on, Toots! I've picked song NO ONE can vote against, and sleep at night.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 12 Apr 2007, 03:38

moonie wrote:
goldwax wrote:
moonie wrote:Who the hell picked Another Girl, Another Planet, AGAIN!

Another Girl, Another Planet, Another BCB Cup

Bring it on, Toots!

If it's gonna be Toots, for godsakes, make it "Funky Kingston" or something instead of freakin' "Pressure Drop"
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 12 Apr 2007, 08:11

Corporal Moddie! wrote:I don't really trust the points thing as I don't believe people have always heard the tracks they're giving points to.

This true but there are ways around that, viz:

5 for a classic
4 for a good song and artist
3 for a good song by a mediocre artist or good artist doing a mediocre song
2 for a so so song, or a song not heard by and OK artist
1 For an hateful piece of crap or an unknown song by an unknown artist

That's how I am doing it

But I will admit it isn't exactly rigorous, but betterthan last year where my gut instinct ruled.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 12 Apr 2007, 08:42

Let's be honest here, who else has a dealbreaker regarding an artist? As in "Stone Roses/Tori Amos/Swell Maps/Pooh Sticks? No fucking way"
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?