THE BITTER RECRIMINATIONS THREAD 2006

Superdans
Self Confessed Hipster

Postby Superdans » 22 Feb 2006, 13:25

My list will become a cult classic. Years from now, people will realise how ahead of it's time it was and claimed they voted for me way back in 2006. Just wait.
The absolute worst thing anyone could say about you is that you were a selfish, moral blank, whose lazy cynicism and sneering, ironic take on the world encapsulates everything wrong with a generation. But you my friend are not evil.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 24 Feb 2006, 18:05

By rights my list should have made it into the last four but probably had too many 70's soul cuts to pass muster on here.
Still I can retire gracefully knowing I have better taste than most.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 24 Feb 2006, 18:09

During practice the other day I pulled a muscle or something.
Does this mean I can postpone my second round match for a couple of weeks?

:twisted:
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 24 Feb 2006, 18:38

Walk In My Shadow wrote:Does this mean I can postpone my second round match for a couple of weeks?

do you want me to send you some decent records in the meantime?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 24 Feb 2006, 19:07

EverythingButTheGiraffe wrote:
Walk In My Shadow wrote:Does this mean I can postpone my second round match for a couple of weeks?

do you want me to send you some decent records in the meantime?

May I remind you I won my first round?

Hell yeah!!!

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 01 Mar 2006, 05:59

There's lots of double posts in the recent round matches.
Is this what President Idi Amin meant by vote rigging?

frimleygreener
Location: between the rose and thistle and the old weatsheaf...

Postby frimleygreener » 08 Mar 2006, 21:20

well done the winner.if there was but one track that was pulled from a dusty rack and cued to play via my selections i will consider it a victory:)

Django

Postby Django » 08 Mar 2006, 23:04

frimleygreener wrote:well done the winner.if there was but one track that was pulled from a dusty rack and cued to play via my selections i will consider it a victory:)

I feel it's only right that I point out your mistake here: it's not actually a victory, it's a defeat. Considering it a victory would be entirely erroneous.

Hope this helps.

frimleygreener

Postby frimleygreener » 08 Mar 2006, 23:08

django wrote:
frimleygreener wrote:well done the winner.if there was but one track that was pulled from a dusty rack and cued to play via my selections i will consider it a victory:)

I feel it's only right that I point out your mistake here: it's not actually a victory, it's a defeat. Considering it a victory would be entirely erroneous.

Hope this helps.

no.it is win win given the premise.my opponent moves on to a new challenge,i rest in the knowledge that my offerings were considered.

Django

Postby Django » 08 Mar 2006, 23:13

frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:

Hope this helps.

no.it is win win given the premise.my opponent moves on to a new challenge,i rest in the knowledge that my offerings were considered.

No, you're really not getting this. It's Win - Lose. Two players, one wins and one loses.

Hope this helps.

frimleygreener

Postby frimleygreener » 08 Mar 2006, 23:16

django wrote:
frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:

Hope this helps.

No, you're really not getting this. It's Win - Lose. Two players, one wins and one loses.

Hope this helps.

no.a win can be gleaned from any experience. it garners wisdom.a result in anybodies book,bar the myopic.

Django

Postby Django » 08 Mar 2006, 23:22

frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:
frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

no.a win can be gleaned from any experience. it garners wisdom.a result in anybodies book,bar the myopic.

True, wisdom can be garnered from any experience, even losing, which is what has happened here. Not winning.

Hope this helps.

frimleygreener

Postby frimleygreener » 08 Mar 2006, 23:23

django wrote:
frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:
frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

True, wisdom can be garnered from any experience, even losing, which is what has happened here. Not winning.

so it a gain..a positive?...do you want to borrow a shovel?

Hope this helps.

Django

Postby Django » 08 Mar 2006, 23:30

frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:
frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:
frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Oh, I see, you're entirely humourless. Good luck with that, I hope it works out for you.

frimleygreener

Postby frimleygreener » 08 Mar 2006, 23:34

django wrote:
frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:
frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:
frimleygreener wrote:
django wrote:

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Oh, I see, you're entirely humourless. Good luck with that, I hope it works out for you.

a change of tack?..it's horses for courses friend.

Django

Postby Django » 08 Mar 2006, 23:37

frimleygreener wrote:a change of tack?..it's horses for courses friend.

Not so much a change of tack as simply abandoning the idea of having a bit of a laugh with you.

frimleygreener

Postby frimleygreener » 08 Mar 2006, 23:39

django wrote:

Not so much a change of tack as simply abandoning the idea of having a bit of a laugh with you.

you quit too early:) the bulldog breed is lamented in many a quarter...

frimleygreener

Postby frimleygreener » 09 Mar 2006, 08:30

anyway,again,good luck in the future rounds,whoever you may be:)

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 09 Mar 2006, 16:50

django wrote:

Well I thought that was a very funny exchange. I'll be off now to put it in the treasury.
Jimbo wrote:Look, all I know is pretty much what I get from Robert Parry over at Consortium News.

Strider

Postby Strider » 14 Mar 2006, 17:17

This is my first BCB Cup and its really is a bit of silly fun don't you think. What is interesting for me to observe is the number of people whose basis for voting against a list is that it is too "canonical". If songs are great they are great despite how many people and critics say they are. No matter how many people say that "Rain" or "Gimme Shelter" or "Like A Rolling Stone" are great songs does not make them any less great and the converse is also true. What is one man's greatness is another man's mediocrity, I suppose. It just bothers me to see the number of folks voting against lists where they state that they like the artists and songs listed but then say its too "canonical". Too me, that just does not make sense.