Comments

Ranking Ted

Re: Comments

Postby Ranking Ted » 29 Jan 2016, 20:32

K wrote:Is it me or is there a lot of Donny Hathaway this year (8 games in)?

*scratches from list*

Spec

Postby Spec » 29 Jan 2016, 21:07

Samoan wrote:I suspect some people may not even be clicking on all the links...:o...you naughty people...

...but I may be wrong :)

I looked at the number of views of a couple of my more obscure tracks last year and they didn't change during the cup.

But then earlier today I watched one of the videos twice and the view count also didn't seem to change.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 29 Jan 2016, 22:16

fange wrote:Whoever made that list in match 3 is probably laughing their arse off about how many people they've managed to suck in. :lol:

:shock:
bobzilla77 wrote:Those people who say the guitars sound like bagpipes have never really listened to bagpipes.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 29 Jan 2016, 22:43

You fuckers started without me :evil:
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 29 Jan 2016, 22:50

Darkness_Fish wrote:I think I forgot to mention, I played my joker in this first round, and so votes for my list count double. That's ok, isn't it?

I hope you're joking!

In fact, you must be - I didn't see a list with your 'name' on it.

Don't give yerself away, man! :)

Look up here, I'm in heaven

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 29 Jan 2016, 22:52

Samoan wrote:I suspect some people may not even be clicking on all the links...:o...you naughty people...

I was thinking that, when a couple of people seemed to think that The Eagles were - you know - the Eagles.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 29 Jan 2016, 22:53

K wrote:Is it me or is there a lot of Donny Hathaway this year (8 games in)?

Well yeah - it's odd enuf he turned up twice in the first half of the first round, but it's the same song. *shiver*

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 29 Jan 2016, 23:00

Loki wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:I think I forgot to mention, I played my joker in this first round, and so votes for my list count double. That's ok, isn't it?

I hope you're joking!

Oops, I knew I should've looked at the results first!

Thanx for the Movietone. :D

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 30 Jan 2016, 00:15

I can't believe I'm out already.
I'm glad I switched some folks onto Nadine Shah, my one good find of last year.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

fange

Postby fange » 30 Jan 2016, 01:29

Samoan wrote:
fange wrote:Whoever made that list in match 3 is probably laughing their arse off about how many people they've managed to suck in. :lol:

:shock:

:D
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 30 Jan 2016, 20:55

Loki wrote:

I hope you're joking!

To be honest, I thought that you, Ray, and pcq would have guessed mine straight away, with Movietone being the obvious giveaway.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 30 Jan 2016, 23:23

Nah, sorry to say I don't pay that close attention. Well sometimes I do, but with you younger Brit guys, I had not much in common so gave up years ago. I did try, tho.

Plus I have brain damage. Some serious Math there.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 30 Jan 2016, 23:35

Darkness_Fish wrote:
Loki wrote:

I hope you're joking!

To be honest, I thought that you, Ray, and pcq would have guessed mine straight away, with Movietone being the obvious giveaway.

I knew it was you but I had to vote for the other list.

Sorry 'bout that.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 31 Jan 2016, 23:36

So, I get accused of choosing obvious favourites, despite having a really exciting list that including one fantastic song sung in Finnish (and it wasn't even a metal track, just an incredibly jaunty pop song). Did anyone actually listen to it? Yeah, clearly I was playing it safe. Obviously the brave list that wins will contain nothing made after 1976, and will have plenty of Mojo magazine favourites. And, no, I'm not bitter.

By the way, what happened to Bitter Recriminations?

BOLLY BEE
hounds people off the board

Postby BOLLY BEE » 31 Jan 2016, 23:39

Any way this section could be 'stretched out' a bit, so when you click on the subforum you can see all the threads laid out one by one?

It's a bit strange to have all these old threads listed there and this current one sort of squashed up in an unopened box at the top there.
Copehead wrote:Rather amusingly I remembered a very expensive 3* meal I ate that did disappoint slightly

Violent Phlegm
Fucking Crackers

Postby Violent Phlegm » 31 Jan 2016, 23:42

the masked man wrote:So, I get accused of choosing obvious favourites, despite having a really exciting list that including one fantastic song sung in Finnish (and it wasn't even a metal track, just an incredibly jaunty pop song). Did anyone actually listen to it? Yeah, clearly I was playing it safe. Obviously the brave list that wins will contain nothing made after 1976, and will have plenty of Mojo magazine favourites. And, no, I'm not bitter.

I found the rejection of the marvellous "Midlife Crisis" offensive. Although in saying that it was mostly rejected by people who wouldn't know a tune if it gently cupped their testicles so it's no surprise really.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

fange

Postby fange » 01 Feb 2016, 00:04

The Red Heifer wrote:
the masked man wrote:So, I get accused of choosing obvious favourites, despite having a really exciting list that including one fantastic song sung in Finnish (and it wasn't even a metal track, just an incredibly jaunty pop song). Did anyone actually listen to it? Yeah, clearly I was playing it safe. Obviously the brave list that wins will contain nothing made after 1976, and will have plenty of Mojo magazine favourites. And, no, I'm not bitter.

I found the rejection of the marvellous "Midlife Crisis" offensive. Although in saying that it was mostly rejected by people who wouldn't know a tune if it gently cupped their testicles so it's no surprise really.

If ever there was a tune that was gonna gently cup my cojones, it ain't 'Midlife Crisis' - 'Midlife Crisis' is more your cold digit up the bunghole when you're least expecting it.

the masked man wrote: Did anyone actually listen to it?

Yep, listened to every track and enjoyed it a lot overall, MM. Sad to see it go.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 01 Feb 2016, 09:12

the masked man wrote:So, I get accused of choosing obvious favourites, despite having a really exciting list that including one fantastic song sung in Finnish (and it wasn't even a metal track, just an incredibly jaunty pop song).

I was disappointed that the Finnish track wasn't some acid folk thing on Fonal Records, tbh. I was hoping for another Paavoharju or Kemailliset Ystavat. Your list was quite good, and would've beaten most of the others in this comp, I thought. But it was up against the best list so far.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 01 Feb 2016, 09:18

Be honest, Andrew...that Hallo Helsinki sounded like a rejected Eurovision-entry. It is shit!
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

Violent Phlegm
Fucking Crackers

Postby Violent Phlegm » 01 Feb 2016, 09:40

We all know that there's only one band that Lordi's all over the Finnish music scene

It's The Rasmus, innit?
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?