Don't You Darken My Door Again

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Re: Don't You Darken My Door Again

Postby Butch Manly » 11 Apr 2005, 23:23

OSCAR wrote:
A person would have to be stone deaf, very ugly, on a severe heroin and alcohol intake and dead not to apreciate the utter genius of Roxy Music.

and yet you like them.

(for the record, i love the korgis track)
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

x
sometimes abrasive

Postby x » 12 Apr 2005, 12:01

OSCAR wrote:
A person would have to be stone deaf, very ugly, on a severe heroin and alcohol intake and dead not to apreciate the utter genius of Roxy Music. What calibre of numpty are we tolerating on this board? And why don't we just ban them.

The original Poxy Music - the biggest load of preening, posing pseuds who made the worst cacophony that I've seen and heard in a lifetime (well, Steve Harley (but not Cockney Rebel) also gets a special mention in the 'preening, posing pseud' category of my diaries.).

Out of the audience that saw them that night I would imagine they earned the emnity of well over 85%. They were absolute shite! And they have done nothing in the meantime to change my mind.

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 12 Apr 2005, 12:05

OSCAR wrote:A person would have to be stone deaf, very ugly, on a severe heroin and alcohol intake and dead not to apreciate the utter genius of Roxy Music. What calibre of numpty are we tolerating on this board? And why don't we just ban them.

Nah, that's just plain wrong. They were very annoying, especially when the singin gstarted. Sophisticated as Tony Hadley.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Apr 2005, 12:09

goldwax wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
IlModernista wrote:
Rorschach wrote:sigh, The Korgis

..Yeah that came in for some stick. And yet it's such a beautiful sounding record. I always associate it The Passions I'm In Love.. as both had this spacious, oceanic sound that years later would be called chillout or ambient. But back then you had very few records that sounded like that.

Anyway i liked it.

It's wishy washy, airy fairy, sanitised shite.

No, that's what you are. :evil:

Cheers Goldie. Good to see the token board liberal standing up for free expression......
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

Oscar
Northern Taoist

Postby Oscar » 12 Apr 2005, 12:31

4H - TheBoyGiraffe (VPL) wrote:
OSCAR wrote:
A person would have to be stone deaf, very ugly, on a severe heroin and alcohol intake and dead not to apreciate the utter genius of Roxy Music.

and yet you like them.

(for the record, i love the korgis track)

I liked them when I still had my dashing good looks and when I still had my hearing.

Oscar
Northern Taoist

Postby Oscar » 12 Apr 2005, 12:36

OSCAR wrote:A person would have to be stone deaf, very ugly, on a severe heroin and alcohol intake and dead not to apreciate the utter genius of Roxy Music. What calibre of numpty are we tolerating on this board? And why don't we just ban them.

FHW wrote: The original Poxy Music - the biggest load of preening, posing pseuds who made the worst cacophony that I've seen and heard in a lifetime (well, Steve Harley (but not Cockney Rebel) also gets a special mention in the 'preening, posing pseud' category of my diaries.).

Out of the audience that saw them that night I would imagine they earned the emnity of well over 85%. They were absolute shite! And they have done nothing in the meantime to change my mind.

bhoy wrote:Nah, that's just plain wrong. They were very annoying, especially when the singin gstarted. Sophisticated as Tony Hadley.

Phew! Thank god you two don't like them, I thought I was going to lose my argument.

x
sometimes abrasive

Postby x » 12 Apr 2005, 13:37

OSCAR wrote:

FHW wrote: The original Poxy Music - the biggest load of preening, posing pseuds who made the worst cacophony that I've seen and heard in a lifetime (well, Steve Harley (but not Cockney Rebel) also gets a special mention in the 'preening, posing pseud' category of my diaries.).

bhoy wrote:Nah, that's just plain wrong. They were very annoying, especially when the singin gstarted. Sophisticated as Tony Hadley.

Phew! Thank god you two don't like them, I thought I was going to lose my argument.

Queenie, get Lenny's coat - the one which has the sleeves that tie up at the back.