Iceland

How to get the very best from Planet Earth.
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Iceland

Postby Goat Boy » 29 Jan 2018, 19:09

Off there later in the year. Doing the whole ring road thang and looking for recommendations, especially for places to eat but anything really
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Dr Markus

Re: Iceland

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Jan 2018, 15:48

Did you know there's a C between Ireland and Iceland?

Thank you, thank you very much.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

savoirefaire
Location: formerly pore of sin...ga!, way of nor and currently pan of Ja!

Re: Iceland

Postby savoirefaire » 02 Feb 2018, 05:49

Goat Boy wrote:Off there later in the year. Doing the whole ring road thang and looking for recommendations, especially for places to eat but anything really

I was there for 4 days in 2015, and I wish I had stayed for at least 2 weeks. I had breakfast at Kaffibarin, lunch where I tried whale and things at this tiny place at the pier (I can't seem to find it on the map but it's near where the art museum etc). I enjoyed drinking Kaldi beer at Kaldi bar/cafe (we went twice, and it was always bustling) and Skuli craft bar which was also very nice. We did the whole expensive fine-dining thing at Grillmarkadurin (where I tried puffin!). Reykjavik is a great little town and do look out for gigs etc. I just looked at the map and there seems to be so much more going on now than when I was there. As for the sight seeing, I did the whole ring road as well, and on the next day, I did the south coast tour, up to the glacier lake and walking around the black sand beaches (we did it through a tour company). I stayed at a very very nice AirBnB -- pm me if you want to know.

JEALOUS!
Kid P wrote:*Deleted*
Should have quoted SF

Sneelock wrote:I'm never bored. I'm boring. I think of it as a lifestyle choice!

[img]//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Fundraising_2009-horizontal-thanks-en.png[/img]

Return to “All Around The World”