And in the end..

Gater

And in the end..

Postby Gater » 16 Apr 2005, 04:27

Is there going to be an official mp3 collection of the top ten winners?
I wont retire,but I might retread.

Poppypoobah
Resident Hotty

Re: And in the end..

Postby Poppypoobah » 17 Apr 2005, 13:59

Gater wrote:Is there going to be an official mp3 collection of the top ten winners?
That's a great idea!

x
sometimes abrasive

Postby x » 17 Apr 2005, 15:33

Naw - these are fantasy league teams. The people don't actually own the tracks selected.

Gater

Postby Gater » 17 Apr 2005, 21:04

FHW wrote:Naw - these are fantasy league teams. The people don't actually own the tracks selected.

That's what I thought.
I wont retire,but I might retread.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Apr 2005, 21:19

I'd be amazed if people included tracks they don't own.
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

marios

Postby marios » 17 Apr 2005, 21:32

Diamond Dog wrote:I'd be amazed if people included tracks they don't own.

I don't even recognise a couple of the names on my list.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 17 Apr 2005, 21:52

Why? I did.
I probably owned all of them in one format or another at one time. But I certainly don't have all the tracks I named to hand on cd.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Apr 2005, 21:57

LeModerniste Baby wrote:

Why? I did.
I probably owned all of them in one format or another at one time. But I certainly don't have all the tracks I named to hand on cd.

Really? How odd. The only one I didn't have on CD was "World Destruction" by Afrika Bambaataa and John Lydon (under the 'Timezone' guise). I've since rectified that- but it's a sod to get on CD.
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 17 Apr 2005, 23:43

Diamond Dog wrote:
LeModerniste Baby wrote:

Why? I did.

Really? How odd. The only one I didn't have on CD was "World Destruction" by Afrika Bambaataa and John Lydon (under the 'Timezone' guise). I've since rectified that- but it's a sod to get on CD.

I don't own the Beatles song I chose. Sold my albums when I decided to traverse the globe a decade ago and just never got round to buying the CDs despite the fact they are without doubt my favorite band. It's a funny old world.

cheifwhat

Postby cheifwhat » 18 Apr 2005, 13:23

i'm pretty sure i have everything on my list in mp3. i chose most of it by browsing my files.
Mostly dancing sir,...

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 18 Apr 2005, 13:34

Maybe a best of kinda thing with one or two from everyones lists, because a lot of lists had some bloody interesting songs on them.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

cheifwhat

Postby cheifwhat » 18 Apr 2005, 13:36

Hey!! IDEA!!

why don't we vote on it?!!!
Mostly dancing sir,...

cheifwhat

Postby cheifwhat » 18 Apr 2005, 13:37

ps: when did monsieur Tapioca head say he was around again?
Mostly dancing sir,...

Leg of lamb
Jane Austen enthusiast

Postby Leg of lamb » 18 Apr 2005, 23:21

Only thing I don't own on my list was I Am The Walrus, for reasons similar to a lot of people with the Beatles. I just don't own any of the albums which contain it on cd but it's hardwired into my internal jukebox. There's actually something quite special about it - whenever I go round someone's house and I see they've got the Blue Album I get a bit excited about the chance to play it. I don't know if I want to change that, although I guess it's pretty inevitable at some point.
Brother Spoon wrote:I would probably enjoy this record more if it came to me in a brown paper bag filled with manure, instead of this richly illustrated disgrace to my eyes.