Quarter Finals

Mr Tapioca Head
formerly Mr Tapioca Head

Quarter Finals

Postby Mr Tapioca Head » 13 Apr 2005, 12:57

Right.... all the last 16 ties are completed now, I can't start the quarter finals yet however as I've hardly got anybody's extra five songs.
If I get all the lists by tomorrow I'll post all the ties at once - probably about this time of day- I'll probably need a volunteer to do the results as I'm not going to be on t'internet till Monday at the least.

I'm about to PM the people whose lists I think I'm missing
What mean expendable?

cheifwhat

Postby cheifwhat » 13 Apr 2005, 14:30

are they going to get 48 Hours then?

if so, it's easy enough to just tot up the scores and say A or B has won. i can do that if you really need me to. We can all wait until you are back to see who's out.
Mostly dancing sir,...

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 13 Apr 2005, 15:44

cheifwhat wrote:are they going to get 48 Hours then?

if so, it's easy enough to just tot up the scores and say A or B has won. i can do that if you really need me to. We can all wait until you are back to see who's out.

It's not as simple as that with all the 'PM' votes, people voting twice, late votes, ambiguous votes, underhand dealings, Far East gambling syndicates, bungs, bribes and all manner of cloak and dagger shenanigans.

cheifwhat

Postby cheifwhat » 13 Apr 2005, 16:33

Lord Belborough wrote:

It's not as simple as that with all the 'PM' votes, people voting twice, late votes, ambiguous votes, underhand dealings, Far East gambling syndicates, bungs, bribes and all manner of cloak and dagger shenanigans.

Maybe we should ask George Graham to do it?
Mostly dancing sir,...

marios

Postby marios » 13 Apr 2005, 17:18

Lord Belborough wrote:

I've sent my list 3-4 days ago and i was in one of the late matches of round 3. Why are people stalling?

If we agree not to include PM votes then i think it's not that difficult to do it in Tapioca's absence.

cheifwhat

Postby cheifwhat » 14 Apr 2005, 00:34

lets not tamper with the rules please.

so what if we have to wait a few days?

it's like the break in the champions league isn't it.

patience my friend, patience.
Mostly dancing sir,...

Mr Tapioca Head
formerly Mr Tapioca Head

Postby Mr Tapioca Head » 14 Apr 2005, 12:34

I'm still waiting for one more quarter final list - I'll check again tonight & try & post the match then
What mean expendable?

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 14 Apr 2005, 12:44

marios wrote:If we agree not to include PM votes then i think it's not that difficult to do it in Tapioca's absence.

If we agree not to accept PM votes then I'm still in.

marios

Postby marios » 14 Apr 2005, 19:21

4H bhoy of temperance wrote:
marios wrote:If we agree not to include PM votes then i think it's not that difficult to do it in Tapioca's absence.

That's not my point though. I didn't suggest that cause i was worried about secret votes, just that it would be impractical cause Tapioca isn't here. Do you feel cheated cause Matt voted via PM?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Apr 2005, 19:34

marios wrote:

That's not my point though. I didn't suggest that cause i was worried about secret votes, just that it would be impractical cause Tapioca isn't here. Do you feel cheated cause Matt voted via PM?

Well, it was odd, wasn't it?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"
"'Seize the moments as they fly, know to live and learn to die'."

satans favourite son
vortex surfer

Postby satans favourite son » 14 Apr 2005, 20:31

Diamond Dog wrote:
marios wrote:

My guess is that he didn't have time to rate each song with extra comments, so he prefered to vote via PM.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 14 Apr 2005, 20:49

fear_satan wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:[quote="marios]

My guess is that he didn't have time to rate each song with extra comments, so he prefered to vote via PM.[/quote]

It all sounds very clandestine and suspicious to me, I reckon Matt is now the number one suspect of being the Imperial Grand Master of the BCB secret room.
Anyway in view of all these voting irregularities, what say we scrap the current proceedings and reinstall all 56 entrants and start again!

satans favourite son
vortex surfer

Postby satans favourite son » 14 Apr 2005, 21:27

IlModernista wrote:
fear_satan wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
marios wrote:

My guess is that he didn't have time to rate each song with extra comments, so he prefered to vote via PM.

It all sounds very clandestine and suspicious to me, I reckon Matt is now the number one suspect of being the Imperial Grand Master of the BCB secret room.
Anyway in view of all these voting irregularities, what say we scrap the current proceedings and reinstall all 56 entrants and start again!

Great idea. Are we allowed to change songs? I have to do that if I want to get a vote or two. :wink: :wink:

Mr Tapioca Head
formerly Mr Tapioca Head

Postby Mr Tapioca Head » 15 Apr 2005, 00:41

Well, Mr Profile had voted via PM for his own list in every round so far, as it would've been a giveaway as to his identity.
What mean expendable?