Results Thread

User avatar
Tapiocahead
Posts: 6981
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 22:41
Location: quite literally in your face

Results Thread

Postby Tapiocahead » 01 Feb 2006, 22:37

I'll fill in the gaps as we go.

Round 1
Match 1 Chopping 15-24 ??????????
Match 2 ????????? 24 -15 Sinister Joe
Match 3 Marios 23- 15 The Red Heifer
Match 4 ????????? 21 - 17 Mentalist
Match 5 Diamond Dog 14 - 32 ??????????
Match 6 ????????? 26 - 15 Beno
Match 7 ????????? 34 - 14 Funky Nomad
Match 8 Aloysius 13 - 26 Masked Man
Match 9 RCL 31 - 17 Leg of Lamb
Match 10 Dr Do Good(is here) 8 - 44 ???????????
Match 11 LMG 18 -29 ???????????
Match 12 Goldwax 16 - 31 ?????????????
Match 13 Short Bald Bloke 23 - 24 ????????????
Match 14 Mr Tapioca Head 14 - 37 ????????????
Match 15 ????????????? 25 -25 ?????????????
Match 16 Rolo Tomassi 23 - 26 ????????????
Match 17 ???????????? 25 - 19 Love Vigilante
Match 18 ???????????? 22-18 Count Machuki
Match 19 ???????????? 26 - 20 Bleep
Match 20 Satan's Favourite Son 12 - 30 ????????????
Match 21 ?????????????? 35 - 22 Billybob Dylan
Match 22 DGS 24 -34 ????????????
Match 23 ?????????????? 38 - 18 Jeemo
Match 24 Owen 25 - 30 ????????????
Match 25 Jumper 16 - 27 ???????????
Match 26 Gater 17 - 33 ????????????
Match 27 Bear 19 - 27 Derek Smalls
Match 28 ????????????? 25 - 21 Velvis
Match 29 ??????????? 36 - 12 Snowdog
Match 30 ?????????? 23 - 21 Penk
Match 31 ??????????? 28 - 23 Moleskin
Match 32 ??????????? 25 - 22 Spaulding
Match 33 ?????????? 23 - 20 Whodathunkit

Round 2
Match 1 ?????????? 32- 21 Masked Man
Match 2 ?????????? 27 -22 RCL
Match 3 Marios 21 - 32 ???????????
Match 4 Derek Smalls 24- 29 ??????????
Last edited by Tapiocahead on 14 Feb 2006, 22:25, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Posts: 8185
Joined: 02 Nov 2003, 16:57
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 01 Feb 2006, 22:40

This is a good thing to have! Bumping it to keep it near the top.

Can you also post the rules here? If I make it through the first round, I'd like to know the following:

Do I need to make a brand new list?
If not, can I make a brand new list?
And how many more songs should be added in each round?
the Eagles suck.

User avatar
Tapiocahead
Posts: 6981
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 22:41
Location: quite literally in your face

Postby Tapiocahead » 01 Feb 2006, 22:45

Matty Red Sox wrote:This is a good thing to have! Bumping it to keep it near the top.

Can you also post the rules here? If I make it through the first round, I'd like to know the following:

Do I need to make a brand new list?
If not, can I make a brand new list?
And how many more songs should be added in each round?


For next round (if you qualify) I would need five new songs. These are added to your original 10 to make a list of 15, and then a further 5 songs for each round. The final should be 2 lists of 35 songs.

I was going to write a complete set of rules and post them somewhere, but I just didn't get round to it.
Fishstick selling fuck

User avatar
Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Posts: 8185
Joined: 02 Nov 2003, 16:57
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 01 Feb 2006, 22:47

Jan Tapioca of Hesselink wrote:
I was going to write a complete set of rules and post them somewhere, but I just didn't get round to it.


Thanks, I've been searching all over this section for confirmation of this info.
the Eagles suck.

User avatar
Strider
Posts: 1071
Joined: 31 Oct 2003, 18:05
Location: U.S.A.

Postby Strider » 01 Feb 2006, 23:02

Jan Tapioca of Hesselink wrote:
Matty Red Sox wrote:This is a good thing to have! Bumping it to keep it near the top.

Can you also post the rules here? If I make it through the first round, I'd like to know the following:

Do I need to make a brand new list?
If not, can I make a brand new list?
And how many more songs should be added in each round?


For next round (if you qualify) I would need five new songs. These are added to your original 10 to make a list of 15, and then a further 5 songs for each round. The final should be 2 lists of 35 songs.

I was going to write a complete set of rules and post them somewhere, but I just didn't get round to it.


Wait I am confused now, did you mean 2 lists of 35 songs or 1 list of the 35 songs. Please clarify.

User avatar
Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Posts: 8185
Joined: 02 Nov 2003, 16:57
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 01 Feb 2006, 23:04

I did a double take here too, but I am sure that it means that there will be two separate finalists, who each have 35 songs.
the Eagles suck.

User avatar
Tapiocahead
Posts: 6981
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 22:41
Location: quite literally in your face

Postby Tapiocahead » 01 Feb 2006, 23:16

I mean by adding 5 songs in each round, by the final the 2 finalists lists will each have 35 songs in
Fishstick selling fuck

Toast
Posts: 136
Joined: 01 Nov 2005, 11:41
Location: in my own pocket

Postby Toast » 02 Feb 2006, 12:45

there's alot of away wins there already.
chief? what? me? here? on a thursday? with my reputation?

marios

Re: Results Thread

Postby marios » 02 Feb 2006, 20:50

Jan Tapioca of Hesselink wrote: Match 5 Diamond Dog 14 - 32 ??????????
Match 7 ????????? 34 - 14 Funky Nomad


Why did these two matches get more votes (8-9) than others? :?

