THE BITTER RECRIMINATIONS THREAD 2006

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

THE BITTER RECRIMINATIONS THREAD 2006

Postby Butch Manly » 01 Feb 2006, 17:27

a thread where you can rant about how you were robbed and still can't believe that anyone could possibly vote for the pile of shite that actually beat you.

no punches pulled, please.
Last edited by Butch Manly on 11 Apr 2007, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

funky_nomad
paranoid

Postby funky_nomad » 01 Feb 2006, 17:29

Dylan & The Beatles against my lot?

Fer fuck's sake...
Just a penitent man

My name is Spaulding
Pancake Expert

Postby My name is Spaulding » 01 Feb 2006, 17:33

Ha Ha Wanker? Jeez...
Walk In My Shadow wrote:If Spaulding buys it, I'll buy it too.

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 01 Feb 2006, 18:40

I just wish I'd sent my list in a bit later so i wouldn't've been first out in the first round.
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

www.chrischopping.virb.com

http://thatidiotchrischopping.blogspot.com

My name is Spaulding
Pancake Expert

Postby My name is Spaulding » 01 Feb 2006, 19:27

Chris Chopping wrote:I just wish I'd sent my list in a bit later so i wouldn't've been first out in the first round.

see it this way: you´ve made BCB history.
Walk In My Shadow wrote:If Spaulding buys it, I'll buy it too.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 02 Feb 2006, 07:22

Why do you cunts hate popular songs? :lol:
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 02 Feb 2006, 09:28

I can't help it if I'm the only one on here with ears, sheeesh!

I just hope the person who beats me wins, so I can say I valiantly lost to Brazil in the group stages.
king of the divan

Dr Do-Good (is here)

Postby Dr Do-Good (is here) » 02 Feb 2006, 23:30

Bollox... talk about misplaced confidence!
"Lord, You sure knowed what You was doin' when You brung me to this very cell at this very time.
A man with ten thousand dollars hid somewheres, and a widder in the makin'."

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 02 Feb 2006, 23:41

Here is the bulk of the speech in which I accept my defeat:

Big hugs to all who said nice things about my list. It was indeed an attempt to stay true to my own musical tastes, running quite counter to some of the blatant whoring going on in this competition.

I was genuinely surprised by some of the hostile comments in this and other threads. 'Both lists are utter shit' springs to mind. Either those making such comments fail to appreciate that most of these lists are of music that geniunely means something to those posting them, or else they are insensitive boors who are here because every human being in the real world has made known to them their contempt.

Anyway, in protest I shall be adding similar comments to the rest of my votes in this competition. I hope this will draw attention to the unattractive nature of these comments, and also piss off some people in the process.

If I annoy any nice people, sorry in advance, but you are mere eggs in the omelet of my campaign of bitterness.
We owe so much
To the enemy
If not for them
Where would we be?

Dr Do-Good (is here)

Postby Dr Do-Good (is here) » 02 Feb 2006, 23:49

LMG wrote:Here is the bulk of the speech in which I accept my defeat:

Big hugs to all who said nice things about my list. It was indeed an attempt to stay true to my own musical tastes, running quite counter to some of the blatant whoring going on in this competition.

I was genuinely surprised by some of the hostile comments in this and other threads. 'Both lists are utter shit' springs to mind. Either those making such comments fail to appreciate that most of these lists are of music that geniunely means something to those posting them, or else they are insensitive boors who are here because every human being in the real world has made known to them their contempt.

Anyway, in protest I shall be adding similar comments to the rest of my votes in this competition. I hope this will draw attention to the unattractive nature of these comments, and also piss off some people in the process.

If I annoy any nice people, sorry in advance, but you are mere eggs in the omelet of my campaign of bitterness.

Yup! - I reckon that just about qualifies as a "Bitter Recrimination." You're definitely on the right thread, LMG!
"Lord, You sure knowed what You was doin' when You brung me to this very cell at this very time.

A man with ten thousand dollars hid somewheres, and a widder in the makin'."

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 03 Feb 2006, 00:05

Dude, you WON!

Actually you didn't.
the Eagles suck.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 03 Feb 2006, 00:10

Matty Red Sox wrote:

Dude, you WON!

Actually you didn't.

Actually, Matt, they do make drinks without sugar, you know.
We owe so much
To the enemy
If not for them
Where would we be?

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 03 Feb 2006, 00:44

LMG wrote:
I was genuinely surprised by some of the hostile comments in this and other threads. 'Both lists are utter shit' springs to mind. Either those making such comments fail to appreciate that most of these lists are A of music that geniunely means something to those posting them, or else B they are insensitive boors who are here because every human being in the real world has made known to them their contempt.

B

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 03 Feb 2006, 04:04

goldwax wrote:Those of you without the stomach to revisit the scene of your crimes should not go here:

http://www.blackcatbone.34sp.com/phpBB2 ... c&start=57

Ha ha. Wanker!

Sorry. I'm not very good at this.

Mr Tapioca Head
formerly Mr Tapioca Head

Postby Mr Tapioca Head » 03 Feb 2006, 12:50

I'm really enjoying it this year - the more bitter the better.
What mean expendable?

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 03 Feb 2006, 13:30

Mr Tapioca Head wrote:I'm really enjoying it this year - the more bitter the better.

Well, I'm glad - that's the main thing when all's said and done.
We owe so much
To the enemy
If not for them
Where would we be?

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC and happy to be in Hiroshima, hated Jakarta

Postby Matty Red Sox » 03 Feb 2006, 14:31

LMG wrote:
Mr Tapioca Head wrote:I'm really enjoying it this year - the more bitter the better.

Well, I'm glad - that's the main thing when all's said and done.

Ha ha .....dipstick! :P
the Eagles suck.

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 03 Feb 2006, 16:22

Shouldn't this thread also be sticky?
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 Feb 2006, 16:56

Any one else noticed how damned claculating the lists have been this time? A little bit of Stax, a bit of rock and roll, some later stuff, some electronica, bit of rap, bit of disco, some 80s stuff....blah blah blah.

You're mostly a bunch of desultory whores - we're going to end up with a winning list that's going to sound like the sonic equivalent of a Cosmopolitan cover. Or worse.
Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay.......

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 03 Feb 2006, 17:19

Diamond Dog wrote:Any one else noticed how damned claculating the lists have been this time? A little bit of Stax, a bit of rock and roll, some later stuff, some electronica, bit of rap, bit of disco, some 80s stuff....blah blah blah.

You're mostly a bunch of desultory whores - we're going to end up with a winning list that's going to sound like the sonic equivalent of a Cosmopolitan cover. Or worse.

Yours had a little bit of rap, some soul, some rock, some old, some new, some borrowed, etc. Maybe people really like those songs.

Either way I stayed true to the songs I love!
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

www.chrischopping.virb.com

http://thatidiotchrischopping.blogspot.com