Round 1 Match 3 - Darkness closes in

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Re: Round 1 Match 3

Postby PENK » 29 Jan 2016, 21:43

I make this A 15-16 B so think a second opinion might be useful before I make the final call...
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

WG Kaspar

Re: Round 1 Match 3

Postby WG Kaspar » 29 Jan 2016, 21:49

PENK wrote:I make this A 15-16 B so think a second opinion might be useful before I make the final call...

I make it the same
I run out of talent

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Re: Round 1 Match 3 - recount needed

Postby PENK » 29 Jan 2016, 21:52

I get that after a couple more counts too.

So, very unlucky A, Darkness Fish, to go out like that in your first BCB Cup.

B, three new songs, to me, soonish.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Re: Round 1 Match 3 - Darkness closes in

Postby Loki » 29 Jan 2016, 22:59

Dave, you might get the hallowed (?) 'Most Abstentions' prize at the end. ;)

Look up here, I'm in heaven

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Darkness_Fish

Re: Round 1 Match 3 - Darkness closes in

Postby Darkness_Fish » 30 Jan 2016, 20:40

I'm surprised I got that many votes to be honest. If I hadn't thrown that Chameleons track in at the last minute to try and put in a bit of pop music, I suspect it could've been a whitewash.

Personally, I'm surprised by the negative reaction to Melt-Banana, and I also suspect not many people watched the Holly Herndon video, or else they'd have mentioned trying to click the youtube adverts away. And I was worried it wasn't eclectic enough, having a bit too much electronic nonsense, but I had to pick the Nobukaza Takemura track, because it was the only other song I could think of that I knew had a proper promo video.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.