Round 1 Match 7 - Griff out - Cup Controversy Shocker!

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Re: Round 1 Match 7 - all square - replay time!

Postby PENK » 31 Jan 2016, 09:56

So one of the contestants has looked at the thread themselves and spotted that the very naughty or forgetful sloopjohnc had managed to sneak in two votes for A, which means that the score in this one was in fact:

A 15-16 B

Therefore the replay is off and A, whose defeat is embroiled in controversy and scandal, was Griff.

B, you can now send me three new songs to be added to the original list.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Vic Snazell-Sprey
Utter Cad

Re: Round 1 Match 7

Postby Vic Snazell-Sprey » 31 Jan 2016, 10:07

Fair enough. Well done to my opponant - great list. The only thing i'm pissed off about is this:

Copehead wrote:Close I would pronbably edge towards A but everyone else is so I will go B

Fucking prick! :x
Little Jim was no-one's fool - he owned the town's only jam butty mine.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Re: Round 1 Match 7 - Griff out - Cup Controversy Shocker!

Postby PENK » 31 Jan 2016, 10:34

It wouldn't be the BCB Cup without someone having a go at Copehead.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Ranking Ted

Postby Ranking Ted » 31 Jan 2016, 13:50

toomanyhatz wrote:
Geoff Woade wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I'm finding the scolding here beyond silly. It's not like Motorhead and Bowie have never appeared in these things before. And suddenly B is supposed to ignore these great tracks just to prove they're not 'cashing in' on the sentiment? Does not compute. Besides, the Iggy track is great and, if anything, underappreciated here, the Three Degrees and Hathaway tracks are wonderful, and A, despite the nice Richman and Pogues picks, also gives us 9 boring minutes of Soft Cell and "Buffalo Gals" which has never been more than a cute novelty and isn't worth hearing the third time, let alone the thousandth. (And last I checked, McLaren's dead too. Are we supposed to finger-wag about that too? I can't keep the rules straight. :roll: )

Chill out, it was a throwaway comment not a blitzkrieg. No more censorious or wounding than anything else I read in every tie. It's just a bit of fun, right?

It wasn't just you.

But yes, it is all, including my rant 'just a bit of fun'. I was never unchilled.

Good stuff.

sloopjohnc

Re: Round 1 Match 7 - all square - replay time!

Postby sloopjohnc » 31 Jan 2016, 17:16

PENK wrote:So one of the contestants has looked at the thread themselves and spotted that the very naughty or forgetful sloopjohnc had managed to sneak in two votes for A, which means that the score in this one was in fact:

A 15-16 B

Therefore the replay is off and A, whose defeat is embroiled in controversy and scandal, was Griff.

B, you can now send me three new songs to be added to the original list.

Sorry 'bout that. I thought I might've done that and looked at the round one matches, but couldn't find the match where I might've voted twice.

Take solace in that I really liked your list twice though. It woulda been funnier if I voted for A and then B.
WG Kaspar wrote:I'm a happy bunny.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 31 Jan 2016, 17:30

German Dave wrote:Fair enough. Well done to my opponant - great list. The only thing i'm pissed off about is this:

Copehead wrote:Close I would pronbably edge towards A but everyone else is so I will go B

That didn't turn out quite as I expected
And sometimes I ride on bus x82, say what!

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

fange

Postby fange » 05 Feb 2016, 07:12

Copehead wrote:
German Dave wrote:Fair enough. Well done to my opponant - great list. The only thing i'm pissed off about is this:

That didn't turn out quite as I expected

:lol: Oh dear.

Let this be a lesson to you kids - DON'T FUCK AROUND WITH YOUR CUP VOTES.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!