BCB Cup - First Round Match 1

User avatar
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist
Posts: 22645
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:51
Location: at sea

Postby Copehead » 15 Mar 2005, 14:27

Bugger.

I knew putting a coded message to all welsh voters by having the manics in there was a mistake, Owen didn't even pick up on my obvious ploy. The Taffia vote crumbled, at least leg of lamb spotted my ploy, smiling face.

But my "no Elvis Beatles and the Rolling Stones" tactics had a good run.

Plus I got the votes of the people whose style I admire:

Prof, Jumper, Iam, Griff etc

and especially Carlsson

Shouldn't you get a 10 point bonus for picking up the Robust vote???
You've rendered that scaffolding dangerous

Image

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

User avatar
Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe
Posts: 12662
Joined: 07 Sep 2003, 17:48
Location: Flitwick
Contact:

Postby Carl's Son » 15 Mar 2005, 14:56

What is the point of this? How are you choosing the songs? Why is this better than polls?
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

www.chrischopping.virb.com

http://thatidiotchrischopping.blogspot.com

User avatar
The Midnight Special
Renaissance Man
Posts: 6904
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 21:03
Location: The Devil's County

Postby The Midnight Special » 15 Mar 2005, 15:01

Chris Chopping wrote:What is the point of this?


It's fun and trivial and easy, and we're actually rating each other, with a bit of competition thrown in, and there's the anonymity. Apart from that, nothing.
Gracias por su visita

User avatar
Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe
Posts: 12662
Joined: 07 Sep 2003, 17:48
Location: Flitwick
Contact:

Postby Carl's Son » 15 Mar 2005, 15:24

Found the original thread. Kinda makes sense to me now, if I'd seen it sooner I'd have joined in. I'm still lamenting the U2 thing going under!
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

www.chrischopping.virb.com

http://thatidiotchrischopping.blogspot.com

User avatar
Owen
definitely not Travolta
Posts: 14658
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 22:52
Contact:

Postby Owen » 15 Mar 2005, 17:41

Comrade Copehead wrote:Bugger.

I knew putting a coded message to all welsh voters by having the manics in there was a mistake, Owen didn't even pick up on my obvious ploy.


They are one of my least favourite groups, and I went to school with most of them.

Jumper k

Postby Jumper k » 15 Mar 2005, 17:46

Owen wrote:
Comrade Copehead wrote:Bugger.

I knew putting a coded message to all welsh voters by having the manics in there was a mistake, Owen didn't even pick up on my obvious ploy.


They are one of my least favourite groups, and I went to school with most of them.

That and you actually like music.

User avatar
Owen
definitely not Travolta
Posts: 14658
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 22:52
Contact:

Postby Owen » 15 Mar 2005, 17:47

Jumper K Balls wrote:
Owen wrote:
Comrade Copehead wrote:Bugger.

I knew putting a coded message to all welsh voters by having the manics in there was a mistake, Owen didn't even pick up on my obvious ploy.


They are one of my least favourite groups, and I went to school with most of them.

That and you actually like music.


There is that yeah, they seem like decent people to be honest, but the music is shite isn't it.

User avatar
My name is Spaulding
Pancake Expert
Posts: 24074
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: Somewhere else

Postby My name is Spaulding » 15 Mar 2005, 21:04

Mr Tapioca Head wrote:This vote is now closed. I'm going to count up now & name the tosser.


Is this a way to treat a defeated person?
Walk In My Shadow wrote:If Spaulding buys it, I'll buy it too.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 15 Mar 2005, 23:05

The Manics have now done for Steve Penk and Copey. I'm beginning to regret my top three of "Australia", "Motown Junk" and "End World Capitalism By Dressing Like Rita Hayworth".

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 63951
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Jan 2006, 19:07

Diamond Dog wrote:
Mr Tapioca Head wrote:The result for match 1 is....

A = 24 VOTES
B = 33 VOTES

So a first round defeat for.......

Comrade Copehead


Ha ha.


Wanker.


And so started a BCB legend.........
kewl klive wrote:Neil Young’s artistry is relatable, Bowie’s wasn’t.

Jack White wrote:"I sort of don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin"