Comments

User avatar
Spec
Posts: 10387
Joined: 20 Aug 2003, 11:58
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Comments

Postby Spec » 29 Jan 2016, 21:07

Samoan wrote:I suspect some people may not even be clicking on all the links...:o...you naughty people...









...but I may be wrong :)



I looked at the number of views of a couple of my more obscure tracks last year and they didn't change during the cup.




But then earlier today I watched one of the videos twice and the view count also didn't seem to change.

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10388
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: still at Red Hen restaurant

Re: Comments

Postby Samoan » 29 Jan 2016, 22:16

fange wrote:Whoever made that list in match 3 is probably laughing their arse off about how many people they've managed to suck in. :lol:

:shock:

User avatar
Polishgirl
Posts: 9152
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 22:06

Re: Comments

Postby Polishgirl » 29 Jan 2016, 22:43

You fuckers started without me :evil:
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15932
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: Comments

Postby Loki » 29 Jan 2016, 22:50

Darkness_Fish wrote:I think I forgot to mention, I played my joker in this first round, and so votes for my list count double. That's ok, isn't it?

I hope you're joking!

In fact, you must be - I didn't see a list with your 'name' on it.

Don't give yerself away, man! :)
Image


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15932
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: Comments

Postby Loki » 29 Jan 2016, 22:52

Samoan wrote:I suspect some people may not even be clicking on all the links...:o...you naughty people...

I was thinking that, when a couple of people seemed to think that The Eagles were - you know - the Eagles.
Image


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15932
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: Comments

Postby Loki » 29 Jan 2016, 22:53

K wrote:Is it me or is there a lot of Donny Hathaway this year (8 games in)?

Well yeah - it's odd enuf he turned up twice in the first half of the first round, but it's the same song. *shiver*
Image


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15932
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: Comments

Postby Loki » 29 Jan 2016, 23:00

Loki wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:I think I forgot to mention, I played my joker in this first round, and so votes for my list count double. That's ok, isn't it?

I hope you're joking!

In fact, you must be - I didn't see a list with your 'name' on it.

Don't give yerself away, man! :)

Oops, I knew I should've looked at the results first!


Thanx for the Movietone. :D
Image


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
Fonz
Posts: 3729
Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 14:10
Location: Nevermore

Re: Comments

Postby Fonz » 30 Jan 2016, 00:15

I can't believe I'm out already.
I'm glad I switched some folks onto Nadine Shah, my one good find of last year.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

User avatar
fange
100% fangetastic
Posts: 13092
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: Comments

Postby fange » 30 Jan 2016, 01:29

Samoan wrote:
fange wrote:Whoever made that list in match 3 is probably laughing their arse off about how many people they've managed to suck in. :lol:

:shock:

:D
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 6399
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: Comments

Postby Darkness_Fish » 30 Jan 2016, 20:55

Loki wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:I think I forgot to mention, I played my joker in this first round, and so votes for my list count double. That's ok, isn't it?

I hope you're joking!

In fact, you must be - I didn't see a list with your 'name' on it.

Don't give yerself away, man! :)

To be honest, I thought that you, Ray, and pcq would have guessed mine straight away, with Movietone being the obvious giveaway.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 15932
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: Comments

Postby Loki » 30 Jan 2016, 23:23

Nah, sorry to say I don't pay that close attention. Well sometimes I do, but with you younger Brit guys, I had not much in common so gave up years ago. I did try, tho.

Plus I have brain damage. Some serious Math there.
Image


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 17376
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Texas

Re: Comments

Postby pcqgod » 30 Jan 2016, 23:35

Darkness_Fish wrote:
Loki wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:I think I forgot to mention, I played my joker in this first round, and so votes for my list count double. That's ok, isn't it?

I hope you're joking!

In fact, you must be - I didn't see a list with your 'name' on it.

Don't give yerself away, man! :)

To be honest, I thought that you, Ray, and pcq would have guessed mine straight away, with Movietone being the obvious giveaway.


I knew it was you but I had to vote for the other list.

Sorry 'bout that.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
the masked man
Schadenfreude
Posts: 26973
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 12:29
Location: Peterborough

Re: Comments

Postby the masked man » 31 Jan 2016, 23:36

So, I get accused of choosing obvious favourites, despite having a really exciting list that including one fantastic song sung in Finnish (and it wasn't even a metal track, just an incredibly jaunty pop song). Did anyone actually listen to it? Yeah, clearly I was playing it safe. Obviously the brave list that wins will contain nothing made after 1976, and will have plenty of Mojo magazine favourites. And, no, I'm not bitter.

By the way, what happened to Bitter Recriminations?

User avatar
Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19631
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21
Location: selling a self-detonating James Last CD to a Copenhagen thrift store

Re: Comments

Postby Dor-Relip Hotels and Bathings » 31 Jan 2016, 23:39

Any way this section could be 'stretched out' a bit, so when you click on the subforum you can see all the threads laid out one by one?

It's a bit strange to have all these old threads listed there and this current one sort of squashed up in an unopened box at the top there.
GoogaMooga wrote:There's this joke about cowbells in the States, "More cowbell, we need more cowbell!".

User avatar
The Red Nosed Heifer
Fucking Crackers
Posts: 14930
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Location: South Penriff
Contact:

Re: Comments

Postby The Red Nosed Heifer » 31 Jan 2016, 23:42

the masked man wrote:So, I get accused of choosing obvious favourites, despite having a really exciting list that including one fantastic song sung in Finnish (and it wasn't even a metal track, just an incredibly jaunty pop song). Did anyone actually listen to it? Yeah, clearly I was playing it safe. Obviously the brave list that wins will contain nothing made after 1976, and will have plenty of Mojo magazine favourites. And, no, I'm not bitter.

By the way, what happened to Bitter Recriminations?


I found the rejection of the marvellous "Midlife Crisis" offensive. Although in saying that it was mostly rejected by people who wouldn't know a tune if it gently cupped their testicles so it's no surprise really.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

User avatar
fange
100% fangetastic
Posts: 13092
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: Comments

Postby fange » 01 Feb 2016, 00:04

The Red Heifer wrote:
the masked man wrote:So, I get accused of choosing obvious favourites, despite having a really exciting list that including one fantastic song sung in Finnish (and it wasn't even a metal track, just an incredibly jaunty pop song). Did anyone actually listen to it? Yeah, clearly I was playing it safe. Obviously the brave list that wins will contain nothing made after 1976, and will have plenty of Mojo magazine favourites. And, no, I'm not bitter.

By the way, what happened to Bitter Recriminations?


I found the rejection of the marvellous "Midlife Crisis" offensive. Although in saying that it was mostly rejected by people who wouldn't know a tune if it gently cupped their testicles so it's no surprise really.


If ever there was a tune that was gonna gently cup my cojones, it ain't 'Midlife Crisis' - 'Midlife Crisis' is more your cold digit up the bunghole when you're least expecting it.


the masked man wrote: Did anyone actually listen to it?

Yep, listened to every track and enjoyed it a lot overall, MM. Sad to see it go.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 6399
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: Comments

Postby Darkness_Fish » 01 Feb 2016, 09:12

the masked man wrote:So, I get accused of choosing obvious favourites, despite having a really exciting list that including one fantastic song sung in Finnish (and it wasn't even a metal track, just an incredibly jaunty pop song).

I was disappointed that the Finnish track wasn't some acid folk thing on Fonal Records, tbh. I was hoping for another Paavoharju or Kemailliset Ystavat. Your list was quite good, and would've beaten most of the others in this comp, I thought. But it was up against the best list so far.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 23718
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: Comments

Postby never/ever » 01 Feb 2016, 09:18

Be honest, Andrew...that Hallo Helsinki sounded like a rejected Eurovision-entry. It is shit!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
The Red Nosed Heifer
Fucking Crackers
Posts: 14930
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Location: South Penriff
Contact:

Re: Comments

Postby The Red Nosed Heifer » 01 Feb 2016, 09:40

We all know that there's only one band that Lordi's all over the Finnish music scene















It's The Rasmus, innit?
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10388
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: still at Red Hen restaurant

Re: Comments

Postby Samoan » 01 Feb 2016, 09:48

SEX APE wrote:Any way this section could be 'stretched out' a bit, so when you click on the subforum you can see all the threads laid out one by one?

It's a bit strange to have all these old threads listed there and this current one sort of squashed up in an unopened box at the top there.

Agreed. It would certainly help with foot fall, so to speak, and get non contestants viewing, listening and voting.

Is it technically possible to do so at this stage ?
If it is, perhaps an Admin would have the time to do so ?