ROUND 3 MATCH 5 - Django out

User avatar
T. Berry Shuffle
sharp-eyed archivist
Posts: 3826
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 02:56
Location: The Vulcan Gas Company

Postby T. Berry Shuffle » 11 Mar 2006, 13:32

ferkineel

:?:
You read that in a book, didn't you?!

User avatar
Django
Posts: 13367
Joined: 28 Sep 2004, 14:33
Contact:

Re: ROUND 3 MATCH 5

Postby Django » 11 Mar 2006, 18:15

le professeur wrote:
Jumper K wrote:A....

Massive Attack- Unfinished Sympathy second best thing they've done - official
Grandmaster & Melle Melle- White Lines (Don't Don't Do It) Faultless
Wilson Pickett- 6345789 (That's My Number) Great
DJ Shadow- Building Steam With A Grain of Salt Meh!
Jonathon Richman & the Modern Lovers- Roadrunner (Pts. 1 & 2) Dull, lifeless and shite
Underworld- Born Slippy See Jonathan Richman
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terril- Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing Average
The Clash- (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais OK
David Bowie- Sound & Vision C'mon Sparks are so much better
The Chills- Pink Frost good choice, like it
Jay-Z- 99 Problems Shite - you obviously don't like hip-hop
Husker Du- New Day Rising - Bob screams, better served by Ice Cold Ice
Chic- Good Times Unimpeachable
James Brown- Give it Up or Turnit Loose See Chic
The Exciters- Tell Him. Not exciting
Max Romeo- Chase the Devil Good, not great
Gregory Isaacs- Tune In ?????
Al Green- Simply Beautiful Too soppy
ODB- Got Your Money You really don't like hip-hop do you?
The Kinks- I'm Not Like Everybody Else Neither am I - shite.

B....

Over the Hill - John Martyn Dreadful
Sure Shot - Beastie Boys Average
World Turned Upside Down - Dick Gaughan Nice choice
Debaser - Pixies Obvious but I'll let you off
Concrete Schoolyard - Jurassic 5 Overplayed, overhyped overandoutRock & Roll - The Velvet Underground Surely some mistake? Rock and Roll and the VU? When did that happen?
I Want to see the Bright Lights Tonight - Richard & Linda Thompson Fuck off and see them then
Dalliance - The Wedding Present Good
Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis - Tom Waits Like it, but not much
Everything in it's Right Place - Radiohead obviously not in this list it isn't
Hideous Towns - The Sundays Hideous clowns
Protection - Massive Attack 14th best track, official
Helicopter - M Ward Meh
Murder, Tonight, in the Trailer Park - Cowboy Junkies Thats how I felt when I listened to it
Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones Faultless
Jackass - Beck As good as the programme
The Saturday Boy - Billy Bragg Today is Friday, I rest my case
Born to Lose - Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers Great
Handshake Drugs - Wilco Dreadful
Summer in the City - The Lovin' Spoonful superb

So another difficult choice, I really want to vote for A but the hip-hop choices are rank and there is a definite air of the broad spectrum cover all bases theme.
B has some good tracksbut is let down by a pervading air of stagnant mediocrity.
Its the holy triumverate of Chic, JB and Massive against their Satanic Majesties and err Massive.
A[/i]


Keep it up Frank - that was a good read :D


Oh yes, keep it up, Frank, you're fucking hilarious. Ha diddly ha ha. No doubt you'll have your tickling stick out next, YOU COCK.
Lid P wrote:Ozzy bit a cow in half and there was milk everywhere


Image

Jumper k

Re: ROUND 3 MATCH 5

Postby Jumper k » 12 Mar 2006, 12:01

django wrote:
le professeur wrote:
Jumper K wrote:A....

Massive Attack- Unfinished Sympathy second best thing they've done - official
Grandmaster & Melle Melle- White Lines (Don't Don't Do It) Faultless
Wilson Pickett- 6345789 (That's My Number) Great
DJ Shadow- Building Steam With A Grain of Salt Meh!
Jonathon Richman & the Modern Lovers- Roadrunner (Pts. 1 & 2) Dull, lifeless and shite
Underworld- Born Slippy See Jonathan Richman
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terril- Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing Average
The Clash- (White Man) in Hammersmith Palais OK
David Bowie- Sound & Vision C'mon Sparks are so much better
The Chills- Pink Frost good choice, like it
Jay-Z- 99 Problems Shite - you obviously don't like hip-hop
Husker Du- New Day Rising - Bob screams, better served by Ice Cold Ice
Chic- Good Times Unimpeachable
James Brown- Give it Up or Turnit Loose See Chic
The Exciters- Tell Him. Not exciting
Max Romeo- Chase the Devil Good, not great
Gregory Isaacs- Tune In ?????
Al Green- Simply Beautiful Too soppy
ODB- Got Your Money You really don't like hip-hop do you?
The Kinks- I'm Not Like Everybody Else Neither am I - shite.

