BCB Cup 2015 Round 1 Match 16 - What a Cope-Out

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: BCB Cup 2015 Round 1 Match 16 - What a Cope-Out

Postby Copehead » 31 Jan 2015, 01:10

Pissy Dribbles wrote:
When the pumping hurts just that wee bit too much......

:lol:

Do you honestly think I give a fuck about getting through the first round of the BCB Cup?

Don't be silly.

Check out my illustrious BCB Cup history and you can see nothing could be further from the truth

I fly my freak flag and then pour scorn on the hopelessly hip who vote against it every year reacting like a virginal aunts at an orgy.

But it is diminishing returns, you need something to rail against and next year there will only be about 30 people taking part all trying to find some piece of 40 year old wankery the other 29 haven't spotted yet.

Perhaps time to let it die or let them get on with impressing each other without me pointing and laughing.
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Jan 2015, 01:23

See you at the 80s Cup then? :P
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 31 Jan 2015, 09:17

Copehead wrote:
Pissy Dribbles wrote:

Do you honestly think I give a fuck about getting through the first round of the BCB Cup?

Don't be silly.

Check out my illustrious BCB Cup history and you can see nothing could be further from the truth

I fly my freak flag and then pour scorn on the hopelessly hip who vote against it every year reacting like a virginal aunts at an orgy.

But it is diminishing returns, you need something to rail against and next year there will only be about 30 people taking part all trying to find some piece of 40 year old wankery the other 29 haven't spotted yet.

Perhaps time to let it die or let them get on with impressing each other without me pointing and laughing.

I'm only having a laugh. I really don't see the problem. I can only speak for myself. I just picked stuff that I liked that I thought would get me through a few rounds. One man's hip is another man's run of the mill.

On facebook I post what I play in the house each. A friend I used to work with thinks I post a lot of obscure stuff, and when I played The Stone Roses she said finally something she had heard of. The acts I played either of them included ZZ Top, OMD, Miles Davis, T Rex and Frank Zappa. All of them are obscure to her.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Jan 2015, 10:36

never/ever wrote:See you at the 80s Cup then? :P

If such thing ever happened I would be in like a shot

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Jan 2015, 10:38

Copehead wrote:

It will happen!
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Jan 2015, 10:50

Pissy Dribbles wrote:
Copehead wrote:
Pissy Dribbles wrote:

Don't be silly.

I'm only having a laugh. I really don't see the problem. I can only speak for myself. I just picked stuff that I liked that I thought would get me through a few rounds. One man's hip is another man's run of the mill.

There is a large element of truth in that, the majority of those left playing and voting in the cup have broadly similar tastes so broadly similar things are popular.

As I said it produces a BCB Cup list redux.

It always has, except the parameters are getting narrower each year.

It was interesting seeing the winning list for 05, we would be outraged by such an obvious and populist list of songs now.

We would rightly assume it was cynical and manipulative :)

We can't revisit hose innocent times

On facebook I post what I play in the house each. A friend I used to work with thinks I post a lot of obscure stuff, and when I played The Stone Roses she said finally something she had heard of. The acts I played either of them included ZZ Top, OMD, Miles Davis, T Rex and Frank Zappa. All of them are obscure to her.

I was shocked a couple of years back when I posted what I thought was a mainstream list and someone pointed out that they'd never heard half of it.

Even this year I suppose most people won't have the slightest idea who Midfield General is, George Jones and Robert Johnson are minority interests despite being important artists and British Sea Power have a profile lower than a flat worm in the States and aren't exactly huge in the UK.

LeBaron
Diamond Geezer

Postby LeBaron » 31 Jan 2015, 14:42

A

"Devil Went Down to Georgia?"
BARF
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

purgatory brite

Postby purgatory brite » 31 Jan 2015, 18:10

never/ever wrote:
Copehead wrote:

It will happen!

Will there be many votes for Belouis Some? :)

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Jan 2015, 19:55

purgatory brite wrote:
Will there be many votes for Belouis Some? :)

In your imagination...

George Carlin

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 01 Feb 2015, 11:03

baron frito pie wrote:A

"Devil Went Down to Georgia?"
BARF

:) I really don't understand why this song is hated so much, I know it is novelty country, not the greatest genre, but I loved it as a kid and I still think it is great fun.