Re: BCB Cup 2015 Round 1 Match 16

Postby WG Kaspar » 29 Jan 2015, 07:38

A
I run out of talent

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 29 Jan 2015, 14:46

i luvvvvvvv the hell outta B, mwhahahaha.

oh, what.

Wally Bingbang
Long Player

Postby Wally Bingbang » 29 Jan 2015, 14:50

A, eh.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Ray K.

Postby Ray K. » 29 Jan 2015, 19:32

B

THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI
hounds people off the board

Postby THE SMOOTH SOUL STYLINGS OF SUMPTUOUS SI » 29 Jan 2015, 19:36

A
GoogaMooga wrote:I've been GoogaMooga everywhere since I went online in 2005. There are copycats on the web incl a Brooklyn Food Festival, who have even adopted my camel case "M".

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 29 Jan 2015, 20:39

A 30-11 B

B was Copehead, for the two people who didn't already know.

A, you need to get me three new songs by 20:00 GMT this Sunday. PMs seem to work now.
Last edited by PENK on 29 Jan 2015, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Re: BCB Cup 2015 Round 1 Match 16 - What a Cope-Out

Postby Count Machuki » 29 Jan 2015, 21:36

The Dread Pirate Penk wrote:List B

6) The Devil Went Down to Georgia - The Charlie Daniels Band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNSljt0i3TI

oh, how i loathe this song...
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 29 Jan 2015, 23:20

That's it with this competition.

It has ceased to be about voting for a good set of songs and has become some obscurantist wankfest about who can find something boring that nobody else has ever heard of before recorded between the years 1966 and 1975.

Good luck to A and other people who want to be involved in a circle jerk of ever increasing boredom and rare R&B borefests.

Perhaps one day, when there are about 10 sad cunts playing this game posting imaginary Bowie B sides and platters by early 70s funk artists who didn't actually exist, people will look back to how it started and what it was supposed to be like.

Then I may consider playing again.

But for now it has become a repository of smug wankery attracting the sort of twats who really do think the shite that A posted was actually worth a listen.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 29 Jan 2015, 23:24

And on a more positive note I won't have to waste hours on my life in the coming weeks listening to boring crap by Gene Clark, The Isley Brothers and Minnie fucking Riperton. No Offence to A who certainly wasn't the very worst offender in this self fellating festival of the thankfully obscure scrapings from a hipsters record midden.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 29 Jan 2015, 23:24

kath wrote:i luvvvvvvv the hell outta B, mwhahahaha.

oh, what.

Thanks Kath.

Some people still remember what we used to be like

Ranking Ted

Postby Ranking Ted » 29 Jan 2015, 23:39

That reminds me, we're missing a Bitter Recriminations thread.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 29 Jan 2015, 23:51

Ted Maul wrote:That reminds me, we're missing a Bitter Recriminations thread.

there's one there but I honestly cannot be fucked

I can only assume that the majority of people left voting in this competition, which looks to be under 50 souls now, are the sort of people who honestly like frotting themselves over obscure records which were obscure when they came out and will remain obscure for ever because they have nothing to recommend them beyond their obscurity.

It started with Baby Fucking Huey and went down hill from there.

The twats got emboldened when they weren't laughed out of town for proffering this second rate soul blimp as an important find and now they have won, and now the competition is predicated on finding crap that Baby Huey would have laughed at important and interesting.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 30 Jan 2015, 00:02

The reason we can't even get 50 people to fucking vote in a competition that used to have to turn away people when the 64 places were filled and even had preliminary rounds a few years back is because 80% of the lists look like they were generated by some sort of bearded hipster algorithm produced by the spawn of some evil miscegenation involving a Hoxton twat and a Brooklyn wank stain.

The lack of imagination shown, beyond a sort crate diving desperation for novelty, is pathetic on board supposedly for music fans.

It is still vanilla, just a different sort of vanilla, fucking madagascan fucking vanilla is still vanilla.

Boring boring boring

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 30 Jan 2015, 00:10

This whole sad implosion of a good idea is summarised by that fact that a few years ago we were telling each other how we couldn't vote against a list containing the song Heroes.

But now, although many people still want to include songs by Bowie, they are so scared of being laughed at for playing a decent Bowie song in competition, a song that every body loves, they have to deploy a song so fucking obscure I doubt David Bowie remembers he even recorded it.

That is what we have come to.

That is why this is a chore that has to end or be radically reinvented to make it fun and interesting again.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 30 Jan 2015, 00:15

So you got pumped then.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

mission

Postby mission » 30 Jan 2015, 00:40

Pumped, indeed. Shoystered. Shitmixed. Turdchurned.

The hilarious thing about Copehead and his anti-obscurantist crew is the assumption that the search for the unused - so as to avoid seeing the same old fucking alt-canon/postpunk/garage rock gubbins being wheeled out, year after year - is necessarily the same as a search for the obscure.

Just because, Copey, your musical adventurism calcified around the time "the Red Wedge" didn't refer to Rebekah Brooks' minge doesn't mean the rest of us haven't continued to explore the FUCKING HUGE amount of good music to be found - beyond the pages of the 1980s NME.
Good.

fange

Postby fange » 30 Jan 2015, 01:09

Copehead wrote:This whole sad implosion of a good idea is summarised by that fact that a few years ago we were telling each other how we couldn't vote against a list containing the song Heroes.

But now, although many people still want to include songs by Bowie, they are so scared of being laughed at for playing a decent Bowie song in competition, a song that every body loves, they have to deploy a song so fucking obscure I doubt David Bowie remembers he even recorded it.

That is why this is a chore that has to end or be radically reinvented to make it fun and interesting again.

Copey, all this moaning and hand-wringing is for nought - you fucking put Iron Maiden's Number Of The Beast and Charlie Daniels' The Devil Went Down To Georgia in your list. :lol:

You got everything you deserved, so climb down off your Heroes hobby horse and take it on the chin. YOUR SONGS WERE BEATEN BY A LIST WITH BETTER MUSIC ON IT. Obscurity ain't in it.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 30 Jan 2015, 01:27

What he said ^

Still, that was some good ranting.
sloopjohnc wrote:Aslan has some good credenitals - got his BA from Santa Clara, a Jesuit school and his Masters from Harvard and PhD from Santa Barbara, a surfing school.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 30 Jan 2015, 10:26

Pissy Dribbles wrote:So you got pumped then.

Indeed by a boring load of old shit that a cartel of cunts, who all vote for each others lists, plumped for.

It has killed this competition stone dead.

Next year there will be about 30 entrants all putting up the same shit and all voting for each others lists of droppings from the arse end of the 60s. Should make it close if nothing else.

The chin strokers have destroyed this competition it has been becoming increasingly obvious over the last year or two.

It should be obvious even to the thicker chin strokers this year that every thing looks a bit samey and the numbers of people voting for this boring guff are falling through the floor.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 30 Jan 2015, 10:31

fangedango! wrote:
Copehead wrote:This whole sad implosion of a good idea is summarised by that fact that a few years ago we were telling each other how we couldn't vote against a list containing the song Heroes.

Copey, all this moaning and hand-wringing is for nought - you fucking put Iron Maiden's Number Of The Beast and Charlie Daniels' The Devil Went Down To Georgia in your list. :lol:

I did.

They are both far better written and more fun than the majority of the shit posted up here.

Can't you see that you have killed the competition stone dead with your wankery?

What was a fun competition about posting a list of decent songs that people know and like has been trumped by the shallowest sort of oneupmanship.

You're welcome too it, you and the 20-30 people who will be taking part next year.

Another proud, fun BCB tradition killed by humourless music bores like you.