It just seems so random...

I see that matches 9-12 have been attracting more interest too, which is a good sign.

User avatar
Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Posts: 8185
Joined: 02 Nov 2003, 16:57
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Re: Results Thread

Postby Matty Red Sox » 02 Feb 2006, 21:31

= marios = wrote:
Jan Tapioca of Hesselink wrote: Match 5 Diamond Dog 14 - 32 ??????????
Match 7 ????????? 34 - 14 Funky Nomad


Why did these two matches get more votes (8-9) than others? :?

It just seems so random...

I see that matches 9-12 have been attracting more interest too, which is a good sign.


You aren't implying that aliases vote, are you? I am hesitant when I see a poster voting that has less than a few hundred posts, but I would not say limit newbies. It's just the internet, ya' know.
the Eagles suck.

marios

Re: Results Thread

Postby marios » 02 Feb 2006, 22:05

Matty Red Sox wrote: You aren't implying that aliases vote, are you?


No. People other than me can usually spot aliases a mile off so i don't think there was any of that. Although that Armchair Expert dude seems suspicious.

I was just commentating on the fact it seems so random.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51166
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Results Thread

Postby Butch Manly » 02 Feb 2006, 22:19

= marios = wrote:
Matty Red Sox wrote: You aren't implying that aliases vote, are you?


No. People other than me can usually spot aliases a mile off so i don't think there was any of that. Although that Armchair Expert dude seems suspicious.

I was just commentating on the fact it seems so random.


there have been a few matches that i've been less inclined to vote on because i don't know that many songs on them. did those matches have a high proportion of "known" artists or songs? i suspect so.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Posts: 8185
Joined: 02 Nov 2003, 16:57
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Re: Results Thread

Postby Matty Red Sox » 02 Feb 2006, 22:40

EverythingButTheGiraffe wrote:
= marios = wrote:
Matty Red Sox wrote: You aren't implying that aliases vote, are you?


No. People other than me can usually spot aliases a mile off so i don't think there was any of that. Although that Armchair Expert dude seems suspicious.

I was just commentating on the fact it seems so random.


there have been a few matches that i've been less inclined to vote on because i don't know that many songs on them. did those matches have a high proportion of "known" artists or songs? i suspect so.


I vote on all, since I voted on one. If I don't know more than two or three on a list, well then they didn't want my vote, I have a fairly eclectic taste (although my early list won't show it, saving the spices to force my way through the first round).

And Marios, that's the poster who stuck out like a sore thumb to me as well.
the Eagles suck.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51166
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Results Thread

Postby Butch Manly » 02 Feb 2006, 22:45

Matty Red Sox wrote:And Marios, that's the poster who stuck out like a sore thumb to me as well.


armchair expert, i'm sure, is a genuine board regular under another name.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Posts: 8185
Joined: 02 Nov 2003, 16:57
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Re: Results Thread

Postby Matty Red Sox » 02 Feb 2006, 22:47

EverythingButTheGiraffe wrote:armchair expert, i'm sure, is a genuine board regular under another name.


Isn't this the meaning of alias?
the Eagles suck.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51166
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Results Thread

Postby Butch Manly » 02 Feb 2006, 22:55

Matty Red Sox wrote:
EverythingButTheGiraffe wrote:armchair expert, i'm sure, is a genuine board regular under another name.


Isn't this the meaning of alias?


not necessarily. if it's someone who's now posting under another account with a different name but isn't using their first account any more - especially to vote in the cup - then there's no problem really, is there?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
Django
Posts: 13369
Joined: 28 Sep 2004, 14:33
Contact:

Re: Results Thread

Postby Django » 02 Feb 2006, 22:56

Matty Red Sox wrote:
EverythingButTheGiraffe wrote:armchair expert, i'm sure, is a genuine board regular under another name.


Isn't this the meaning of alias?


Yeah, but he's not playing under his usual name. As long as he's only using one "identity", I can't see a problem.

User avatar
Butch Manly
Utter Cad
Posts: 51166
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:22
Location: 16 Beasley Street

Re: Results Thread

Postby Butch Manly » 02 Feb 2006, 22:59

mediocretes wrote:
Matty Red Sox wrote:
EverythingButTheGiraffe wrote:armchair expert, i'm sure, is a genuine board regular under another name.


Isn't this the meaning of alias?


Yeah, but he's not playing under his usual name. As long as he's only using one "identity", I can't see a problem.


you don't half look like a miserable cunt with that avatar, you know. traditionally, you're supposed to be pleased about being engaged.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

User avatar
Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Posts: 8185
Joined: 02 Nov 2003, 16:57
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 02 Feb 2006, 23:16

I have no problem with the poster. I said I only thought it strange.
the Eagles suck.

marios

Postby marios » 02 Feb 2006, 23:33

Matty Red Sox wrote:I have no problem with the poster. I said I only thought it strange.


Same here. Anyone care to PM me with who they guess that person is. Cause i haven't got a clue.