Seattle

How to get the very best from Planet Earth.
Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Seattle

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 29 Jun 2015, 15:32

I'll be there for a few days in early august. it looks like there's tons to do but any suggestions/recommendations welcome (particularly live music oriented). I will have a 7 year-old in tow.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Re: Seattle

Postby Corporate whore » 29 Jun 2015, 16:29

Do the Underground tour - cheezy, but very entertaining.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 29 Jun 2015, 16:41

The Showbox in Belltown is a great venue. Saw Gomez and QOTSA there within 3 days of each other in 02, I think. The QOTSA was top 5 gig material.
Go to Fremont, and check out the Troll. My boy loved it.
I'll be back there from 18/8 for a fortnight.

I can't remember when Bumbershoot is. Sometime towards the end of the month I think. Bollocks. Just checked. Early September.

There's some great beers to be drunk.
The Elysian brewery on Cap Hill is ok with young children, I think.
There's a kayaking place just off North Lake Union. We'll be doing that again. Pretty safe for kids. Paddle to Gasworks Park, which isn't far at all, and enjoy the view.

The Space Needle is def worth a visit.
If your kid can cycle, the Burke-Gilman Trail is worth doing a bit of. From Gasworks Park, up to the Hiram Chittendon Locks, then onto Ray's for lunch is also a great day out.

I love the place.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Postby Corporate whore » 29 Jun 2015, 23:30

Second the recommendation of the troll- it's great.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 03 Jul 2015, 06:24

la mome wrote:I'll be there for a few days in early august. it looks like there's tons to do but any suggestions/recommendations welcome (particularly live music oriented). I will have a 7 year-old in tow.

Where will you be staying? Hotel/ friends?
A good chunk of it is accessible on foot, but if you have access to a car/ bikes you could do more.
A hop across the Sound on a ferry, say to Bainbridge, is a nice day out.
Heyyyy!

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 04 Aug 2015, 18:46

la mome wrote:I'll be there for a few days in early august. it looks like there's tons to do but any suggestions/recommendations welcome (particularly live music oriented). I will have a 7 year-old in tow.

Well?
Heyyyy!

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 05 Aug 2015, 01:02

Fonz wrote:

Well?

Ah sorry. Well so far we have been to the space needle, the chihuly garden (I love his stuff) an underground tour, the boeing factory and tomorrow we will go to Bainbridge. We are staying at the Roosevelt at 7th and Pine. We don't have a car.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 05 Aug 2015, 06:56

la mome wrote:
Fonz wrote:

Well?

Ah sorry. Well so far we have been to the space needle, the chihuly garden (I love his stuff) an underground tour, the boeing factory and tomorrow we will go to Bainbridge. We are staying at the Roosevelt at 7th and Pine. We don't have a car.

3 years ago we stayed in Bainbridge too. No car.
We stayed at the Island Country Inn; make your own waffles!; it was about 20 mins walk from the centre of Winslow.
Pretty little town; had a great meal at a seafront restaurant with a big semi-open table area.
We covered a lot of ground on foot. There is a large picnic/play area down High School Road, heading towards the west of the island, probably a mile or so on the right after the High School itself.

Enjoy it mate! We'll be there in a fortnight.
Heyyyy!

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 14 Sep 2015, 04:13

I was just there for two nights, for a work conference. I didn't really get to experience much beyond the hotel, except:

Hale's Brewery made some damn tasty brew, which I should have sampled less of during the brewery tour.

And holy shit, despite the obnoxious hipster-splosion of the place, The Walrus & The Carpenter made some mighty fine food.
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

Return to “All Around The World”