Moaning, whingeing, kvetching etc

Rayge

Moaning, whingeing, kvetching etc

Postby Rayge » 26 Jan 2015, 15:42

Cup's been on for a couple of days and no one has melted down yet. Get a fucking grip.

As this is my first cup with the 'traditional' list-building format, I'd like to say how depressing it is that in the first tranche only two lists show any signs of being able to grow and maintain a theme [musical, genre, lyrical, anything] that promises interest to come [and one of those is losing], and only 4 in my view are not already irredeemably compromised by a track that gets up my [admittedly readily accessible and invadable] nose at least a bit.
Last edited by Rayge on 26 Jan 2015, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

'skope
BCB poster of the year 2014

Re: Moaning, whingeing, kvetching etc

Postby 'skope » 26 Jan 2015, 15:52

Rayge wrote:Cup's been on for a couple of days and no one has melted down yet. Get a fucking grip.

As this is my first cup with the 'traditional' list-building format, I'd like to say how depressing it is that in the first only two lists show any signs of being able to grow and maintain a theme [musical, genre, lyrical, anything] that promises interest to come, and only 4 in my view are not already irredeemably compromised by a track that gets up my [admittedly readily accessible] nose a bit.

i don't think there have been any really appalling lists so far, and more importantly, none which have regurgitated the same old shit from previous years. give it time...

funky_nomad
paranoid

Postby funky_nomad » 26 Jan 2015, 15:52

It's a marathon, not a sprint.
Just a penitent man

fange

Postby fange » 26 Jan 2015, 15:57

Some of your exasperatedly best caustic commentary going on tonight, Ray - keep up the good work! :)
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 26 Jan 2015, 16:04

'skope wrote:i don't think there have been any really appalling lists so far, and more importantly, none which have regurgitated the same old shit from previous years. give it time...

Not having been here for the previous years, this is kind of irrelevant to me.
And I've been fucking appalled

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 26 Jan 2015, 16:05

fangedango! wrote:Some of your exasperatedly best caustic commentary going on tonight, Ray - keep up the good work! :)

[deep bow]
Yr humble servant...

funky_nomad
paranoid

Postby funky_nomad » 26 Jan 2015, 16:06

Rayge wrote:
'skope wrote:i don't think there have been any really appalling lists so far, and more importantly, none which have regurgitated the same old shit from previous years. give it time...

Not having been here for the previous years, this is kind of irrelevant to me.
And I've been fucking appalled

:lol:
Just a penitent man

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 26 Jan 2015, 16:21

I'm being slaughtered in this round. I've never been beat so badly. I guess I should've taken more time to choose the songs or done some kind of theme or something but I've never gone with a theme before and made it to the third round last year. I guess my taste and BCB's are at an all-time disconnect because I played some of the other list's songs and most of them don't really do it for me. But I guess everyone who loses says that.
Thinking about Mexican food.

CAN
hounds people off the board

Postby CAN » 26 Jan 2015, 16:29

Matt Wilson wrote:I'm being slaughtered in this round. I've never been beat so badly. I guess I should've taken more time to choose the songs or done some kind of theme or something but I've never gone with a theme before and made it to the third round last year. I guess my taste and BCB's are at an all-time disconnect because I played some of the other list's songs and most of them don't really do it for me. But I guess everyone who loses says that.

Before you compile your next Cup list, put on some spandex and eyeliner like the rest of us Pommie assholes. You'll find your chances improve immeasurably.
mission wrote:the self-satisfied smug cunts like that moron Copehead

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 26 Jan 2015, 16:39

John, you've got me all wrong. I have nothing against spandex and eyeliner. I'm sitting here in class right now but I'm wearing a thong underneath my trousers. No one knows but me (and now you). This keeps me in touch with my feminine side and allows me to feel a string going up my ass at the same time. A win-win situation.

Sometimes when the wife and kids aren't around I put on some Barbara Streisand and dance around the house in a tutu. I've never been caught but there's always the chance and that's the way I like it.

You might also be glad to know that I've been working on my butt muscles lately to improve my sex appeal. I think I've told this story before on BCB but I take a cherry and put it between my butt cheeks and walk around the house squeezing them together holding the cherry in place. The trick is not to let the cherry drop to the floor or squeeze too hard and pop the cherry. I've gotten quite good at this and can now hold it in place for a half hour. Hell, I could probably squeeze my cheeks right now and cut the thong string! My goal is to be able to open a bottle of beer with my ass at a jollyup or at least crack a handful of nuts with my ass cheeks for public consumption.

der nister

Postby der nister » 26 Jan 2015, 16:56

:lol: excellent

If only John were in better shape he probaly wouldn't be so negative ;)
It's kinda depressing for a music forum to be proud of not knowing musicians.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 26 Jan 2015, 17:03

Hi Cup Fans!

I'm going to post tonight's ties a little early because I'm just so excited I seem to have picked up the stomach bug that's kept my family in bed over the weekend, so don't know when I'll have another opportunity today...
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 26 Jan 2015, 17:04

I'm tellin' ya - these guys who think they're liberated because they listen to David Bowie got nothin' on me!!

Ray K.

Postby Ray K. » 26 Jan 2015, 19:17

I plan to sip some wine and judge each list with a critical ear tonight while Philadelphia is buried in many, many feet of snow.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 26 Jan 2015, 19:19

Fuck this theme list shit. I just want a bunch of songs I can dig.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 26 Jan 2015, 19:25

Have you ever seen so much Bowie?

Look up here, I'm in heaven

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 26 Jan 2015, 19:45

not since his spandex split on stage

the gorton gollum
cultural defective

Postby the gorton gollum » 26 Jan 2015, 19:47

After the easy to digest drip,drip,drip of the recent cup competitions I'm finding it hard to evaluate 16 songs at a time.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 26 Jan 2015, 21:24

Lord, I love Bowie, but he sure seems back with a vengeance this year. And some appallingly obvious picks from the catalogue as well.

Dig yerselves out of this rut!
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

mission

Postby mission » 27 Jan 2015, 08:28

There is a fair bit of Bowie.

It's like we knew the Yanks were coming. Or something.

There is also the very weird shit going on in Match 11 to contend with. We all know who has vomited up A, but the compiler of B needs to go into Prince's bedroom, tilt his or her head up toward the ceiling, and take a fucking, good, hard look at themselves.

Weirdness abounds.
Good.