Updated Venice hints please

How to get the very best from Planet Earth.
Polishgirl

Updated Venice hints please

Postby Polishgirl » 20 Aug 2017, 06:50

I'm off to Venice next month- annual city break with my trusty gal pal. It was her choice. We went to Vienna last year and I absolutely, desperately fell in love with it, so it's a hard act to follow for me.

I've booked an Air Bnb in Cannaregio. We're also planning a day to either Verona or Padua.

I'd really appreciate hints/ tips - especially for things off the beaten track; an update on the older Venice thread.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Positive Passion

Re: Updated Venice hints please

Postby Positive Passion » 21 Aug 2017, 18:08

Polishgirl wrote:I'm off to Venice next month- annual city break with my trusty gal pal. It was her choice. We went to Vienna last year and I absolutely, desperately fell in love with it, so it's a hard act to follow for me.

I've booked an Air Bnb in Cannaregio. We're also planning a day to either Verona or Padua.

I'd really appreciate hints/ tips - especially for things off the beaten track; an update on the older Venice thread.

Just wander about at night. I will see if I can find the restaurants we ate at - they were decent - my wife checked reviews on trip advisor.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 23 Aug 2017, 13:59

Try to learn and speak just a little Veneto - it goes a LONG way.

Don't eat in any restaurants that have a tourist menu.

This is a good place http://antichecarampane.com/it/

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » Yesterday, 17:08

going with David on March
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.