B....

Over the Hill - John Martyn Dreadful
Sure Shot - Beastie Boys Average
World Turned Upside Down - Dick Gaughan Nice choice
Debaser - Pixies Obvious but I'll let you off
Concrete Schoolyard - Jurassic 5 Overplayed, overhyped overandoutRock & Roll - The Velvet Underground Surely some mistake? Rock and Roll and the VU? When did that happen?
I Want to see the Bright Lights Tonight - Richard & Linda Thompson Fuck off and see them then
Dalliance - The Wedding Present Good
Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis - Tom Waits Like it, but not much
Everything in it's Right Place - Radiohead obviously not in this list it isn't
Hideous Towns - The Sundays Hideous clowns
Protection - Massive Attack 14th best track, official
Helicopter - M Ward Meh
Murder, Tonight, in the Trailer Park - Cowboy Junkies Thats how I felt when I listened to it
Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones Faultless
Jackass - Beck As good as the programme
The Saturday Boy - Billy Bragg Today is Friday, I rest my case
Born to Lose - Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers Great
Handshake Drugs - Wilco Dreadful
Summer in the City - The Lovin' Spoonful superb

So another difficult choice, I really want to vote for A but the hip-hop choices are rank and there is a definite air of the broad spectrum cover all bases theme.
B has some good tracksbut is let down by a pervading air of stagnant mediocrity.
Its the holy triumverate of Chic, JB and Massive against their Satanic Majesties and err Massive.
A[/i]


Keep it up Frank - that was a good read :D


Oh yes, keep it up, Frank, you're fucking hilarious. Ha diddly ha ha. No doubt you'll have your tickling stick out next, YOU COCK.


Ahhhhh, the voice of, shall we say, Mediocretes? Patently obvious if you ask me.

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 22687
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Postby Copehead » 12 Mar 2006, 17:01

A for husker Du and the clash. Otherwise not much in it, both equally OK if you like that sort of thing
You've rendered that scaffolding dangerous

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Brother Spoon
Billy Crystal
Posts: 9727
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 08:02
Location: at Yankee Stadium

Postby Brother Spoon » 13 Mar 2006, 08:24

A.

User avatar
Moleskin
Posts: 14318
Joined: 18 Feb 2004, 12:38
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 13 Mar 2006, 16:46

B.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

User avatar
Tapiocahead
Posts: 6953
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 22:41
Location: quite literally in your face

Postby Tapiocahead » 13 Mar 2006, 21:55

a ... 26
b ... 21
Fishstick selling fuck

User avatar
geoffcowgill
exceptionally nondescript
Posts: 3380
Joined: 23 Oct 2003, 23:43

Postby geoffcowgill » 14 Mar 2006, 00:05

I thought Django's list was pretty great. Bad luck.

User avatar
Django
Posts: 13367
Joined: 28 Sep 2004, 14:33
Contact:

Postby Django » 19 Mar 2006, 19:51

That's it?!

I'm away for a week and only Geoff posts his commiserations? You cunts.

Cheers, Geoff.
Lid P wrote:Ozzy bit a cow in half and there was milk everywhere


Image

User avatar
beenieman
Posts: 15400
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 21:43

Postby beenieman » 19 Mar 2006, 20:21

django wrote:That's it?!

I'm away for a week and only Geoff posts his commiserations? You cunts.

Cheers, Geoff.


Sorry. We all just assumed that, with that list, you'd have been expecting it :D

User avatar
German Dave
Utter Cad
Posts: 50125
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Postby German Dave » 20 Mar 2006, 20:08

django wrote:That's it?!

I'm away for a week and only Geoff posts his commiserations? You cunts.

Cheers, Geoff.


sorry. loser.
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.


User avatar
Django
Posts: 13367
Joined: 28 Sep 2004, 14:33
Contact:

Postby Django » 21 Mar 2006, 01:38

la giraffe wrote:
django wrote:That's it?!

I'm away for a week and only Geoff posts his commiserations? You cunts.

Cheers, Geoff.


sorry. loser.


Yeah. Good luck in round 4, by the way.
Lid P wrote:Ozzy bit a cow in half and there was milk everywhere


Image